corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11)

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11)
RCoughtrie

User status: Offline
1st Oct 10 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRI-LEE
cheers mate still havnt driven it since pvs at santapod though! cant wait to be back on the road in it

As long as you get there in the end mate thats all that matters, did you ever complain about your recovery issue ?
SRI-LEE

1st Oct 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCoughtrie
quote:
Originally posted by SRI-LEE
cheers mate still havnt driven it since pvs at santapod though! cant wait to be back on the road in it

As long as you get there in the end mate thats all that matters, did you ever complain about your recovery issue ?

yep exactly be all worth it! i did and im now not a member of the RAC they refused to pay any of my costs were being really awkward they talked to the guy who recoverd me he just said what he wrote on the paper said id definatly been up the strip e.t.c so they werent having any of it so my last phone call to them after 3 civil ones was a raging outburst which they basically ignoredme and got really moody and hung up on me and then cancelation of my membership id been with them 4 years going to join the aa now i think ended up costing me around £250 all together for accomodation and for me to go down and pick it up a story for the kids when im older lol
SRI-LEE

3rd Oct 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small update today managed to get my inlet manifold sprayed,and painted both my battery tray and lower engine mount,also decided to spray my front splitter while i had some spray i think it looks much better now rather than dull grey! could do with a new splitter really to be perfect as its got a few scuffs but it will do for now , just waiting on my rocker cover to be back from sandblasting then i can paint taht and get a#the rest of it built up

thanks for looking pics

SRI-LEE

5th Oct 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate give me my rocker cover back last night from sand blasting so,after work today i painted it it was looking absolutly perfect until the laquar after spraying that i left it to dry came back,and found a tiny little friend stuck to my work of art! anyway i cant get his guts off and you cant see it that much now so hopfully not when its all back together!, might try get him off at sometime but apart from making it not perfect it doesnt really bother me lol

you might be able to see him in the last pic he only small though

start

middle

almost done:

finished product
rickiek123

5th Oct 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good lee, al have to have a run thru to kendal some time.
SRI-LEE

6th Oct 10 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rickiek123
looking good lee, al have to have a run thru to kendal some time.

cheers rick yeah definatly mate! come through sometiome you still got your turbo corsa?
SRI-LEE

7th Oct 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anouther update , managed to get my rocker cover and inlet manifold bolted on last night all new gaskets e.t.c! love how its looking now cant wait till its all finished going to be finishing off the wiring and fitting all vacuums e.t.c friday and at the weekend so should be more updates as i progress, also got some blue hosing to do all my vacuums with,should look abit fresher and neater hopfully

some quick pictures

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks spot on that Lee

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
SRI-LEE

8th Oct 10 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate
SRI-LEE

9th Oct 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anouther small update today,managed to get all my vacuum pipes sorted out and routed neatly got the battery tray fitted and battery and basically just checked it all over,also sprayed my #scuttle panel,wiper arms and covers,coolant bottle lid and dipstick black looks much fresher very happy with it il no doubt have to remove the battery again tomorrow anyway to fit my crankcase breather pipe,coolant bottle when i get it and to clean and charge it,done as much as i can now really until i get my radiator e.t.c so not far away now heres a pic of the engine bay at the moment

not the best pic of it but get a rough idea

[Edited on 09-10-2010 by SRI-LEE]
SRI-LEE

23rd Oct 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys got a good update been abit busy on her recently since paydays just been purchased myself a new non air con radiator and coolant bottle,and got a non air con fan off the hero rybo on here,also the numpty that sold me the engine didnt give me a matching set ecu transponder and chip but thanks to anouther hero that made it possible to start my car this weekend off here jibjob so set about fitting it all today in this lovely cold weather anyway got it all fitted and she fired up no problem runs really sweet which is always a good sign! , apart from a little tapping from the injectors at idle shes a good one really want to sort that so il be posting in help zone soon ,and my cooling fan aint kicking in but apart from them 2 problems shes a good one!,always a rtisk buying an engine off someone you dont know but so far so good il let the pics do the talkign as its pretty much what itl look like a few more bits and she ready for the road, thanks for looking

RCoughtrie

23rd Oct 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on mate
swissxe

23rd Oct 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks fresh have fun
fillmecca

24th Oct 10 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work lee cant wait to see this back on the road
SRI-LEE

25th Oct 10 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys but abit of a gutting update really had the car up and running a few times properly now and the tapping has gone away which is good must have all setled down now,but unfortunatly im now a member of the smokey x16xe club! hasnt stopped since iv first run it up thought it might clear but its not, so annoyed but nothing i can do now,did a compression test tonight and number 2-and 3 are abit lower than 1 and 4 put a teaspoonful of oil in 2 and 3 to seal the bores if the rings are worn compression test again and it flew up so for now im going to keep it as it is get it on the road run it over christmas then in the new year it be going up to our newly built garage to get new piston rings shell bearings e.t.c ge tit all done properly so shes sweet,its a pain but worth it after 5 months of doing all this,im not going to sack it off,apart from that its all going well so far
Rybo

25th Oct 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your deffo sure its the rings then lee? did you sort the fan electrics out or do you need me to pop down?
she looks beautiful mate...real tidy
SRI-LEE

25th Oct 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers ryan mate yup 100 percent,done all the test see if she clears abit on the road next month,if not back into the garage after christmas for some rebuildage! lol still not working no i think it might be the switch in the radiator so going to change that at the weekend when its not dark il let you know thanks mate

[Edited on 25-10-2010 by SRI-LEE]
shaunmods
Premium Member

25th Oct 10 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh bugger Gutted to hear that Lee. Exactly what mine did when I first put it in. It is a massive pain in the arse but the bonus is you know you will have a mint engine at the end of it all

flybikeslee

25th Oct 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bay looks tidy non the less
SRI-LEE

26th Oct 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Ahh bugger Gutted to hear that Lee. Exactly what mine did when I first put it in. It is a massive pain in the arse but the bonus is you know you will have a mint engine at the end of it all

thanks mate, i read that it had happend to you to glad you got yours all sorted how much did it cost you roughly? im pressuming around £200 for genuine vaux parts? yeah i was so annoyed, but like you say with abit more money and hard work it be the mint engine i wanted

thanks lee mate
Rybo

26th Oct 10 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont give up lad
AlexW

26th Oct 10 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont go for vaux bits. Rings, just get good quailty ones, While your there do the shells as there only about £20, ARP's isnt a bad idea too.

If you go for new rings, rag it from the start, speak to any well known engine builder and they will say the same.

SRI-LEE

27th Oct 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok well il get it all priced up after xmas and take it off the road for a week and get it all done
SRI-LEE

15th Nov 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small update my quick shift arrived today and my mtech nylon bushes so got them all fitted and built up ready to go then it started raining so tomorrows job now , unfortunatly due to the pikey that sold me this engine the car isnt going to be on the road anytime soon its going into storage until early next year due to the fact its smoking unbelieveabley and usuing oil so its either going to be a rebuild or anouther engine,depending how bad the damage is when i strip it all to see whats wrong with it,in the time being iv bought a little fiesta to get about in so il just update when i make progress

barney1.6sport

15th Nov 10 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry 2 hear about tht ! u neva no what ur buying when its 2nd hand
how much oils it using ?
its pretty damn comon for the x16xe's

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11) 24 database queries in 0.0437441 seconds