corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay?

Poll: EU exit or stay?
LEAVE 65 (63.11%)
STAY 38 (36.89%)

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU exit or stay?
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Jun 16 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by RichR
People still don't understand the difference between the movement of goods that we have now and a trade agreement; they're two totally different things. I ship out to every continent (incl. Antarctica) and it is so easy into the EU but the exception within the boundaries of Europe are Switzerland, Norway and Turkey which are all (in descending order) significantly more costly, difficult and slower to work with.

People are clueless as to what actually goes on Rich.

Head down to any of the major air or sea ports and you'll see billions of pounds worth of goods being received, only a fraction of this is for the UK market, most of it is being handled, custom cleared and re-exported into the EU, this market is worth billions to the UK.

Norway and Switzerland et al, must be really struggling at the moment without access to these services. They are really missing a trick, surely they must be desperate to join.

[Edited on 08-06-2016 by Steve]
Nic Barnes

8th Jun 16 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to buy and sell all over the world in my previous job, it really wasn't any harder outside the eu.
RichR
Premium Member

8th Jun 16 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If 150-250 parcels and pallets quantifies as 'a few' a day then yes.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

8th Jun 16 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
If 150-250 parcels and pallets quantifies as 'a few' a day then yes.

fair play thats not a bad amount, at the time we were averaging 100 a day but I never really looked into the split of domestic/international and EU/NON-EU so can't comment on that but we had our fair share, once you have your procedures in place for a certain country/area of the world its childsplay.
DaveyLC

8th Jun 16 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i used to buy and sell all over the world in my previous job, it really wasn't any harder outside the eu.

The issue are Duties and Import Tariffs Nic.. Once you add those to our exports products from the UK are not competitive.

The majority of UK exports DO NOT come from UK businesses, these businesses CAN and WILL move elsewhere.
Ellis

8th Jun 16 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently at work, I required a piece of equipment which I found available in Holland and Norway; the better option was from Norway. Had to select the Holland option as it wasn't feasible cost wise from Norway.

Although I could apply for inward processing relief, the duration of hire went beyond temporary admission and we would have been liable for in excess of £50,000 upon return.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

8th Jun 16 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

The issue are Duties and Import Tariffs Nic.. Once you add those to our exports products from the UK are not competitive.

The majority of UK exports DO NOT come from UK businesses, these businesses CAN and WILL move elsewhere.

Yes, we leave the EU and there *could* be more duties and import tax, I think they said up to 10% which isn't exactly ball breaking (but who knows it could be up to 2000% if you believe most of you) - but surely this could spur competition, goods could be produced in this country and sold to this country for cheaper because there isn't a bunch of tax attracted to it.
Ellis

8th Jun 16 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10% isn't ball breaking?

It might not be to you when you buy small personal things from other countries but, for a large organization importing/exporting vast quantities of high value goods, that could price you out of a market.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 16 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The markets will adapt, as they always have done.

There hasn't always been an EU. There are also other countries that aren't in the EU, that are also doing as well, if not better.

The EU isn't the only market we can trade with either.

So it can be done.

[Edited on 08-06-2016 by Steve]
RichR
Premium Member

8th Jun 16 at 09:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me the problem isn't tax/duties; its is the extra time that it takes to ship through customs-standard is 3 days longer for goods into Switzerland and Norway compared with the rest of the EU, most are 1-2 day delivery maximum; Norway/Switzerland are 4-5 days.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jun 16 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may consider this implausible but what if we left and:

Arranged a trade deal with Norway to reduce the cost to import from them (assuming that's your barrier just now?)

Or even better, assuming you're talking about manufactured machinery, the UK took its competitive advantage against Norway and now also Holland and made whatever you needed locally.

Holland that day for that reason sounds the best route but the above two situations are not complete fiction.

You never know, when the Scots get out next time they might join Scandinavia and you'll have none of those problems.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 16 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Farage talks a lot of shit, but his point here is quite pertinent to the issues raised this morning

https://www.facebook.com/leaveeuofficial/videos/966357080129200/
3CorsaMeal

8th Jun 16 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I liked how cameron said lastnight, the reason the UK attracts so many immigrants is becuase our economy is the strongest and bestest in the EU.

Shooting yourself in the foot comes to mind.
JM_16v

8th Jun 16 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
bestest

Shooting yourself in the foot comes to mind.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 16 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U won fuck with me
3CorsaMeal

8th Jun 16 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone up for wanking in an old tree?
Rob_Quads

8th Jun 16 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those that state Norway seem to be doing well. You do realise a) they have bucket loads of oil we don't and b) per person they pay more into the EU than we do and have no say what goes on within the EU.
3CorsaMeal

8th Jun 16 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think i am still deciding. From looking at the eu budget info and contributions i can see the EU would be a bit scuppered if we leave. Not saying they would be doomed but would take a lot of number shuffling. But i guess they save all the money they won't need to give us.

Didn't realise they take money from our income taxes and also vat we pay on things. Think they also pilfer money from other things i don't understand.

I just end up wondering why we are so great and end up having to prop up other countries, where did it all go wrong for them? Like greece, they all spend money to go bust almost on purpose.

We all have to earn money, i feel bad enough we have to pay for the dole scroungers/cheats. People that get a sore toe and get signed off work, or they are so fat they can't work due to their health. It's not even the money i care about, its when you see fat slobs claiming benefits and also moaning about life and the world. They shouldn't get a say in the EU, they can't even understand how food works
DaveyLC

9th Jun 16 at 05:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

Didn't realise they take money from our income taxes and also vat we pay on things. Think they also pilfer money from other things i don't understand.

I'm not sure if your revelation is genuine or you are trolling?

Where DID you think the money comes from?
3CorsaMeal

9th Jun 16 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought they would come out of our taxes, but not the VAT on stuff we buy, think of the pikey countries that don't spend much, just because we earn money and buy things, we have to give away a percentage of money.

Its basically the dole system extended out of the country, people are taking us for mugs, good old UK, they will pay for anything.

DaveyLC

9th Jun 16 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VAT is a Tax.. It all goes into the treasury
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 16 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think when we leave the EU my willy will get larger
3CorsaMeal

9th Jun 16 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got an inny or an outy?
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 16 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gonna cunt u up
3CorsaMeal

9th Jun 16 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wot? I'll jihadi kick you if you carry on like that

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay? 24 database queries in 0.0169740 seconds