corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay?

Poll: EU exit or stay?
LEAVE 65 (63.11%)
STAY 38 (36.89%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU exit or stay?
Ellis

User status: Offline
17th Mar 16 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with you on that one Davey
Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
neither side can prove what will happen in the future

Which is actually an argument to leave because if neither side can predict the future it boils straight down to plain old democracy.

That doesn't provide any weight to either campaign but yes, it does come down to democracy which is great. It is not imposed, the country collectively decides peacefully.

There are positives and negatives as always and the outcomes of either route are unclear, much like our Independence Referendum. If the outcomes were clearer then I imagine the polls would be skewed to one side rather than consistently hovering around 50/50.

Turnout will be interesting for this referendum, the Scottish IndyRef had nearly 85%. I guess EU will get a similar amount, maybe even more.

Better the Devil you know..

If you had asked me to vote 15 years ago should we stay or go, I'd definitely say go but now we're balls deep in the EU and there are so many EU laws and legislations that protect the average Joe that leaving would mean the government/law makers could pick and choose which to keep.

Most of us have benefited from being part of the EU, the one and ONLY logically reason to leave that is being pedalled is the Immigration issue, it seems absolutely barmy to potentially devastate our economy because of a problem that is basically blown out of proportion by the media.

What about the billions we are putting into the EU coffers? What do we gain from that? Yes I know a portion of that comes back in subsidies, but we are still paying millions more than what we get back to essentially prop up the failing economies of other countries, and in mitigating that risk

I would also say a lot of EU law adds red tape to a lot of jobs that could otherwise be streamlined more efficiently. We aren't suddenly going to start readopting slavery now are we if we left.

[Edited on 17-03-2016 by Steve]
DaveyLC

17th Mar 16 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, you've got the life experience of a small rodent and have no doubt only just recently stopped breast feeding..

I'm not even going to waste my time arguing with the views of a spoiled child.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Mar 16 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has got a point, we contribute more than comes back.
DaveyLC

17th Mar 16 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because we're a wealthy member.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Mar 16 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which would be a reason to leave would it not? Unless philanthropy is compatible with poverty?
DaveyLC

17th Mar 16 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Which would be a reason to leave would it not? Unless philanthropy is compatible with poverty?

Not when being a member of the club brings in lots of revenue via trade..
Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just like Switzerland then, that does more trade than us, yet isn't in the EU.

We would still be part of EFTA davey

DaveyLC

17th Mar 16 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Switzerland is a TAX haven
DaveyLC

17th Mar 16 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and look at the cost of living!
Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A tax haven is a bad thing?

I'm assuming the cost of living is relative to income too.

This also has nothing to do with being in the EU or not other than highlighting how that country is benefiting from making its own laws

DaveyLC

17th Mar 16 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do some research..

Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you seem to have, why dont you save me the hassle and enlighten us all with your facts
Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can we also hear your views on how Norway is also getting on not being in the EU (But is part of EFTA)
DaveyLC

17th Mar 16 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have large Oil Reserves, it made no sense for them to be in..
Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh awesome, so as we have access to North Sea oil finally you can concede it also makes no sense for us either.

Additionally, how about Iceland
Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or Canada? the list could go on, is the cost of living for all of these obscene? must be horrendous for them, so glad we're in the EU
DaveyLC

17th Mar 16 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Other than immigration and your perceived cost of us being a member what are the other real-world reasons for leaving?
Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think those are fairly large arguments for leaving.

I don't have a problem with the idea of the EU, but I think it doesn't work for island countries. For the main bloc of Europe fine. Open borders on an island that offers quite a few more tasty incentives of those around it and a penchant for left wing liberalism is a recipe for disaster.

3CorsaMeal

17th Mar 16 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we should be strong and independent and take the empire back.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Mar 16 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Not when being a member of the club brings in lots of revenue via trade..

The club brings in trade - but being a member is not requisite.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Mar 16 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also can we stop talking about Switzerland, Norway and Canada, none of those countries are comparable to the UK.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because they aren't in the eu and overrun by eastern Europeans

Nothing against them btw I'm in charge of one and he's sound but even he says he knows loads that are just on benefit holidays he hates them as much as me who can blame them though. Being in the eu has made it easy.

As someone who has been through the process he thinks the whole lot is a joke.

Ian
Site Administrator

17th Mar 16 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The UK is not overrun, don't be such a fucking Tory.

Even with your friend on board the argument on the grounds on immigration is very weak.

I know loads who contribute so that moots your one single anecdote.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if they all contribute the infrastructure simply cannot handle the extra numbers.

Mrs patients in for kids is close to 50% foreign nationals I realise demographics plays a part here though

Every other person in Hereford is speaking Russian. Overrun is an exaggeration but there are a great deal here. Look at the new ni numbers stats

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay? 24 database queries in 0.1066151 seconds