corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing.

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing.
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Dec 09 at 03:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really buy anything from there for others really, get plenty of mates asking for discount or stuff on the cheap but can't be bothered with the hassle of it all really.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Corsa_Scotty

29th Dec 09 at 03:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah me either i just keep it all for myself but i just wish you could get more decent stuff on the shelves instead of chavvy sidelights that keep getting nicked
Adam C
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 04:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I say the same mate, not really that fussed now as I should be leaving early to mid 2010, been a good job to me whilst its been here, but with a ban on extra hours in our store Im screwed so getting out asap

Adam C
Premium Member

30th Dec 09 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE 30/12/09

Well spent all this evening servicing the car, some bits easy, some hard but got it done in the end.
During spark plug change, went for some Iridiums.

Broke another hose clip on the cross over pipe used one of the clips from the power pipe as the pipe is proper wedged on, good thing I ordered those new clips off ebay.
During oil change:

Oil filter didn't go to plan, was like it was welded on, but got it off after loads of swearing.

Managed to paint one caliper blue and the back of the pad black as I had run out of time, but came out pretty well.

Will do the rest tomorrow.

But for now its all back together and running, and drives amazing really has tranformed the car, no more hesitation and pulls alot better, so overall very chuffed

Corsa_Scotty

31st Dec 09 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff mate
Mark.W

31st Dec 09 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate.

Adam C
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 01:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, was more a pain in the arse than expected but worth it with how it drives.

Will finish the brakes tomorrow, then the place Im getting my wheels done should be open on Monday so all going to plan the wheels should be done fairly soon

ShEp

31st Dec 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iridiums make a difference

Looking good mate.
Adam C
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE 31/12/09

Finished the brakes today, came out pretty well and the blue was spot on.

And a picture with the new jack, very chuffed with it

All done and back on all four

Should look great once the wheels have been refurbed, believe the company are open again in the first week of the new year so hoepfully it will be done sooner rather then later.
Then later in Jan i will be booking it in to have a new waterpump and cambelt along with the tensioners, now MOT and Tax in Feb.

Once all thats out of the way its onto modding

Corsa_Scotty

31st Dec 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you dont mind me asking how much are you paying to get your wheels refurbed? thinking of getting mine done propperly but dunno whats a reasonable price to pay
Warren G

31st Dec 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
Iridiums make a difference

Looking good mate.

do they?

i have set in my tool box.......might find there way into my gsi
Adam C
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scotty I've had 3 Qoutes, one guy I know who does a good job, seen his work in person and was very impressed with the finish, he's qouted me £120.
Another company called Wheel wizards charge £200 but have heard mixed reviews about there work.
And the 3rd guy does it for £250ish, but does the inside of the wheel too and will paint your calipers aswell.

Warren, I noticed a difference, pulls alot better and no hesitation, that could be partly due to the fact it hasn't been serviced in over a year and I did a full service, either way I did notice a difference.

Warren G

31st Dec 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what mods have been done to yours?

when i get one, with a vxr turbo, and decatted exhasut system should beable to push 260-270bhp id hope

even more with a fmic, although i alreadt have a fmic pipework, i dont think id want to fuck about, moving rads back and moving fans
Adam C
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No major mod's, just a Scorpion backbox, then K&N Panel with de-restricted box and the Iridiums if they count as a mod.
Plans for the new year are a pre-cat de-cat, Milltek resonated exhaust system, maybe a 1.9 induction set-up, larger FMIC, Hybrid or VXR Turbo, larger injectors and VXR AFM if needed and then onto a remap.
I'd be happy with anything over 240bhp and 250lb-ft torque tbh

Warren G

31st Dec 09 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easy get that

with a precat and catback, on standard turbo you will see 232bhp, mapped an zafia gsi with these mods, said it pulled much better in 5th like for over taking, and just drove much nicer

with a vxr turbo and fmic, looking at over 260bhp easy, nearer 270bhp with vxr injectors and afm

again if you wasnt so far away, id say come up and can remap your car

personaly, i dont think the vxr injectors and afm are worth it unless you are after the pulling the max bhp out of your car!

what id do...

1.9 airbox
vxr turbo
standard intercooler (just as iv been saying, dont want to modife to much)
turbo back system with decat (i can hopefuly get a cheap complete system)
and a remap and would see 265bhp+

Frosty has what you have said, plus a inlet cam and has near on 300bhp
M-IKE19

31st Dec 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got my wheels powder coated £45 per wheel thats scuffs taken out and 100 times better than paintin!
Adam C
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before I do anything major I would replace the Turbo, it still pulls well and don't have any problems with it but they can be abit shite after tuning, so would be a good investment.
With all the maintenance out of the way I should be able to get the exhaust, pre-cat and fmic etc all sorted in good time.
Was considering sending the Turbo off to be Hyrbid, as Ive seen people having problems even with the VXR Turbo fitted after tuning, like shep for example, but then again Im not really after 300bhp, like I said anything over 240bhp I'd be happy with.

Tbh I fancy a long drive might pay you a visit in 2010.

M-IKE19

31st Dec 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do u get the std z20let turbo made 2 b hybrid, wot kinda price u lookin at
M-IKE19

31st Dec 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im wnti 250ish bhp
Warren G

31st Dec 09 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get 240bhp from your standard turbo,

you can get oil mod (a bolt regal charge £25 for! normaly a £1 it would cost) lowers the oil pressure in the turbo...

if you want a price of a turbo too, let me know as i can get you a new one from work, about £500 i believe

im gonna be fitting a vxr turbo to a z20ler astra h soon, with a remap, be interesting on what he thinks of the difference!

sounds like you would prefer a best of both high torque map/high power map, nicer for every day driving, but still got that top end power

casting on standard turbos are weak, vxr ones are stronger
M-IKE19

31st Dec 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do u get the std z20let turbo made 2 b hybrid, wot kinda price u lookin at
Adam C
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a while ago I looked so may well be wrong, think it was either AET Turbo's or Turbo Technics, spotted the qoute that someone else got on another astra site, think it was just over £200 but Im not 100%.

Thanks for the advice Warren, think I will play it safe and go for a VXR Unit, Im not after anything over 300bhp so I should be safe with a VXR unit.
Later in 2010 I'd be after a VXR turbo plus fitting, fmic and fitting and a remap, If you're happy to do it warren I think i'd be happy to make the trip and pay you to do it, will let you know nearer the time

M-IKE19

31st Dec 09 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would u not b better getin the std 1 made hybrid 4 £200ish than spend £500 on a vxr 1! thought hybrid would of been better???
Adam C
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I was thinking tbh, isn't as common but I have read a few people having problems with the VXR turbo's aswell after tuning, need to do abit more research but Im in no rush.

Kevxx

31st Dec 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like all your cars, always good to see the updates, everything done correctly, slow but great progress.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing. 24 database queries in 0.0153120 seconds