corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11)

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11)
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
15th Nov 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate tbh its not used that much oil considering how much smoke is coming out if you go to the help zone theres a thread in there about it with a video i made its crazy with xmas coming up i dont have the money or time to sort it so be all up and finished some point in the new year
derick-sport

15th Nov 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aww gutted to hear it lee mate real gutting especially when she looks so nice! like i said in the u2u if you need another set of hands jus gimme a txt and ill pop round
barney1.6sport

15th Nov 10 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm maybe piston rings n valve stem seals will do the trick then. just rather annoying after just fitting the new engine lol
good progress tho. engines looking tidy
SRI-LEE

16th Dec 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys thought id finally update this after a few weeks of checking everythings all good i think its safe to say iv fixed the problem!,i replaced all 4 injectors the fuel rail,and the fuel regulator and now all the smoke has gone and its runs like a beauty!,so pleased ,i took the exhaust off and flushed all the crap gunk stuff at work,and now my backbox is all clean inside now after a few hours of running nothing has returned!,there was a bit in the manifold which i didnt take off but a good run out once its on the road should get rid of that,but you can now rev it up and still see lol no smoke at all so im one happy and lucky person ,iv orderd a new lambda sensor to as that was caked in crap,also getting a set of new spark plugs, but all is well!,

since removing my air con my fan hasnt worked so at the weekend i wired in a fan switch so i can control the fan,was going to mount it in the ash tray bit but wasnt much room so its on the fuse box cover near the steering wheel easily accesable and looks ok to

also got my engine bay pretty much finished its not as tidy now iv had to take things on and off again but im going to respray most of it before pvs 2010 ,im happy with it though it looks just how i pictured it ,basically been doing all my little jobs to it on my week off to get it ready for the road in january hopefully as its sat it just wants my braided brake hoses im getting for xmas fitting then its good to go

couple of pics

in the snow other week

couple pics i took today

wish i had stainless manifold

pictures are shocking after uploading to photobucket

pic of my winter car

[Edited on 16-12-2010 by SRI-LEE]
fillmecca

16th Dec 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good news about the smokeing then lee ,be good to it back on the road afta so long lol
corsagsigav

16th Dec 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa is looking tasty
SRI-LEE

16th Dec 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers fellas oh yes been off the road 6 months this month shocking!! be back out when all the crap weathers gone
fillmecca

16th Dec 10 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRI-LEE
cheers fellas oh yes been off the road 6 months this month shocking!! be back out when all the crap weathers gone

ever then?,kendal seems to always be raining,snow ect
SRI-LEE

16th Dec 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when all ice and snow gone it be out ,prob end of jan mid february , fiesta can get me from a to b till then lol
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Dec 10 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chuffed to hear the smoking is sorted mate Engine bay look lovely!
joeseth17

16th Dec 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blue rocker cover looks the nuts mate! sad story wt hapened to u at pvs. i rember i went past u on the way in with all ur camping stuff in ur car lol. i seen some of ur runs on the strip aswell, will u be going down it again this year or just giving it a miss haha
SRI-LEE

16th Dec 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joeseth17
blue rocker cover looks the nuts mate! sad story wt hapened to u at pvs. i rember i went past u on the way in with all ur camping stuff in ur car lol. i seen some of ur runs on the strip aswell, will u be going down it again this year or just giving it a miss haha

thansk shaun mate am well happy thanks for all the help youv given me to

yeah ano was a total nightmare hasnt been on the road since then lol,il definatly be going up the strip again! got 17.8 in the 1.4 so see what the 1.6 does with the same mods, i loved it was awesome just going to set off abit gentle this time both driveshafts are new and its got genuine vaux gear oil in this time plus new clutch e.t.c so hopefully nothing will break lol,lol yeah all packed up for camping haha un decided wether to stay in the hotel i did when a broke down this time or not il definatly be going though!
custom_corsa

16th Dec 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want an x16 , cars looking good though i like it alot

not a bad wee daily you have aswell
joeseth17

16th Dec 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad ur still guna hit the strip. i myt just dont want to break my car, i cudnt deal with the nitemare you have had. ill be camping again i think was good crack last year. well i hope evwrything goes to plan for u mate. good luck
SRI-LEE

16th Dec 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joeseth17
glad ur still guna hit the strip. i myt just dont want to break my car, i cudnt deal with the nitemare you have had. ill be camping again i think was good crack last year. well i hope evwrything goes to plan for u mate. good luck

cheers custom-corsa get one bought! ,yeah its briliant does its job well and didnt pay alot for it!

do it mate honestly i loved it its just cool to say you done it,i think with the track being so sticky and setting off abit to violent anything that was on its way out just whent my inner cv joint broke and my diff collapsed must have been on its way out to do that though,as everyone else seems fine guess its just pot luck im not going to be as violent at setting off this time though just to play it safe , am sure i saw your car there last year,camping is such a good laugh,just a nytmare getting everything down and packing it up lol think a hotel be boring tbh
merlokquest

17th Dec 10 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate you obviously know your stuff about these things i was just flicking through pics on this corsa of yours and was wondering why the inlet and plastic engine cover changed colour? from yellow which i thouht was cool with it being black car to standard?? and also mate whats the best form of attack to get the starter motor off and which vaux starters will fit if you know cheers dan
merlokquest

17th Dec 10 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i take the inlet thing back jst seen it now its blue looks cool my corsa is black on a 2000 model and has white wheels and black inner headlight surrounds also so top man
SRI-LEE

17th Dec 10 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by merlokquest
i take the inlet thing back jst seen it now its blue looks cool my corsa is black on a 2000 model and has white wheels and black inner headlight surrounds also so top man

haha cheers mate sounds cool mate black and white does go awesomely well

the starter motor is an absolute bitch to get out!the top bolt you cant see was a nightmare for for me it has a locking bolt 13mm that you take off then theres the main one that bolts it to the block but the earth cable got in the way for me so struggled alot to get my socket on plus you cant see you gota do it by feel,but apart from that its easy just that locking bolt and the main bold ontop then one bolt underneath that hold it on then an 8mm bolt and anouther 13mm bolt for the electrics that are attached to it,im not sure if any of the 1.2 starters would fit but id just get one off a 1.4-1.6 tigra or corsa you should be able to get a new one for around £40 id have though
SRI-LEE

18th Dec 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not much of an update just fitted some fresh new spark plugs and a new lambda sensor

derick-sport

18th Dec 10 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finally she runs properly, two sweet 1.6 sports in kendal now should be a good run down to pvs next year mate

[Edited on 18-12-2010 by derick-sport]
SRI-LEE

19th Dec 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by derick-sport
finally she runs properly, two sweet 1.6 sports in kendal now should be a good run down to pvs next year mate

[Edited on 18-12-2010 by derick-sport]

oh yes should be good mate cant wait! wel have a larl photoshoot together at somepoint
derick-sport

19th Dec 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo mate when the coilys and depos are on!
SRI-LEE

30th Dec 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of an after xmas update got a set of goodridge braided brake hoses ,some aero wiper blades and get me an LED number plate bulb so no more yellow lights left on the car

iv just fitted the wiper blades tonight so no daytime pics yet there much better than standard though

also fitted 3 out of the 4 brake hoses just got one more rear to fit then bleed system and shes ready for the road hopefully end of january!,

was to cold and got ill whilst fitting the brake hoses so finishing them at the weekend maybe see how im feeling,heres a couple of pics not the best excuse rusty discs been sat nearly 7 months now ,il be cleaning and tidying everything up before she gets on the road dont worry

benjie

30th Dec 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars looking good matee
vaux.dan

30th Dec 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are the braded hoses easy to fit?

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa sport project (PVS update 13.6.11) 23 database queries in 0.1931510 seconds