corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11)

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11)
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys thought id do an update now my internets back up and running on my new laptop and plus i havnt done one since the car has come off the road! right well since i took the car off the road due to the diff nackering up iv taken the old 1.4 16v engine out and sold it got cash and a set of smoked depos for sale if anyones interested,be in classifieds soon ,whils the engine bay was empty iv removed the air con and blanked it off been wanting to do it for ages! also given the whole lot a lick of paint to give it that clean fresh look looks so much cleaner and tidyer whent over the whole lot with a wire brush drill so all smooth then painted see pics:

before

after

i picked up my 1.6 16v sport engine 2 weeks ago its done 37,000 miles! got all the recipts to prove it was a recon engine fitted into a corsa at the garage iv got the recipt from was taken out to put a 2.0 litre in so i got in theren straight away,i thought while everythings out im replacing,head gasket kit,headbolts,cambelt kit,waterpump,clutch kit,gear oil,engine oil,spark plugs oil filter and going totake sump of clean and re-seal,just for piece of mind really,anyway whent to take the head off and one head bolt snapped long story short the head got damaged by heat and whent out of shape but iv managed to get hold of a 1.6 head valves re ground,stem seals replaced and skimmed so should be buying thta tonight so even better, pics of engine not very good plan is to paint block and head blackrocker cover arden blue,then i have some blue uprated ht leads and im getting blue samco hoses so should look quite tidy under the bonnet, going to be getting some coilovers and braided brake hoses to hopfully.sorry for the essay heres some pics will have more updates when my parts arrive from autovaux and on paydays thanks for any comments lee more pics:

also cleaned and resprayed the gearbox

before:

after :

difference:

due to a hand injury i wont be able to do much for a week as iv been signed off work so il just be shopping for parts

[Edited on 12-08-2010 by SRI-LEE]
Rybo

2nd Aug 10 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good lad lee, hope the hand mends well
SRI-LEE

2nd Aug 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers ryan,yeah its a nightmare a week of daytime tv lol,al have catch up with you sometime soon mate
Rybo

2nd Aug 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sure.ive been working 84 hour weeks fr two weeks now, only one left to do...im just waiting for a date to get the keys on my house now !! i should really sell my corsa but i just cant do it lol
SRI-LEE

2nd Aug 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol you animal! suppose you need to for a house lol,awesome let us know when you ge them al pop round! haha noo keep it for the memorys lol
fillmecca

2nd Aug 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cnt sell the depos lee lol good to see you have ass into gear tho
SRI-LEE

2nd Aug 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv still got mine i have 2 sets now lol,yeah i did until hand injury lol
fillmecca

3rd Aug 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRI-LEE
iv still got mine i have 2 sets now lol,yeah i did until hand injury lol

oryt i see lol and what have you done to your hand? you no were i am if you need help with out and and bits
SRI-LEE

3rd Aug 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spraying my gearbox and tripped and fell onto a smashed glass bottle on the lane behind my house cause im a clumsy git lol whent to hospital and had stiches and signed off work for a week lol well gay yeah man cheers ou got your test booked yet?
fillmecca

4th Aug 10 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooocchh hope ya oryt lol i was there friday night not good and for test no altho start my new job in about a weeks time so things will be geting done then
SRI-LEE

4th Aug 10 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah hurt at the time! lol and cant do anything at work cause of it so having a week of rest lol,lol nah it aint good hate going to hospital and doctors lol,awesome nice one mate glad things are getting better
R1chard

6th Aug 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think you should xe it
SRI-LEE

11th Aug 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hanks for the comments guys,lol richard im ok with the x16xe ,not much i can do at the moment until payday so just been painting some mounts e.t.c and prepping rocker cover and inlet manifold for paint also been cleaning and degreasing my engine my rebuilt head off philip2 should be here tomorrow or friday to so along with that and headgasket kit i have,should get some more done

SRI-LEE

12th Aug 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my cylinder head came today,been skimmed,valves cleaned and reground,new stem seals,skimmed and decoked very happy with it! thanks phillip2 spot on! wont be any progress till next week now,asim going to mini in the park at santa pod for the weekend with the girlfreind so just afew pics of the head thanks for looking

fillmecca

13th Aug 10 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good lee any parts your in need of??
SRI-LEE

22nd Aug 10 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anouther little update after a trip to the local scrappies today managed to get the larger glove box and tray that non air con models have out of a tigra ,so got them all fitted today so iv now got a nice big glove box and cup holders! seems all the air con rubbish has been removed ad blanked also painted the head i bought gloss black and iv painted the block to aqnd fitted a new oil filter,iv made my big order to auto vaux, so all my engine parts be here next week hopefully,im planning on having the engine atleast mounted in the car middle of next month so more updates be coming! thanks for looking still lots to do

SRI-LEE

25th Aug 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£238.32 later my autovaux order has arrived can start making progress now! expect updates soon

SRI-LEE

27th Aug 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small update again fitted the new head to the block tonight go acouple of pics will look alot better when its all finished and built up ,going to be getting my mates engine crane next week to do all the finishing touches and jobs to the engine before she goes in! tomorrows plan is to get pretty much all the parts orderd fitted! so should be more updates tomorrow thanks for looking

SRI-LEE

29th Aug 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cracked on abit more this weekend yesterday got my new waterpump and cambelt kit fitted cleaned up loads of bits and got all the timing side of things finished refitted all my cams hydraulic tappets e.t.c after cleaning nad oiling them up ,and today cleaned and fitted my inlet manifold throttle body and thermostat housing all new gaskets fitted e.t.c so getting there now,tomorrow il hopfully get my mates engine crane and be able to finsih the engine ready to go in couple of pics

rocker cover is going to be getting sandblasted then painted

barney1.6sport

29th Aug 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

makin a lot of progress i see! engines looking nice a tidy. what color u painting the rocker cover?
SRI-LEE

29th Aug 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate! going to be getting painted arden blue im getting blue samco hoses so going for a balck and blue theme under the bonnet
barney1.6sport

29th Aug 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats exactly what color theme i was gonna go 4 before my engine went tits up lol.
i was gonna go 4 a black rocker, blue samco hoses, performance blue ht leads.
should look nice mate, lookin forward 2 seeing it finished
SRI-LEE

29th Aug 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol awesome you get your engine sorted? yeah im having black head and block thermostat housing e.t.c going to paint the inlet manifold black to then have my arden blue rocker cover and hoses and iv also got some blue and black uprated ht leads cheers mate shouldnt be to far away
steb10

29th Aug 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car looks nice engine bay should look good when finished!
SRI-LEE

29th Aug 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers dude! i hope so just want it finished and back on the road!

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11) 23 database queries in 0.0169380 seconds