corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay?

Poll: EU exit or stay?
LEAVE 65 (63.11%)
STAY 38 (36.89%)

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU exit or stay?
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Mar 16 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hows does them paying taxes help anyone when the M25 turns into a carpark, or when I cant get a dr's appointment for 2 weeks.
DaveyLC

18th Mar 16 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure if you are Trolling now or genuinely this ignorant?
Ellis

18th Mar 16 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the Southern England population sounds like India if I am to believe what Steve says. Come to Scotland, there's hardly anyone up here.

There are more EU migrants in the UK than the population of Scotland if 6million is accurate.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Mar 16 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read my copy - pasta from a few posts ago. That is more fact than any of you lot have spoken
Tiger

18th Mar 16 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Well the Southern England population sounds like India if I am to believe what Steve says. Come to Scotland, there's hardly anyone up here.

There are more EU migrants in the UK than the population of Scotland if 6million is accurate.

There's a reason there's hardly anyone up there
Steve
Premium Member

18th Mar 16 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont mind them as people at all, its not like im going full fockin pakis about it.

But there is a numbers problem, and I personally feel we are better placed to deal with that outside of the EU
Ellis

18th Mar 16 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, we don't like sharing the beauty and worlds finest single malt whisky.
Whittie

18th Mar 16 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone on bbc breakfast was on about a website they were about to launch "Eu IN or EU Out .com" so I bought the domain and put a site on it.

http://www.euinoreuout.com

Turns out most people want to leave, without knowing, pretty much anything.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

18th Mar 16 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Someone on bbc breakfast was on about a website they were about to launch "Eu IN or EU Out .com" so I bought the domain and put a site on it.

You know they can just take it off you pretty easily
DaveyLC

18th Mar 16 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course they can't, its his fair and square.
Whittie

19th Mar 16 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

You know they can just take it off you pretty easily

How
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

20th Mar 16 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they can prove they had the idea first it goes to panel. For the uk nominet can just take the domain after review
DaveyLC

20th Mar 16 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Y869 SRA

22nd Mar 16 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Because they aren't in the eu and overrun by eastern Europeans

Renewed your Daily Mail subscription recently?

It must genuinely be different in your neck of the woods. Because the amount around here is ridiculous. They've got their own shops and the like. Like I've mentioned I wonder if I work in a UK factory. Any agency staff we get in are all eastern European and there's areas now that are, how can I put it, less than welcoming to 'locals' now.

Not scare mongering, simple how it is nowadays.

You should check out Bedford. Just like you described and I'd say the english pop. there is less than 20% easy. I work in a warehouse there and only about 10% of our staff is english and we rarely are given the perm. contracts clearly due to being english. The euro shops in town, quite a few of them don't even like serving english folk.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Mar 16 at 00:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a Polish shop near me and they serve me because I go in there and buy stuff. If they don't like it they can fuck off, its on a street in my town and I like Milko and they have it. Bit awkward at first because I didn't speak so they wouldn't have known whether I wasn't Polish (although its actually obvious), so we did the deals in silence.

After a few times and me trying out a bit of djinky it was all smiles.

I'm also mates with the Sri Lankan guy who runs a shop by the workshop who sells me sandwiches, he lived in France for 15 years but said scousers are more friendly.

I also don't go to the scouser any more because his shop closed because the sandwiches were shit.

Couldn't GAF where the people or the stuff comes from. I can still have a view on democracy.

[Edited on 23-03-2016 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Mar 16 at 01:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And another thing, the cookie law, derived from Directive 2009/136/EC, is ridiculous.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Mar 16 at 06:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get my hair cut by Polish people. True story
3CorsaMeal

23rd Mar 16 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've decided that if and when i get to vote i will vote with my heart and for the people not with my wallet and the effect on my bank balance.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Mar 16 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to add some more accurate figures to my previous ramblings about how many foreigners my missus deals with.

On a 36 bed ward at least 20 of the names on the board are foreign.

And that a large percentage of them will go straight back after because they are only here to take advantage of the free birthing services. As rest of Europe charges for it.

Real world examples there not daily mail type accusations
Jimbothebarbarian

26th Mar 16 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't tell the truth on here as it makes you a bigoted daily mail reading racist. You fascist pig.
DaveyLC

31st May 16 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It saddens me that nearly everyone I speak to is Pro-Brexit and when I ask them why they always come out with the same reasons which are to be quite frank rather missguided and generally not even related to or caused by our membership of the EU.

I'm quite passionate about this referendum and I'd really like to try and help anyone who is undecided as to why we should stay using relatively positive reasons rather than all of the negative reasons that are being peddled by both sides at the moment..

The most common reason banded around to leave is immigration or the freedom of travel within the EU, this is also generally driven by the stories in the media regarding refugees but people forget these are not EU citizens, they are not exercising their freedom of travel so it is COMPLETELY irrelevant to use this as an argument to leave as our membership of the EU has no bearing on where these people flee to or how they get there.

Next is trade; many people believe the UK has no real manufacturing industry and thus we export very little to the EU so we see very little benefit in the trade agreements again this is misconception: 57% of our trade and exports are to the EU we're not just talking exports from factories but service industry and distribution, many international companies ship products to the UK to be distributed throughout the EU as we are seen as a trusted and reliable hub. Leaving the EU and fouling these trade agreements removes our competitive edge as we will be liable to tighter customs controls and expensive export duties!

Thirdly people love to tell us all how the NHS is being overrun by Eastern Europeans but in reality the only Eastern Europeans you are likely to bump into on your hospital visit will be actually treating you! 55 thousand of the 1.2 million NHS staff are citizens of other EU countries (that's 4.5%) oh and it gets better! 10% of ALL doctors are from other EU countries and 4% of nurses. Could you imagine the damage leaving would cause to the NHS???

Let us not also forget the over 2 MILLION UK ex-pats living in the EU relying on our EU membership for the Healthcare and possibly pensions; Imagine if we leave and their right to health care is revoked? A large proportion of those ex-pats will no doubt feel they wish to return again putting even more strain on the NHS.

But hey that's just the NHS and Trade we've covered so far, no biggy right?? WRONG: The EU does SOOOOOOO much more for us, here's a brief list of a few other things the majority of us benefit from:

-CE mark (product safety).
-Farm subsidies.
-Paid Holidays.
-Paid Maternity Leave.
-Cleaner Beaches
-Regulation to prevent commercial monopolies.
-Freedom of Movement.
-Cheaper Flights.
-Shared intelligence to combat crime and terrorism.
Oh I almost forgot to mention HUMAN RIGHTS, that's another elephant in the room when it comes to the IN or OUT debate. The scare mongering would have you believe that EU Human Rights are a bad thing because a tiny handful of criminals lawyers have taken advantage of these rights but let us not forget they are in-place to protect us all from possibly corrupt legal systems or bad judgements, don't blame human rights on the shady lawyers who protect these scum bags.

Oh and lets look at the sort of people who want to remain v's those who want to leave:

Remain

Simon Stevens, Chief Executive of NHS England
David Nicoholson, former Chief Executive of NHS England
Sir Muir Gray, Chief Knowledge Officer to the National Health Service
Sir Michael Rawlins, chair of the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency.
Ferdinand Mount, Former Head of the Number 10 Policy Unit for Margaret Thatcher(1980-1983)
Michael Arthur, Provost and President of University College London
Sir Brendan Barber, chair of the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) Council, former general secretary of the Trades Union Congress
Sir Patrick Bateson, scientist and president of the Zoological Society of London
Billy Bragg, singer-songwriter and left-wing activist.
Simon Cowell, senior English reality television judge, entrepreneur, philanthropist, film, record, and television producer
Sir Iain Chalmers, health services researcher and co-founder of the Cochrane Collaboration
Sir Cyril Chantler, formerly Chairman of The King's Fund and the UCL Partners academic health science network
Noam Chomsky, intellectual and academic at MIT
Jeremy Clarkson, television personality.
Garth Crooks, former professional footballer.
Ara Darzi, Baron Darzi, FRS, professor of surgery
Sir Ian Diamond, Principal and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Aberdeen
Tracey Emin, artist and nominee of the Turner Prize
Michael Eavis, dairy farmer and the founder of the Glastonbury Festival
Neil Faulkner, historian and archaeologist
Stephanie Flanders, J.P. Morgan Asset Management market strategist, former BBC economics editor
Lawrence Freedman, Emeritus Professor of War Studies at King's College London
Bob Geldof, musician and campaigner
Eva Herzigová, supermodel
Sheila Hollins, Baroness Hollins, president of the College of Occupational Therapists and former president of the British Medical Association
Simon Johnson, former chief economist of the International Monetary Fund
Owen Jones, writer, columnist and political activist
Garry Kasparov, chess grandmaster & political activist
Peter Kendall, farmer and former President of the National Farmers' Union
Paul Krugman, economist.
Houzan Mahmoud, Kurdish activist
Michael Mansfield, barrister and political activist
Sir Ian McKellen, actor
David Mitchell, comedian, actor, and writer
Michael Morpurgo, author.
Professor Bruce Campbell, non-executive director at the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency.
Elaine Murphy, Baroness Murphy, professor of psychiatry
Richard Murphy, economist and tax campaigner
Sir Paul Nurse, scientist and Nobel laureate
Ann Pettifor, economist
Thomas Piketty, economist
Clémence Poésy, actress and fashion model.
Vicky Pryce, economist
Sigrid Rausing, philanthropist.
Dani Rodrik, economics professor at Harvard.
Gruff Rhys, musician
June Sarpong, television presenter and broadcaster
The Most Revd and Rt Hon Dr John Sentamu, Archbishop of York
Sandie Shaw, Eurovision Song Contest winner
Kate Smurthwaite, comedian
Rt Rev Alan Smith, Bishop of St Albans and Lord Spiritual
Sir Tom Stoppard, play-writer
Dame Janet Suzman, actress, also supported In in the 1975 referendum
Martin Temple, Chairman of the Design Council.
Emma Thompson, actress
Sir Richard Thompson, former president of the Royal College of Physicians
Wolfgang Tillmans, artist & photographer. Winner of the 2000 Turner Prize
Steve Turner, trade unionist
Björn Ulvaeus, musical producer, singer & song-writer
Sir Simon Wessely, president of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
Zoe Williams, journalist and writer
Robert Winston, Baron Winston, scientist.

Leave
Vice Admiral Sir Jeremy Blackham, Royal Navy officer
Roger Bootle, economist
Sir Ian Botham, cricketer
Sir Michael Caine, actor
Bryan Adams, Musician
Noel Gallagher, British Rock Musician
Duncan Bannatyne, British Businessman
Sol Campbell, former professional footballer.
Dia Chakravarty, activist
Dame Joan Collins, actress
Pat Condell, writer
Piers Corbyn, owner of WeatherAction and brother of Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn
Major General Tim Cross, British Army officer
Janet Daley, journalist
Roger Daltrey, musician.
James Delingpole,
Martin Durkin, television director.
Gillian Duffy, the Rochdale voter who Gordon Brown infamously insulted during the 2010 election campaign (Bigotgate).
Sir Richard Dearlove, former head of MI6
Matthew Elliott, founder of the TaxPayers' Alliance and Big Brother Watch
Julian Fellowes (Lord Fellowes), actor, novelist, film director and screenwriter
Frederick Forsyth, novelist
Claire Fox, writer and broadcaster
Edward Fox, actor
The Rev. Giles Fraser, priest of the Church of England, and journalist
Julia Hartley-Brewer; broadcaster and journalist
Rear Admiral Richard Heaslip, Royal Navy officer
Simon Heffer, journalist
Steve Hilton, former adviser to David Cameron.
Peter Hitchens, journalist
Katie Hopkins, TV personality and newspaper columnist
Elizabeth Hurley, actress and model
David Icke, conspiracy theorist
Jill Kirby, writer
Rear Admiral Roger Lane-Nott, Royal Navy officer
Ruth Lea, economist & former head of policy at the Institute of Directors.
Mark Littlewood, Director General of the Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA) and former chief press spokesman for the Liberal Democrats and the Pro Euro Conservative Party.
Gerard Lyons, economist.
Kelvin MacKenzie, journalist.
Patrick Minford, economist
Dreda Say Mitchell, black novelist, broadcaster and journalist.
Brian Monteith, public relations consultant and commentator
Tim Montgomerie, blogger, columnist of The Times and creator of ConservativeHome.
Charles Moore, journalist
Isabel Oakeshott, political journalist and author, and co-writer of Call Me Dave
Melanie Phillips, journalist.
Matt Ridley, journalist
Lieutenant-General Jonathon Riley, British Army officer and military historian
General Sir Michael Rose, British Army officer
Arthur Scargill, trade unionist.
Merryn Somerset Webb, editor
Julian Thompson, former Major General in the Royal Marines.
Tom Utley, journalist
Major General Nick Vaux Royal Marine officer
Irvine Welsh, author.
Tim Worstall, writer and senior fellow of the Adam Smith Institute

(source: Wikipedia)

You'll notice in the first list there are several senior NHS executives and a long list of highly educated professionals.

In the second list, well.. The majority are military related or just journalists.

Stephen Hawking has just announced his support for the EU adding to the list of intellectuals who want to remain and he summed things up quite nicely in a recent article:

quote:

“Gone are the days when we could stand on our own, against the world,” he said on the television breakfast show. “We need to be part of a larger group of nations, both for our security and our trade. The possibility of our leaving the EU has already led to a sharp fall in the pound, because the markets judge that it will damage our economy.”

Hawking also addressed the biggest concern of many: immigration.

“There are two obvious reasons why we should stay in. The first is that it promotes the mobility of people. Students can come here from EU countries to study, and our students can go to other EU universities. More importantly, at the level of research, the exchange of people enables skills to transfer more quickly, and brings new people with different ideas, derived from their different backgrounds,” he said.

Ian
Site Administrator

31st May 16 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the stuff the EU does for us - with our money - most of which it keeps.
3CorsaMeal

31st May 16 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remain are all the people with houses abroad and whose wages come from public money.

Leave seems to be people in the real world who aren't just concerned about their own wallet
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 16 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remain = mainly students that are all worried about their mobile roaming data charges increasing for their annual piss up in a spanish resort

Basically it will cost them more to attention whore on facebook.

[Edited on 31-05-2016 by Steve]
Ellis

31st May 16 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to side with you Davey.

If you look at the figures, EU migrants are actually a net contributor to the UK economy. The real problem with benefits etc. comes from our own home-grown scum.

I don't think the EU is wonderful and unflawed however. Net migration needs to be reduced/controlled IMO, we need some level of control who can enter the UK and conversely, who cannot. Uncontrolled movement of people is unsustainable in the long term if we strive for a high wage economy.

I, and so many others in the energy industry, often work elsewhere in Europe for short periods. That could become an absolute ball ache if we left the EU.

Any mention of refugees in the EU referendum campaign is null and void.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay? 24 database queries in 0.1282640 seconds