corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11)

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11)
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
30th Dec 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate

yeah easy enough depends how old your original ones are the only night mare is if the nuts are to tight to get off with a brake pipe spanner 2 of mine have been tight one of the fronts and the rear one i have left apart from that dead easy then obviously you have to bleed the braking system not a bad job really
vaux.dan

30th Dec 10 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did they cost mate?
you got a link
SRI-LEE

31st Dec 10 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Corsa-00-Goodridge-Neon-Green-Brake-Hose-Kit-/360326509361?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e5223331

£56.85

there made to order,mine took around 2 weeks to come just under

takes 7 to ten days to be made then they sends them first class recorded
Rybo

31st Dec 10 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done lee, although ive been hella busy with the house but im thinking about putting mine on the road for summer
SRI-LEE

1st Jan 11 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rybo
well done lee, although ive been hella busy with the house but im thinking about putting mine on the road for summer

cheers mate going to attempt to fit the last brake hose today then its done still feeling abit shit but ikt has to be done lol ,awesome do it and wel convoy to pvs again
SRI-LEE

1st Jan 11 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the last brake hose fitted today and all bled up so have brakes again now ,then moved it off the drive to move it over onto anouther part of the drive out the way so took a few pics cant wait to get it back on the road,just exhaust rattling to sort and washers just stop working not the end of the world so should be on the road this month hopefully

pics:

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really well Lee,bet you can't wait to get back on road

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
SRI-LEE

22nd Jan 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got it on the road for the first time last night,did 31 miles then nasty rattling noise and no oil pressure,investigated today see pics so back of the road now and in my trusty fiesta cant believe it think im going to rebuild the engine now

i got it on the road last night for the first time since fitting the x16xe it felt abit sluggish like it was holding back power any way did 31 miles in it and after that the oil light would stay on when you start it hot or cold obsviously i stopped checked oil level e.t.c that was dine so something else was making it lose pressure but when you set of driving it would go off and not come back on again till you start it,then the third time it did it the bottom end was rattling like crazy so i left it at home,took sump off and the end caps and found whats pictured,the crank side of the shell bearings was ok and the crank its self has no scoring but on the other side of the shell bearings and the end caps and also on the con rods have severe scoring and heat marks,now does this mean i need to replace the conrods? if so im going to rebuild the engine,

also whats the best way to check the oil pump on these engines?

any help be much appreciated many thanks lee

the con rod shell
benjie

22nd Jan 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nott good mate hope u fix it soon, not having much luck with it like
SRI-LEE

22nd Jan 11 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate,yeah ano spend all this money making sure everythings right and then something else goes tits up il get there eventually!
AlexW

22nd Jan 11 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those conrods are Fucked.

What are the mains like?
SRI-LEE

23rd Jan 11 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i thought so im yet to take the mains out probably do that tomorrow and take the head off so i can get a good look at the conrods pistons bores e.t.c
SRI-LEE

23rd Jan 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys took the head off today to inspect further and the engines not really worth repairing all the bores are scored and burnt at the bottom feel like sand paper all 4 conrods where the shells sit are no good so im now looking for a running 1.6 going to buy a car that runs not botherd bout anything else just aslong as i know its a good engine then take it out and put it in this one

heres the pics of the damage good job iv still got a car to get around!

shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Jan 11 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely gutted for you Lee What a nightmare! Hope you manage to find a decent donor car easily enough. Stick with it mate, it will be worth all the heart ache in the end
SRI-LEE

23rd Jan 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Absolutely gutted for you Lee What a nightmare! Hope you manage to find a decent donor car easily enough. Stick with it mate, it will be worth all the heart ache in the end

cheers shaun mate! yeah im sticking with it i started it might aswell finish it after all the problems iv had bin one big nightmare but like you say be all worth and she l be at pvs 2011!! just need to find that donor car
SRI-LEE

7th Feb 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys been a while since i updated! , anyway luckily managed to find a great donor car very local! the same town arden blue 1.6 16v sport pretty much standard apart from lowerd and couple of small touches , just had new coil pack and leads , new clutch, rear brakes h/brake cables , new CAT and backbox got reciepts and every MOT from new! also has remote central locking fitted which shall be getting swapped onto my car , the problem its got is possible sticking valves i think. its runs perfectly fine sometimes then after driving starts to missfire and clears out abit when you rev it up no smoke at all engines quite as a mouse and runs perfect when its running samoothly anyway im doing compression test and blok test at the weekend,and going to take the head off fit the rebuilt one i bought for my other engine do headgasket cambelt e.t.c and hopefully solve its issue , then take engine out paint it up get it ready to put in my black corsa and then in next few weeks i be back out in it

arden blue corsa be sold with no engine and wheels or breaking for parts see if i get any offers

many thanks lee

[Edited on 07-02-2011 by SRI-LEE]
SRI-LEE

12th Feb 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys update on the donor car! whent today intending on removing the head and fitting my rebiolt one off my engine as i thimk the rough running problem is due to sticking valves as iv read this is common on these early x16xe's? anyway got it all off and seen number 1 and 4 havnt been running right (see pictures) number 1 looks like the exhaust valves have been getting to hot, i think these may have been sticking to cause this? also number 4 all the valves are black oily carbon is this also caused by sticking valves? anyway after inspecting all this i wasnt sure wther to just take the engine out while i was half way there and finish it when its out of the car would be much easier so after thinking about it,i decided to carry on and get the engine ready to come out,so by the end of play today i now just need to drain engine/gear oil/pull 2 shafts out,get loom out of the car and undo the mounts and out she comes,so with an extra pair of hands tomorrow,the engine should be out! im going to fit my cylinder head and all the sensors off my engine while its out,can anyone confirm or have an opinion if sticking valves looks to be a cause of this? many thanks lee

also the timing was perfect and the headgasket was all good also its only done 4,000 miles since its last MOT aparantly short journeys is what causes it on these?

pics

number 1 piston

number 1 valves

cylinder head

number 4 valves

number 1 exhaust valves

end of play today

[Edited on 12-02-2011 by SRI-LEE]
SRI-LEE

13th Feb 11 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and the girlfreind today got the engine out so very pleased now! taking the gearbox to work tomorrow to gunk it clean it so its ready to spray then paint all the block up and start putting it all back together hopefully be in my corsa in next couple of weeks cant wait! everything whent smoothly today so all good couple of pics

barney1.6sport

13th Feb 11 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted about the engine mate. nice little donar car u got there. how much tht set u back ?
SRI-LEE

13th Feb 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ano absolute nightmare but things are getting better shells for sale £300 as it is dont come with wheels engine box but everything else is there hoses mounts rads e.t.c
barney1.6sport

13th Feb 11 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need a little donar car just like the blue 1. lookin 2 spend about £500 quid on 1, hopefully find 1 thts failed it mot n going for cheap
SRI-LEE

14th Feb 11 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its do able mate mine has tax and test and was around that price
SRI-LEE

21st Feb 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the engine back to my house on wednesday night,girfriends birthday this weekend so bin to busy to work on the engine,but managed to start building my good cylinder head up, put the better cams and lifters in ,new camshaft seals,cleaned it up abit while i had everything out,also quickly sprayed my lower inlet just looks neater,then cleaned up the fuel rail and replaced the injector seals, and sprayed my gearbox to should get abit more progress done this weekend though hopefully, couple of pics

ALSO THE ARDEN BLUE SHELL IS FOR SALE NOW £250 O.N.O

[Edited on 21-02-2011 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 21-02-2011 by SRI-LEE]
fillmecca

22nd Feb 11 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work lee
SRI-LEE

22nd Feb 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers toby

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11) 24 database queries in 0.0404902 seconds