corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay?

Poll: EU exit or stay?
LEAVE 65 (63.11%)
STAY 38 (36.89%)

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU exit or stay?
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st May 16 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem isn't the money its the sheer numbers, doesn't matter how much they are adding when you can't see a dr for 3 weeks because of the sheer weight of numbers.

Running out of room for roads, houses, schools etc etc
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 16 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.facebook.com/leaveeuofficial/videos/946139178817657/
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 16 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw one guy made a post waffling something about Europe wouldn't want to trade with us because it would be like a marriage break up whereby they wouldn't out of spite.

Lots of (student type) people liked that. Utter morons.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st May 16 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Running out of room for roads, houses, schools etc etc

That's as much the fault of the British as anyone else, roads are fucked and its not migrants driving.
Ian
Site Administrator

31st May 16 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it doesn't, look out the window next time you're on a motorway.
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 16 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See previous post re. numbers of foreigners my missus deals with on a weekly basis. Roughly half. Same in Worcester now she has moved to this hospital, so not necessarily demographic.

Road are just one example, and when I'm stuck behind a lorry on my way home, most times than not its a foreign one.

[Edited on 31-05-2016 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 16 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are also aware of the percentage of numbers that are taking advantage of hospital services here also?

Basically having a child here, then buggering back off to their country

Observations from the front line, not behind the computer.

Ian
Site Administrator

31st May 16 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
most times than not its a foreign one.

My experience (also not a computer) is the opposite.
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 16 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How are you voting anyway
3CorsaMeal

31st May 16 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sending child benefits back to their country, so basically we are going to work, earning money, giving quite a chunk of that to the government to support our country, they give it to foreign people who then send it out of the country.

I'd much rather us be a little island on our own. Am sure we will make it work.
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 16 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is absolutely no chance that we will eave anyway, far too many student types and left apologists in this country
Ian
Site Administrator

31st May 16 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How are you voting anyway

Leave - I think the arguments to stay based on the EU doing stuff are bunkum, of course they're doing stuff, we're paying them lots of money for the privilege.

Ditto all the laws that they have made to save us from plague and certain hardship, surely just make them yourself in the UK? And not bothered if the Tories won't, the democratic process is bigger than that.

Not even convinced by the trade thing, this is a mutual thing and it is in both the EU and the UK's interest to trade with each other. The suggestion that the EU will impose massive tariffs while also insisting that they can continue to export to the UK doesn't really compute for me.

In fact if anything the weaker pound will help.

[Edited on 31-05-2016 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

31st May 16 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There is absolutely no chance that we will eave anyway, far too many student types and left apologists in this country

This
3CorsaMeal

31st May 16 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like how Barack Obama says us leaving the EU will make it harder for us to deal with the EU and the US.

The US isn't in the EU and they have this trade, am sure people will still want our stuff and we will want theirs, if they don't sell us anything then maybe we will have to start making it in the UK = more jobs, more taxes and made in ENGLAND
3CorsaMeal

31st May 16 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only talked to one person that wants to stay, everyone at work is a leave, my mum and dad are leave, and thats all the people i know
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 16 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely Ian can hack the voting DB to swing it.

Use psexec or something
3CorsaMeal

31st May 16 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If we leave, does it mean we don't have to play in the Euro football competitions, that'll save us some embarrassment, can concentrate more on practising football
Jimbothebarbarian

31st May 16 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Genuine question.

If we vote to leave what happens to all the eastern Europeans that are here?
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 16 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suspect most will stay. Especially if they have registered british citizen
DaveyLC

31st May 16 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Especially if they have registered british citizen

Really steve..Really????
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 16 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, don't see the problem. Polish guy at work has become naturalised as a British Citizen
MoesTavern

31st May 16 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think either side has done themselves any favours in this debate, it's been pretty embarrassing all round.

Ridiculous scaremongering on one side, and thinly veiled racism and xenophobia on the other.

If I was going to vote on this (I'm not) it would be to stay, if only because independent bodies like the IMF recommend it.
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 16 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The IMF don't know, they are still using the same "could happen" arguments as everyone else.

Not to mention they are based in America. The same America that is bizarrely trying to tell us how to vote.
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 16 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to mention its been reported the IMF have been consistently wrong in the past.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36024492

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/eu-referendum-why-the-economic-consensus-on-brexit-is-flawed-a7057306.html

DaveyLC

31st May 16 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes, don't see the problem. Polish guy at work has become naturalised as a British Citizen

My point is its not like you rock up to the UK and pop into the post office for an application form..

You need to have been a PERMENANT resident for the last 5 years, you must have no serious criminal record and you must be able to prove you are going to continue to live here (family, career etc.)..

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay? 24 database queries in 0.1900361 seconds