corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing.
M-IKE19

User status: Offline
13th Dec 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just got mine powder coated graphite, on a black gsi tho, looks awsome but where i stay there is about 6 blue astra gsis with graphite so id go black 2 b different. i also like the black bit where the num plate is on the bottom pic!
Jamie_Hastings1

13th Dec 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black would look good with some type of detailing,blue rim or badge etc.
andys sxi
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i say anthracite, black is just to dark for me and you cant see the design of the alloys when wheels are in black so stick with anthracite

April 08 feature car
Adam C
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I thought, graphite has been done many times, but with the right shade its a safe option.

I did like gloss black, but would have to get a decent job done as I would want it to have a piano finish, but if its too dark then I would lose the design of the wheel which I don't want, blue lip was an idea but again not to sure.

I think I would get them done the same anthracite as they have on the Clio 182's and have the code for them, as Ive seen many pictures and seen them in person on a mates clio and it is a nice shade, not too dark but not too light.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
M-IKE19

13th Dec 09 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot do u think of the idea ofg the black bit where the num plate is! makes the mouth o the bumper bigger!
Adam C
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it, seen it done a few times now and looks pretty good, not sure if I would do it to mine yet but would consider it.

P1CK4D

13th Dec 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anthracite without a doubt!
Mark.W

13th Dec 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smoke grey or silver lightning if you want a change from silver.

I agree with Andy about doing the wheels black.
Adam C
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smoke Grey? Didn't think of that, cheers wooly

DannyB
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black
Adam C
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black with Blue lip and Blue Calipers? or abit too ott?

DannyB
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plain black and blue lip

or

Plain black imo
Adam C
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really can't make my mind up, have until early January to decide so its ok

Wrighty

13th Dec 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they look great in silver, why not leave em silver? black takes away the lines of some nice wheels like these. or how about a custom colour mixed up? perhaps somewhere between silver and grey
Adam C
Premium Member

13th Dec 09 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look fine in silver tbh, nothing wrong with them, but its not just about the colour I go for but the finish.

I would like it to look like it came out of the factory like it, for example alot of the Newer Renault's coming out with Anthracite wheels as standard and looks spot on IMO, just how I would want them done hence going for a Renault colour, as they are not too dark, just about right.

Mark.W

13th Dec 09 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still say smoke grey because it will still show the clean lines in the alloys

[Edited on 13-12-2009 by wooly101uk]
Adam C
Premium Member

15th Dec 09 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update 15/12/09

Well looks like the wheel refurb will have to wait, Ive been using the car for 2 and a half months now and in that time Ive had to put in 4 pints of coolant.
At first I thought it might not have been topped up in a while, but drove the car to work fine, car was cold the entire way so kept to low rev's and no boost, but came out of work and it came up with a warning for coolant level, Ive hardly driven it this month, have done a 1000 miles in it since I got the car, most of it done in first month, have done only 150miles in it this month.

Im also having to top up the coolant more regularly, after the first time I had to do it after a month, then again 3 weeks later and this time it was only 2 weeks ago I topped it up, so something isn't right.

No traces of oil in the coolant tank, did the usual check on the oil cap and no signs of any light creamy oil and isn't over-heating.

Off to the garage this week, bloody cars

.dean.

15th Dec 09 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

time for some water sillicons
Adam C
Premium Member

15th Dec 09 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im hoping its just something simple like that, can't do anything until I check it over tomorrow, I have remembered that when I was looking at the airbox cold air pipes, someones fitted the larger vectra pipes but the middle connector pipe isn't the rite one for the car, doesn't fit properly and sits on the pipe to the radiator has has slightly warped out fo shape aswell.

But also noticed that rad pipe has hose repair tape around it in the middle, and the pipe seems abit too long for the car, so will have a better look at it tomorrow.

.dean.

15th Dec 09 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rad may be dead heard of alot thats gone
Adam C
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rad may be dead? in what way do you mean, and anyway I can check?

Like I've said it reaches temperature ok and doesn't overheat, and it seems the loss of coolant hasn't happened all at once, seems to happen over the course of a month and now gradually down to a few weeks so it seems to be getting worse

.dean.

16th Dec 09 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say its leaking from sum where and the holes etting bigger, just have to find a wet spot all i can say
Adam C
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well should hopefully get a better look at it tomorrow, I think I know what hose it's going to be which is leaking but will find out tomorrow.

Can't remember exactly and can't remember where abouts I read it but did I hear you had been in an accident in the Gsi dean?

.dean.

16th Dec 09 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh its dead and gone! gona brake it in the new year
Adam C
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 00:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh What happened mate?

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden MK4 Astra Gsi - Update 17/8 PG27 Cambelt, coolant leak fixing. 24 database queries in 0.0180788 seconds