corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay?

Poll: EU exit or stay?
LEAVE 65 (63.11%)
STAY 38 (36.89%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU exit or stay?
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Mar 16 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like propaganda to me
Ben G

12th Mar 16 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything is propaganda, depending on which side of the fence you're on.
3CorsaMeal

12th Mar 16 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They all go on about the economy and how will we go into recession again or whatever it all was.

I can honestly say. I didn't notice a thing. I'm not a cs portfolio holder either.

Double dip recession. Worst since such and such a year. Righto
Graeme
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stay!

For me I deal with alot of agricultural companies. If we leave they will find it harder to trade and potentially not use me.

Also think it will cost more for things like going on holidays to Europe. Do we need a visa? What about medical care in the eu?

There is a lot of good and bad for both sides but I don't see why we would need to leave?
Steve
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
If we leave they will find it harder to trade and potentially not use me.

Why do you think that? I think you are just listening to the scare mongering. Chances are trade deals would be set up and not a lot would change. It would be in all countries interests for this to happen.

[Edited on 16-03-2016 by Steve]
Ellis

16th Mar 16 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

Why do you think that? I think you are just listening to the scare mongering. Chances are trade deals would be set up and not a lot would change. It would be in all countries interests for this to happen.

Chances are?

The exit campaign will need whole lot more certainty than that to convince the pro-EU camp.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its not really chances are, because the lisbon treaty dictates nothing trade wise can change within 2 years anyway

Ellis

16th Mar 16 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well its not really chances are, because the lisbon treaty dictates nothing trade wise can change within 2 years anyway

What happens then? Do we rejoin the EU?
Steve
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you honestly think that countries are just going to stop trading with us or make it more difficult, don't be absurd, look at Switzerland, they aren't in EU but are still part of the free trade agreement that we are currently.

quote:
Switzerland is a member of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), and took part in negotiating the European Economic Area (EEA) agreement with the European Union. It signed the agreement on 2 May 1992, and submitted an application for accession to the EU on 20 May 1992.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fact Switzerland is the 3rd largest trading partner of Europe

quote:
It is the EU's third largest economic partner (trade in goods and services taken together), after the US and China

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-14-100_en.htm

Not bad for a country that isn't part of the EU.

So no trade will not be affected at all, and may even improve.

Ellis

16th Mar 16 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I certainly didn't say, or do I think that countries would stop trading with the UK.

This just feels like the Scotland IndyRef all over again, neither side can prove what will happen in the future so you end up with a 25 page thread that achieves the square root of fuck all.

Putting that to one side, those voting to exit, what does everyone feel would improve upon leaving the EU for them at a personal level?
Steve
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully a reduced population or at least a reduced future risk, less over crowding better access to services, and less money spent supporting those on benefit holidays
Jimbothebarbarian

16th Mar 16 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Less eastern Europeans at work would be nice. Background chit chat in the canteen being spoken in English.

Would be wonderful if you didn't have to miss out the recruitment process and pull favours to get your British mates cv looked at because the eastern Europeans control of the early stages mean they'd get fired into the bin.

Just on a personal level.
whitter45

16th Mar 16 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
Less eastern Europeans at work would be nice. Background chit chat in the canteen being spoken in English.

Whilst I agree you are assuming we have people in the UK who want to do those jobs.

From my limited exposure to this, the perception i have is we have a large population on benefits who see these jobs beneath them to do but happy for tax payers to fund their lifestyle. So who will do these jobs
Jimbothebarbarian

16th Mar 16 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian

Whilst I agree you are assuming we have people in the UK who want to do those jobs.

From my limited exposure to this, the perception i have is we have a large population on benefits who see these jobs beneath them to do but happy for tax payers to fund their lifestyle. So who will do these jobs

It appears you assume the jobs are minimum wage tat, alas the jobs in question are some of the best paid in the area and are for the largest company in the world for this particular thing. Now I agree with some of what you say. I'm not talking hacking cabbages out of a field somewhere.

In many companies our friends have a bit of a monopoly on HR departments. As jobs are so sought after in many of the largest manufacturing companies around here the main ones have farmed out the initial recruitment process to agencies all of which are ran by our eastern cousins. This "appears" to result in a distinct lack of home grown talent being put forward for the final in house selection process.

I personally have been turned down flat for not being of a certain nationality, in a quite blatant fashion I might add. Personal experience only of course.
Graeme
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I'm looking into it. Not hearing from so called scaremongering.

The price we get screwed for machinery in this country is amazing. The cost of shipping to this country is really expensive. Potentially costing more.

Meaning the profit margins won't be as high and using my services. Plus farmers get a subsidy from Europe at the moment. Company to company deals can and will change. Nothing any agreements can do about that.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a European company finds your service valuable which I assume they do else they would already be elsewhere. Why would they make trading with your more difficult and make themselves a less attractive proposition.

Does it look like those countries not part of the EU but part of the efta are struggling? Here's a clue. At least one of them trades more than the uk with the eu

Steve
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the way. That subsidy is just taken from the money that we already pay Europe in the first place and just gets directed back in.

We would be free to spend that money how we please

Graeme
Premium Member

16th Mar 16 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I deal with U.K. Companies that buy from European countries.

They currently get back more than they pay In so how will that be better?
3CorsaMeal

16th Mar 16 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will it affect Ojc? . Might have to start getting chinese import paint brushes and non tuv approved step ladders
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
17th Mar 16 at 01:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
neither side can prove what will happen in the future

Which is actually an argument to leave because if neither side can predict the future it boils straight down to plain old democracy.
DaveyLC

17th Mar 16 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Although I think we will stay, far too many pacifists with their heads in the clouds in this country

I think its the other way around, there are too many people who are blinded by the 'immigration issue' to realise that leaving at this stage would be stupid.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 16 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's hoping
Ellis

17th Mar 16 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Which is actually an argument to leave because if neither side can predict the future it boils straight down to plain old democracy.

That doesn't provide any weight to either campaign but yes, it does come down to democracy which is great. It is not imposed, the country collectively decides peacefully.

There are positives and negatives as always and the outcomes of either route are unclear, much like our Independence Referendum. If the outcomes were clearer then I imagine the polls would be skewed to one side rather than consistently hovering around 50/50.

Turnout will be interesting for this referendum, the Scottish IndyRef had nearly 85%. I guess EU will get a similar amount, maybe even more.
DaveyLC

17th Mar 16 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

That doesn't provide any weight to either campaign but yes, it does come down to democracy which is great. It is not imposed, the country collectively decides peacefully.

There are positives and negatives as always and the outcomes of either route are unclear, much like our Independence Referendum. If the outcomes were clearer then I imagine the polls would be skewed to one side rather than consistently hovering around 50/50.

Turnout will be interesting for this referendum, the Scottish IndyRef had nearly 85%. I guess EU will get a similar amount, maybe even more.

Better the Devil you know..

If you had asked me to vote 15 years ago should we stay or go, I'd definitely say go but now we're balls deep in the EU and there are so many EU laws and legislations that protect the average Joe that leaving would mean the government/law makers could pick and choose which to keep.

Most of us have benefited from being part of the EU, the one and ONLY logically reason to leave that is being pedalled is the Immigration issue, it seems absolutely barmy to potentially devastate our economy because of a problem that is basically blown out of proportion by the media.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay? 24 database queries in 0.1048598 seconds