corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it
Cosmo

User status: Offline
21st Oct 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even semi-competent spanner monkies issue invoices and receipts.

Him even suggesting a bank stub is any form of proof of purchase is just laughable tbh.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 08 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
how you can defend it makes me laugh ian. seriously open your eyes. theres no bandwagon. its bad trading
I agree it's bad - that is obvious. But how many people in this post are actually involved? How many people in the other posts are involved? The stuff is trashed because people who are not involved come along and post stuff which doesn't solve the problems.
Luke

21st Oct 08 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont ban me for this but mod's aint doing anything to help solve this problem with dave a. One guy has already had a cheque bounced from dave a, lets face it we wont get our re-funds. Stop him trading on here, will resolve alot of problems. I've heard alot of bad things from him. He also told us to send a letter to V-SPORT BUT that company aint going anymore, its V-TUNING?????
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 08 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Luke
One guy has already had a cheque bounced from dave a
One person posted that they had a cheque and it bounced. That user hadn't to my knowledge been involved in the group buy although I don't have the full list so I can't be sure. Dave posted later that no one had been refunded by cheque.

So it might be genuine, or it might be someone putting their oar in and starting a rumour, something which you're continuing without any basis in fact.

I don't know either and to be frank I've no confidence in either party to tell the truth going on the ratio of fact to speculation in these conversations.

If you know more than me, tell me. If you're quoting what you've read in old posts then my suggestion would be that you get something a bit more concrete to go on.

[Edited on 21-10-2008 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 08 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Luke
Stop him trading on here, will resolve alot of problems.
If you are up to date with the situation, which you appear not to be, the new/renamed company are not planning to trade anyway.
Luke

21st Oct 08 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i'm going by what i've read, I have no proof that the guy is telling the truth BUT it's something you dont really want to read about. This is all one big joke. He also has a nerve to issue the group buy members a dead line, bang out of order really when weve been waiting the best part of 6 months. I've got trading standards involved & have a letter to send off to him, But if he has changed his company name & he wants US to send the letter to V-SPORT will we be re-funed? If no refund what happens? over 25 people will be out of pocket & he will be laughing behind his computer screen.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 08 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The deadline as I understand is so that the refunds can be processed before the company is renamed.

Out of interest how many people from the 25 have been refunded already?
Luke

21st Oct 08 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't have that infomation, but i would say none because no one has said anything.
Jamie

21st Oct 08 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is he re-naming?
Pete_vxl

21st Oct 08 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he said he wasnt, i first brought it to the attention of everyone but apparently i just mis-heard him on the phone, loafofbrett phoned and he thought he said v-tuning too
Colin

21st Oct 08 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie
Why is he re-naming?

Why do companies usually rename offering the same service as before!?
Jamie

21st Oct 08 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bankrupt?
BarnshaW

21st Oct 08 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

administration and then the company start retrading under another name. In all fairness its a complete shambles, i know its not alot of peoples business who didnt enter into the group buy BUT i get the impression that alot of the users will just not bother pursuing a refund when dave a quotes all these "trading standard and retailer laws" . it makes me mad that he is blatantly going to make a profit out of inconveniencing people for several months.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 08 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Short answer is no one really knows.

Long answer usually involves money worries but it wouldn't be my place to say that.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 08 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
alot of the users will just not bother pursuing a refund
It's a fear but I don't see anyone writing off the money while it's still available.
Pete_vxl

21st Oct 08 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sending my letter tomorrow so the money should be in my account by friday... hopefully
BarnshaW

21st Oct 08 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
alot of the users will just not bother pursuing a refund
It's a fear but I don't see anyone writing off the money while it's still available.

dave a already said in this very thread someone called him up to get a refund and ended up saying "dont worry about it" thats 72 quid right then i bet. Altho in daves eye he thinks this was a "hoax" call in an attempt of someone scamming him.
BarnshaW

21st Oct 08 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of interest what happens to the money of anyone who does NOT pursue a refund? will this be kept by VSport/Vtuning?
AdZ9

21st Oct 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, its like if you put money into my account and then didn't both asking for it back i would just be able to keep it.
Pete_vxl

21st Oct 08 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i very much doubt it will go to charity
BarnshaW

21st Oct 08 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see, so i shud just quit my job in electronics industry and just go into setting up group buys on car forums?
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 08 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, but Dave does get hoax calls. Remember the one where the mother had to phone up because the son couldn't work it out, there were apparently phone calls off that from people pretending to be the mother. Hence why that one went quiet. I wouldn't be handing it out to just anyone.

Besides, if anyone says don't worry about it, that is their decision? Regardless of how difficult it looks it isn't impossible, and there is certainly a difference between what I consider difficult and what some of these buyers seem incapable of doing. Write a letter? Copy your bank statements? It's not hard.

I had a request from someone to write a letter for them - so I went to Google and typed in 'refund letter distance selling' and got this result - http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/making-complaint/template-letters/dsr_letter/

Now I've been suggesting doing that for weeks, probably months.

If anyone can't be arsed to paste that in to Word, print it and and put in a stamped envelope then really, do they deserve their money back. Legally they don't - buyers have obligations as well as sellers and one is to stand on your own feet.

[Edited on 21-10-2008 by Ian]
Colin

21st Oct 08 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
quote:
In all fairness its a complete shambles, i know its not alot of peoples business who didnt enter into the group buy BUT i get the impression that alot of the users will just not bother pursuing a refund when dave a quotes all these "trading standard and retailer laws" . it makes me mad that he is blatantly going to make a profit out of inconveniencing people for several months.

I wasn't part of the group buy but i can understand what you mean. I'm not part of this shambles but i actually got really angry reading this thread, purely for the fact that like you say alot of people won't bother hassling for money baclk (i'd prob be one of those too) so Dave has made "free" money pretty much. It's theft technically, but nothing has/will happen to him or his company to stop him doing it. Yes he maybe renaming, but i bet the same things keep happening.

Anyway, i'm staying out now and keeping my nose out as i'm not being very helpful and just getting more angry

Im the same, this is meant to be a club. I genuinly feel bad for the people that are being robbed here & cannot get my head around the cheek this guy has!!
jezza

21st Oct 08 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was part of the group buy. I paid £132 for two pairs of Depos for me and my mate.

Put the letter in the Post 1st class Friday evening, nothing to report yet.
Colin

21st Oct 08 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jezza
I was part of the group buy. I paid £132 for two pairs of Depos for me and my mate.

Put the letter in the Post 1st class Friday evening, nothing to report yet.

Small claims court, before he goes bust mate!

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it 22 database queries in 0.0255811 seconds