corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it
ShEp

User status: Offline
19th Oct 08 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see Dave's point a little

I could easily call up saying I'm one of the users in the group buy and request a refund,

Proof of purchase would stop this happening,

Go to the bank and get a statement, easy.

On the other hand Dave, Should you not have sent out Invoices or something to back up peoples payments to stop all this hassle occuring?

Seems like a poor buisness decision not to, as everything would of been so much easier now.

ShEp

19th Oct 08 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 306CORSA
just read the whole lot... what a fucking fiasco
its pretty obvious to dave who has paid and who hasnt isnt it?!
All this process shit to get a refund is crap.
If they were ticked off as paid and now they are not getting the item they should have got a u2u asking "sorry for all the inconvenience, how should i send you the refund"

In theory YES

But not in a group buy, with several users, anyone could call him saying they are XSIHardy and ask for a refund into they're account
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th Oct 08 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
I see Dave's point a little

I could easily call up saying I'm one of the users in the group buy and request a refund,

Proof of purchase would stop this happening,

On the other hand Dave, Should you not have sent out Invoices or something to back up peoples payments to stop all this hassle occuring?

If people paid by bank transfer, they would have a record of it with their bank. If they paid by card then the card processor would have automatically sent them a reciept to the address the card is registered to. If they paid by cash over the counter at a bank they will have been given a reciept. If they paid over the counter at the shop, they would have been given a reciept.
jamied

19th Oct 08 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well why dont they reply by u2u?
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We will not accept any request of refund of proof of identity by U2U. Neither will we discuss financial information by U2U.

ShEp

19th Oct 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a bit backwards considering you started the group buy on a forum but you wont discuss the refunds on the forum
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I will discuss refunds on the forum. I did not take payment by U2U so I wont refund via U2U.
Colin

19th Oct 08 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It all sounds a bit fucked up to me, you arranged a group buy? You messed up said group buy? You took folks money & still hold it after many months? Yet these people have to do the leg work to get their over due refund!?

To me it sounds like you should be the one doing any chasing up, & saying your sorry to these folk!

If I was one of the included & had paid by card id have lodged a claim of fraud through them by now!!
allza

19th Oct 08 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely dave could go a little way to help people out ffs. All you have to do is look at your statement and see the bank account of where the money comes from and if it matches up with the bank account of xsihardy then you know he has payed you. Sounds like your just trying to keep the money and fob him off with a legal loophole.
Brett
Premium Member

19th Oct 08 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave should have a list of names and addresses. End of. Send cheque to each name and address. End of.
Danny P

19th Oct 08 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Dave should have a list of names and addresses. End of. Send cheque to each name and address. End of.

That was my point.
ali_corsa

19th Oct 08 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

agreed
Ste L

19th Oct 08 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you get a statement from your account, and it will show thats he's payed, then refund him...
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ali_corsa
quote:

agreed

and if they have changed address, or changed job? (many addresses were work addresses)

this is why each person must provide me with their details, its not difficult, people are being pedantic and lazy.

If I was offered a refund then I would be happy to prove I had paid and give my details.
Ste L

19th Oct 08 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well you could ask them to provide the address they supplied for delivery - easy.
Xs

19th Oct 08 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've screwed up, refund the money! Its that simple. You keep saying if they paid money into your account that they need the pay in receipt? Surely when this was paid in you would have spoken to them as they would want to confim having paid and you would tick their name on the list. Therefore you know who paid and when, so if they contact you with the details they gave you for delivery then you can refund their card or send them a cheque.

How many people are owed money? I put it to you that you do not have the money to refund all in one go so are trying to make it awkward for people.
Ian W

19th Oct 08 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not taking either side on this one but I for one would expect I would need proof of purchase to get a refund from anywhere.

Its a bit messy as it was started on an internet forum where I assume it was all pretty informal, now its got messy it seems Dave A is taking the business stance of "Proof of Purchase", can't really argue with that if you where in his shoes.

If it was me after my money back I would go the bank and request a statement and send it recorded delivery requesting my money back.
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the instructions are clear and simple to carry out. I recieved a u2u from 1 member already today confirming this, he managed it within 20 mins and he will get his refund within 48 hours.

There is not 1 person that has not had proof of payment of some type. Every member recieved confirmation of payment and every member is entitled to a refund, If they are not able to carry out such a simple request to protect their own security then they cant be that interested in getting their refund can they?

Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian W gets it!

why cant others
BarnshaW

19th Oct 08 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously the 15 or so members on here who think your a lazy bad seller are wrong then? cant you wake up and see what people are saying to you? why cant YOU see that people think your a bad seller and should be contacting people to give their money back.
gtitim

19th Oct 08 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, this would be much easier and simpler to sort out without cocks who have nothing to do without it getting involved. Keyboard warriors on here outnumber the genuine users, its pathetic at times. Let business and customers sort it out. I am not a huge poster on here, but am fed up of seeing dickheads poking their oar in for a bit more internet heroism. Just butt out and let it sort itself. the terms have been explained, stick to them.

No receipt = no refund, whichever shop you go to.

No business in the land will refund on your word, you have been told what is needed, so do it, or if not happy, file court proceedings, and lose.
corsacant

19th Oct 08 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When will people actually wake up to the shambles that is Dave A and Vsport. This must be the 4th occurance of him/the company ripping people off in the last few years, yet people still buy from him.

I wouldn't give that company a penny of my cash.
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If people want a refund, all they have to do is ask. Its not hard. They just have to ask for it in the correct way (not by sending text talk via u2u or phoning and claiming to be a member on here) and provide the relevant details.

BarnshaW

19th Oct 08 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
To be honest, this would be much easier and simpler to sort out without cocks who have nothing to do without it getting involved. Keyboard warriors on here outnumber the genuine users, its pathetic at times. Let business and customers sort it out. I am not a huge poster on here, but am fed up of seeing dickheads poking their oar in for a bit more internet heroism. Just butt out and let it sort itself. the terms have been explained, stick to them.

No receipt = no refund, whichever shop you go to.

No business in the land will refund on your word, you have been told what is needed, so do it, or if not happy, file court proceedings, and lose.

u tit, u dont HAVE to have a receipt to obtain a refund. i work for one of the biggest global electronic companies in the world and if a customer loses their receipt then the retailer MUST hold copies of purchases for a set amount of time (much longer then the 5-8 months or whatever dave a had the depo buy for)
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF Barnshaw he has posted far more sense than you in 1 simple post than you have in all of your posts in this thread. then you call him a tit?

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it 22 database queries in 0.2013190 seconds