corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay?

Poll: EU exit or stay?
LEAVE 65 (63.11%)
STAY 38 (36.89%)

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU exit or stay?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 16 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can we talk about Vnuk please
3CorsaMeal

2nd Jun 16 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, accidents happen, why can't any have a accident these days without needing money to make things better.

Its like people who got molested in the 70's, wait 30yrs until the accuser is dead and then kick off, all for some money as justice can't be done.

Greedy cunts
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Jun 16 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can we talk about the Vnuk EU ruling which looks to be amending our own Road Traffic Act to include the requirement for unlimited indemnity cover for all self-propelled vehicles being used anywhere.
3CorsaMeal

2nd Jun 16 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, i just googled it and was bought about by a farmer hitting a guy on a ladder and the ladder man needed some money from the farmer to make him better.
sc0ott

2nd Jun 16 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any damage to the ladder?
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Jun 16 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ladder was fine but motorsport, track days, quad biking on a field and driving a fork lift truck around your yard won't be.
sc0ott

2nd Jun 16 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't affect me but I'll add it to my list of reasons for wanting to leave.
whitter45

3rd Jun 16 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must admit I haven’t taken too much notice of either campaign and the facts/non facts they state as I just see middle class men and women (politicians) see it as an opportunity to take chunks out of each other and for Boris it’s a great platform to promote his campaign for PM

However, based on my limited knowledge my impression is both campaigns have positives and negatives

If we look at the stay campaign their biggest driver is trade policy which can only be a good thing to have access to 500M+ people to trade across Europe. If not surely companies will move to a country that has this access to trade

For the exit campaign Border control seems to be a big element which again in my opinion is only a positive move - we have over 1/3M people immigrating into the UK each year and our services can't maintain our current population - hold them back sort of services out then have a scoring matrix for access

What I see is, the government had to promise a referendum to maintain power. What should have happened is all parties but their bollocks view to one side, ask People of Britain what they want the country to look like for the next 30+years and taken that to the EU to negotiate new terms, laws and legislation

For me, whatever the outcome there are no real winners

Also what is more worrying is we appear to live in the UK bubble - I have been working through Europe all year and all the EU countries are watching this very closely because they see what’s coming;

each EU country will see their people wanting a similar vote - so if we stay and then a big power in the EU has the same vote and leaves that will be the start of a EU breakdown and so whatever campaigns we have backed using the fact/non fact statements will become irrelevant

We should have come together at a political level, involved the people and gone to the EU to negotiate

Yes I know the PM was meant to have done that and came back with a few points but to me it was nowhere near good enough – but a referendum is not the answer
sc0ott

3rd Jun 16 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

David Cameron promised to crack down on immigration but he didn't. Now he's giving the same bullshit excuses as part of his remain campaign.
And as for the trade policy, i think it's all just scaremongering. If uk left we'll still have access to it plus more countries and we won't have the eu raping uk business.
The eu shafts Cameron and he takes it like a bitch. The eu decides how the uk is run, not the PM.

Who even knows the members of the eu and what they do? You'd think you would hear more from the real people who manage our country.

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd Jun 16 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no one seems to mention TTIP
DaveyLC

3rd Jun 16 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
David Cameron promised to crack down on immigration but he didn't. Now he's giving the same bullshit excuses as part of his remain campaign.
And as for the trade policy, i think it's all just scaremongering. If uk left we'll still have access to it plus more countries and we won't have the eu raping uk business.
The eu shafts Cameron and he takes it like a bitch. The eu decides how the uk is run, not the PM.

Who even knows the members of the eu and what they do? You'd think you would hear more from the real people who manage our country.

Have you been living under a rock? The immigration rules were reformed this year mainly for non-EU migrants! EU freedom of movement rules cant be challenged BUT its not as simple as just rocking up and claiming benefit like most would lead you to believe, also EU migrants have their healthcare etc. paid for while they are still citizens of member states, its only if they want to neutralise their citizenship do they become an expense on our welfare state.
sc0ott

3rd Jun 16 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So are you saying our pm delivered on what he promised by reducing the amount of immigration?
DaveyLC

3rd Jun 16 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, the immigration that we can control has been reduced.. He never promised to control movement from the EU because he cant do that.. That would be like me promising to make 3CM intelligent.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jun 16 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So he has achieved mass migration of < 100,000 then?
willay
Premium Member

3rd Jun 16 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott

Have you been living under a rock? The immigration rules were reformed this year mainly for non-EU migrants! EU freedom of movement rules cant be challenged BUT its not as simple as just rocking up and claiming benefit like most would lead you to believe, also EU migrants have their healthcare etc. paid for while they are still citizens of member states, its only if they want to neutralise their citizenship do they become an expense on our welfare state.

are you sure davey? I thought he asked for controls over benefits and the like for EU migrants, so they must be here/work for x number of years until they get anything.
DaveyLC

3rd Jun 16 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45

For the exit campaign Border control seems to be a big element which again in my opinion is only a positive move - we have over 1/3M people immigrating into the UK each year and our services can't maintain our current population - hold them back sort of services out then have a scoring matrix for access

The argument has no weight though; We can already freely control non-EU immigration.

As for immigration from EU member states our public services actually employ quite a large proportion of EU migrants (4% of nurses and 10% of doctors are citizens of other EU member states).

Also if you are a citizen of another member state your own state will/should foot the bill for any healthcare.

Economic migrants and refugees from non-EU states are where the problem lies and being a member of the EU is completely irrelevant to this.
sc0ott

3rd Jun 16 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not from what I've gathered and I'm pretty sure the general public all have access to the same sources which state otherwise. Response to the figures.

[Edited on 03-06-2016 by sc0ott]
DaveyLC

3rd Jun 16 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The official figures up to the end of 2015 show net migration tailing off, mainly driven by a decline in non-eu immigration (Due to the new legislation).

Non-EU immigration: 277,000
EU Immigration 270,000

Re-posting the un-founded BOLLOCKS that is being pedalled by the out campaign really isn't helping matters.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jun 16 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But he said he was aiming below 100,000

We are still way off that, and I dont even think that number is achievable while being in EU

[Edited on 03-06-2016 by Steve]
sc0ott

3rd Jun 16 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, clearly below 100,000.
willay
Premium Member

3rd Jun 16 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

We are still way off that, and I dont even think that number is achievable while being in EU

Under 100k while in the EU is impossible if you are counting EU migrants, freedom to roam/travel/whatever is one of the core basics of being in the EU. End of story.
DaveyLC

3rd Jun 16 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

That's NET migration: Which was at 188,000 end of last year..

Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jun 16 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wrong, thats just EU net. He was referring to total Net Migration in his promise, this would mean total EU net migration would need to be roughly half that to meet that promise

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/statistics-net-migration-statistics

quote:
The latest net migration statistics show that in the year ending December 2015, net migration to the UK was 333,000.

sc0ott

3rd Jun 16 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So has he delivered on his promise?
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jun 16 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually not half, would need to be a lot more than half

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay? 24 database queries in 0.1006649 seconds