corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
19th Oct 08 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
so what if they dont have the payment receipt anymore? maybe lost it? deleted it? what then?

As I have already said, they just need to contact me. One member has been in this position and his refund has been processed.

FFS are people on this site stupid? one member even asked me if it would be ok to send me his passport in the post as proof of identity

why is that funny, obviously quite desperate to get their money back from a reluctant cowboy retailer. cant blame them really.
N16K

Either way this thread is not a good advert for your company - V Sport.
Cosmo

quote:
FFS are people on this site stupid? one member even asked me if it would be ok to send me his passport in the post as proof of identity

They are stupid or you're a con man - I dont know which yet. Probably both by threads Ive read on here.
Danny P

19th Oct 08 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
If they paid by cash over the counter at a bank they will have been given a reciept.

Im guessing this will have been issued by the bank and not yourself or your company?

Did you/your company send out a recept you had actually had the monies cleared into you/your companies bank account?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th Oct 08 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

I'd fully understand if it was a standard customer maybe trying to return something, but the fact it was a group order, you have the records to hand of how has and hasnt paid, it would be easy for you to ask for proof of ID and then refund.

That is all I have asked for, that is why you keep payment reciepts. Its the only form of payment that is legally recognised in the UK as proof of payment. This reciept can be in many forms, its not unusual to ask for it, infact the office of fair trading reccomend that retailers are very cautious with refunds if people do not provide proof of payment.
Cosmo

19th Oct 08 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

I'd fully understand if it was a standard customer maybe trying to return something, but the fact it was a group order, you have the records to hand of how has and hasnt paid, it would be easy for you to ask for proof of ID and then refund.

That is all I have asked for, that is why you keep payment reciepts. Its the only form of payment that is legally recognised in the UK as proof of payment. This reciept can be in many forms, its not unusual to ask for it, infact the office of fair trading reccomend that retailers are very cautious with refunds if people do not provide proof of payment.

As I said above, a bank receipt is not proof of payment from the retailer. Its proof they entered money into the banking system but not proof you ever got it. It'd bet (infact I know being an independant retailer myself) that this is not what the office of fair trading recommends.
John

19th Oct 08 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's not very good with actual laws, there's been a lot of phrasing things kind of like the real way.
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Q7. Do I have to produce a receipt to claim my rights?

No. In fact the trader doesn't have to give you a receipt in the first place so it would be unfair to say that you had to produce one. However, it might not be unreasonable for the shop to want some proof of purchase, so look to see if you have a cheque stub, bank statement, credit card slip etc., and this should be sufficient.

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html
Cosmo

19th Oct 08 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

No. In fact the trader doesn't have to give you a receipt in the first place so it would be unfair to say that you had to produce one. However, it might not be unreasonable for the shop to want some proof of purchase, so look to see if you have a cheque stub, bank statement, credit card slip etc., and this should be sufficient.

If YOU dont issue one though, you CANNOT require one for a refund. Its upto them what they do with receipts, cheque stubs, whatever from other places (eg banks), and you CANNOT demand these before you issue a refund.
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm, yes I can.
micra_pete
Premium Member

19th Oct 08 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

FFS are people on this site stupid?

harsh. surely this can now be dealt with away from CS between the OP and Vsport?

People can make their own minds up and if you don't like vsport, don't order from them?

BarnshaW

19th Oct 08 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also please see below quote:

"Contrary to what many retailers will insist, UK consumers are not required to produce a receipt when returning faulty goods. This is only common sense - traders are not legally required to provide a receipt upon the sale of goods, so it would be unfair to put in place a law which demanded that consumers had to produce one when they return to the store."
N16K

19th Oct 08 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What your asking is unreasonable as you did not even provide the service/product your customers payed for.
RichR
Premium Member

19th Oct 08 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Its more than clear what you have to do, so instead of whinging about it on the interent getting no where try getting your proof, a quick letter and hey presto your refunded!

30p and 10mins of your time or shut the feck up!

Its like walking back into HMV after buying a DVD without having your reciept, you are NOT going to get a refund

I haven't read any further than this comment because quite frankly it pissed me off.

The difference with your analogy is that trying to return a DVD to HMV for a refund infers that you HAVE the DVD in your possession.

These guys have NEVER received the product for which they have paid in full (including postage). Why should these guys (who have been patient enough to wait 5 motnhs) have to waste their time, effort and money to be refunded for something which contravenes the sale of goods? V-Sport made an offer of sale, the giys never received the products, V-Sport broke the terms of the contract of Sale. I find it unfair that the individuals have to request a refund and if they don't, V Sport get to keep the money.

V-Sport must have the addresses and names of everyone who ordered a set of lights in order to process the original orders. Why can a cheque not be sent to each and everyone; why can't V-Sport go out of their way?

[Edited on 19-10-2008 by LiVe LeE]
Cosmo

19th Oct 08 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
erm, yes I can.

No you cant. How can you legally demand something you never issued - you cant.

You're trying to play these people for fools when you have the proof already of payment infront of you (as said earlier, hence how you know who has ordered and paid). So all you need is proof of ID for these customers and NOT proof of payment.
Pete_vxl

19th Oct 08 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

that one member who actually payed part of your wages? and keeps your business running? insinuating a customer of yours is stupid really shows bad customer service.

this thread has just blown out of proportion, has xsi even had an answer if he cannot get proof? maybe even deleting this and leaving dave an xsi to u2u would be best. It causes uncertainty to buy anything off this website and giving v-spor t abad name by all the accusations.
Cosmo

19th Oct 08 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pete_vxl
quote:

that one member who actually payed part of your wages? and keeps your business running? insinuating a customer of yours is stupid really shows bad customer service.

this thread has just blown out of proportion, has xsi even had an answer if he cannot get proof? maybe even deleting this and leaving dave an xsi to u2u would be best. It causes uncertainty to buy anything off this website and giving v-spor t abad name by all the accusations.

TBH Dave A deserves all the bad press he is getting just for the comments above - let alone the rest of them he has posted in this thread that shows a complete lack of understanding of consumer law and even worse a complete lack of customer service skills.
N16K

As a company you should understand the sale of goods act, you obviously do not. The quote you refer to proves you are in the wrong, you are twisting it to suit your cause.

[Edited on 19-10-2008 by N16K]
Hammer

I think this thread is the least of his worries tbh.

I give Dave the benefit of the doubt when these threads pop up as i know the public can be stupid and awkward to deal with at times. The tact he takes on here with his own customers however can only be described as poor.....at best.
CorsAsh

19th Oct 08 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is how the situation appears to me...

1. Dave took money, gave nothing in return and should therefore return the money to where it came from.

2. Users paying cash into a bank account are hard to track electronically as it will just appear as a cash deposit on Dave's account.

3. BUT Dave should have a record of members who paid, and should have contacted them directly,not by a general forum post, to say that the group buy had fallen through, and arrange a refund - NOT telling people to contact him to do so.

People have already paid. They have done their half of the legwork. Now it's up to Vsport to return outstanding balances. Just because one person was able to provide the details straight off, doesn't mean all people involved should follow suit.

Out of interest, how many people were in the group buy? And how much interest has been accumulated by the bank account holding these funds for the past few months?

[Edited on 19-10-2008 by CorsAsh]
Joe

19th Oct 08 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and coming up next on watchdog.......
Pete_vxl

19th Oct 08 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was the last member to pay, i believe there was aroun 26 people
Ste L

19th Oct 08 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i guess dave got a nice bit of intrest then, £70 for the light's, + 6/7 months intrest...

i'd be wanting my money + intrest back
ssj_kakarot

19th Oct 08 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

er you havw a list of people who paid you the money and there address, why not just send a cheque to every address that paid you money and that would be the end of it?

i dont get why your making it so difficult, and please explain how people could try and scam money off of you considering you actually have the list of people who paid in the first place.

I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE COULD CON MONEY FROM YOU WHEN YOU KNOW WHO HAS PAID AND HAVE THERE ADDRESS ALREADY.

im guessing your hoping that people just wont bother in the long run so you can keep there money ( 20+ odd people, and only 1 refund recieved put you in the way of gaining quite a bit of money), morally your compleatly in the wrong and i hope people take notice of this thread and factor it in when thinking about using your services in the fucture.

regardless of the ins and outs of the situation your service and attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

[Edited on 19-10-2008 by ssj_kakarot]
Cosmo

19th Oct 08 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste L
quote:

i guess dave got a nice bit of intrest then, £70 for the light's, + 6/7 months intrest...

i'd be wanting my money + intrest back

+ proof that the lights were ordered and it wasnt his fault it fell through.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it 22 database queries in 0.0183649 seconds