corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it
Colin

User status: Offline
19th Oct 08 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All of you that have been ripped off should just club together & claim your money + costs back via the small claims court, you'd win, this guys took your money, not sent the goods then gone out his way to make it as difficult as possible to get it back to the point that you cant.......if he even has the intentions of giving it back.

Hell I cant remember what I bought 5 months ago, never mind how to go about proving it!!

It would be as easy as sending cheques/bank transfers to all that issueed one when the order was made, as any decent company would.................but fpr a reason unknown to everyone on this site he cant/wont!!

Go to the citizens advice & also ask about small claims court!

Also if any of the people that ordered done so through credit card, get onto their fraud dept about making a credit reversal.

[Edited on 19-10-2008 by Colin]
strick206

19th Oct 08 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sort of a company asks you to go and pay money into the account direct in cash, or by a bank transfer?

Why doesn't such a "big company" not accept people ringing up and paying by a debit card over the phone?

Or even paypal ffs, just a bunch of cowboys imo

5 months of peoples money is an easy way to sort your cash-flow problems out

BMC CDA Filters anyone?

Deleting all the threads so no-one can bring it up next time something similar happens

TBH you shouldn't be allowed to advertise your business on here

[Edited on 22-10-2008 by strick206]
Mobby

19th Oct 08 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can anyone give me the run down on the bmc's what happened?
John

19th Oct 08 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave was selling some cheap 'genuine' bmc filters.

Filters got delivered, I think it was mainly steve who found out they weren't anything to do with BMC, most people, including me, backed dave up thinking steve was just causing trouble.

everybody was blamed, stories of bmc taking the people who sold them to dave to court bla bla bla same as every saga after that.
Colin

19th Oct 08 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can remember that, was a bit of a mess, imo he knew what they were & tried to pass them off thinking no one would know any better!?

What happened to these Depo's for them to never be sent out? Surely a company like Vsport can easilly get hold of some Depo's once everyones paid then send them out!? Or did the fakes never turn up this time?
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Oct 08 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
stick around more. they alwasy get deleted for fear of being sued or something, he must sponsor this place
That is you made to look silly then.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Oct 08 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
dont you remember the last ones got deleted
And you read them all and know why? They're deleted largely because of the interventions of people who have no interest in this sale and are just posting to stir shit. There are examples of it in this thread, so it isn't outside of consideration for removal. But I'm very disappointed that you have it so wrong about the other ones. Perhaps I should allow you to spend the time reading them all so you're fully informed instead of coming up with bullshit like that. You really are not in a good position at all to comment.
Ben G

20th Oct 08 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sam-smith
i think the worst thing daev ever did for vsport was post on here

i'm sure plenty other forums feel the same way mate.

i've been on a forum before which had slated v-sport.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Oct 08 at 00:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May I also draw your attention to the Trash Can which clearly indicates that Dave deleted his own threads.

Something which obviously overturns this conspiracy theory -

quote:
Originally posted by K 5ive
Why is this now not a sticky?
Bad for business maybe?

Honestly, so many people with half a story. I'll post again what I said many months ago.

Buyers have rights, they should use them. If you've no proof then really, you should have got some. The law in is place to protect both buyers and sellers but you can't be shoddy and trusting when paying people and expect not to have problems.

I appreciate entirely that Dave can do more. I think it's clear that he has failed quite dismally to offer the service that he set out to. But in the case of complaint, look after yourselves already. No thread on the internet or indeed retailer who you met through it is going to work for you to give you the power to employ your rights.

I think it's very clear some of the buyers in this deal and indeed this entire web site can't put in place simple measures to protect themselves. In that case I have very little sympathy.

That alone is enough to cause problem, never-mind inefficiencies and obfuscation by sellers. That just makes a bad situation entirely laughable in the scale of balls up.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Oct 08 at 00:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i've been on a forum before which had slated v-sport.
I've been on Corsa C and read a thread about how Corsa Sport is full of people with worse cars. What is your point?

We can be vague and general and criticise things or we can say to these people get your money back by exercising your rights.

The business practices are not ideal but the level of skill in being a buyer is equally poor. And the benefit of it being a public deal on a public forum is the disarray is embellished with bandwagon jumping at every opportunity.
BarnshaW

20th Oct 08 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how you can defend it makes me laugh ian. seriously open your eyes. theres no bandwagon. its bad trading
Jamie

20th Oct 08 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This appears to just get worse and worse

How is it Dave A can still trade on CS?
_Allan_

20th Oct 08 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can also see Dave's point but for this one user who you can clearly see is having a few problems getting 'proof'. why not just look on your own company statements and you can see when the money was paid. Surely XSI can confirm the day/time and sort code it was paid in from. It is not likely another user will guess these details and obtain a refund fraudulently. At the end of the day it's only creating negative feelings and is going to cost more in the long run of future dealings. I still doubt you are going to be handing out refunds to members who have nothing to do with the sale. Otherwise I'd have tried my luck by now via u2u
Mobby

20th Oct 08 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie
This appears to just get worse and worse

How is it Dave A can still trade on CS?

EXACTLY
Ant

20th Oct 08 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the truth is you shouldn't need any skill to be a consumer that is why retailers exist to provide a service

I have tried to warn people in the past to dave's attitude towards business but been labeled a trouble maker, the guy directly broke the sale of goods act with a product he sold to me that was unfit for the purpose then refused to refund. there has been so many incidents yet for some reason people still rush to defend him.

I could go on and say so much more but there is little point as dave will just argue its never him thats wrong.
Sam
Premium Member

20th Oct 08 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, my two cents here...

I think the blame lies really with BOTH parties concerned.

Customer should have retained the cash deposit receipt from the bank until they received the goods and were happy with them etc. The problem is he can't remember when EXACTLY he made the payment. If he could, he could have pursued one of two avenues here:

1. He could go back to the bank he paid the money into, explain the situation, provide the exact payment amount, date it was paid, and the account details it was going into, and they may be able to provide him with a copy of the receipt.

2. If no joy from the bank, speak to V-Sport (doesn't have to be Dave himself if he employs other people as well?), provide the details of when the money was paid, the amount, the reference number, etc., and they CAN go through their bank statements to confirm this.

Retailer (i.e. V-Sport) could really do more to trace the customer's payment, rather than saying "provide proof of payment or you get nothing". This is an exceptional circumstance, if the customer genuinely paid and genuinely can't remember when EXACTLY he paid the money into V-Sport's account, V-Sport can still check for the reference the customer gave, as it WILL be written on the bank statement.

Yes it is a pain in the ass to sift through bank statements if you have loads of transactions, but if the customer can give an idea of roughly when it was paid (i.e. month) that narrows it down a lot.

May take a bit of time to go through the bank statements, BUT IT'S NOT IMPOSSIBLE!

Finally, I know some people have had trouble with V-Sport in the past, but really I think the customer and V-Sport should just sort this amongst themselves now and this thread deleted.

Hope this helps...
Sam
Premium Member

20th Oct 08 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
What sort of a company asks you to go and pay money into the account direct in cash, or by a bank transfer?

We don't know the customer's financial state of affairs - maybe he hasn't got a debit or credit card to use?
AdZ9

20th Oct 08 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it wasn't a public thread and via U2U's, then the poor Op would of been confused out of his head by now

Then the poor kid would of been £72 out of pocket. Its better that this is resolved where people can give advice, I for one wouldn't of known the legalities or procedures if i was in this situation.

[Edited on 22-10-2008 by AdZ9]
Sam
Premium Member

20th Oct 08 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I'm all for people posting up asking for advice etc. I meant now that everyone has 'advised' the thread doesn't need to be here any more and the only people concerned - the OP and V-Sport - can sort it themselves now?
AdZ9

20th Oct 08 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I highly doubt it would get sorted (no offence to the op but he seems he could get easily confused)

Plus i think it's better to keep this thread around, might bring light to people who were thinking about trading with V-sport to think again

Sam
Premium Member

20th Oct 08 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is I know the guy hasn't got his receipt but V-Sport should really go the "extra mile" in this case - I don't think they have several customers phone up on a daily basis saying they paid in cash but lost the receipt and want their money back?

If they refuse to entertain the idea of going through their OWN records to prove this payment was made (given that it wouldn't take THAT long to find it), then it would unfortunately sustain people's bad opinions about this company. Just my opinion...
Cosmo

20th Oct 08 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam - V Sport dont have to go the extra mile. They will have a list of customers who have ordered and paid - or how else would he know how many to order and who to send them to once they arrive.

He wasnt exactly ordered a guesstimated amount of lights and then going to go through his bank statements to find who paid.

He is being arsey because the money is sat in his bank account and he doesnt want to get rid of it. If he can find a way to keep hold of it, even for a few more weeks, then he will do.
John

20th Oct 08 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or just confirm name, address and payment method on the list he has for sending out the item, which is much much simpler, then send out a cheque.

Not my opinion, just common sense.

FFS with my slow replying

[Edited on 20-10-2008 by John]
Cosmo

20th Oct 08 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Or just confirm name, address and payment method on the list he has for sending out the item, which is much much simpler, then send out a cheque.

Not my opinion, just common sense.

FFS with my slow replying

[Edited on 20-10-2008 by John]

Exactly Jonathan. Its not hard for Dave to sort this, but he either doesnt have the money to repay him or doesnt really fancy giving a refund if he thinks he can get away with not doing so.
AdZ9

20th Oct 08 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
He is being arsey because the money is sat in his bank account and he doesnt want to get rid of it. If he can find a way to keep hold of it, even for a few more weeks, then he will do.

Or it could be possible he doesn't have the money in the bank to refund.. never know

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it 22 database queries in 0.1045048 seconds