corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
21st Oct 08 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to give them written notice before issuing court proceedings, I just think that due to the 6 month odd delay it would not have done Vsport ANY harm to make any effort THEMSELVES to contact customers and get a refund sorted. i mean nearly half a year delay? thats ridiculous.
Pete_vxl

21st Oct 08 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even a letter from vsport explaining this would have been better, not on a public forum where everything gets misunderstood and arms and legs put on.
Dan Lewis

21st Oct 08 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

For court proceedings you can claim all the money back + interest. I have done this with a local suzuki dealership and i got £350 paid to me. If they ignore the letter the court will send bailiffs out.
a_j_mair

21st Oct 08 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont understand this at all

it has nothing to do with me and i do not wish to upset anyone or cause any conflict between any parties

If there was a group buy through V Sport surely v sport have a list of all names and addreses included and who has paid.

V-Sport cannot supply the goods they said they could?

If i am correct in that understanding ???

Why do V-Sport not just look up the list contact the people and refund them?

Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 08 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can only start that after you've done the basics yourself though any many people have not.
Luke

21st Oct 08 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ORDER FOR DEPO HEADLIGHTS PHONED THROUGH YOUR COMPANY ON 2ND MAY 2008

TRADING STANDARDS REFERENCE NUMBER: 095511

Dear sir/madam

I have been advised to put my position in writing by Oxfordshire county council trading standard service.

As you are aware I ordered depo headlights from your company and would like to take this opportunity to detail the following sequence of events.

1.) I ordered the depo headlights by phone on 2nd may 2008 paying £72 by visa debit card.
2.) When the depo headlights failed to arrive I made phone contact and it eventually became apparent you were unable to for fill the contract.
3.) When I asked for a refund you insisted on having detailed information of my bank account.

The supply of the depo headlights are governed by the Consumer Protection (DISTANCE SELLING) Regulations which amongst other conditions require you to supply the goods within 30 days unless an alternative date was agreed.

In view of your failure to supply the depo headlights I believe you are in breach of contract.
BarnshaW

21st Oct 08 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian is correct, BUT it shud not even need to come to court or trading standards? any DECENT seller or retailer would make a damn good effort to contact customers and refund them AND compensate them a bit (even if its a fricking free keyring) to keep their good reputation etc. there has been NONE whatsoever here.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 08 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you've answered your own question there Michael.
BarnshaW

21st Oct 08 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave a has shown none of that ian, even INSULTED one of the buyers in this thread? i mean that cant be for real. At the end of the day theres potentially 26 corsa owners left with a bad taste in their mouth and will more then likely not purchase from Vsport again. Shot himself in the foot IMO which is a shame because theres a good potential market on here.
Colin

21st Oct 08 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Refund along with an appology for fucking you around is all that is expected!

'Sorry for failing to complete this group buy, your cheques in the post'.........doesnt take any time at all to send out to folk to let them know where they stand.

Then issue a cheque to the list of people/address you were meant to send depo's to?

I dont understand whats difficult about that.
Colin

21st Oct 08 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I ordered a new TV off ARGOS online & they didnt have stock i'd get an email to say so along with an automatic refund so what excuses Vsport from this?
a_j_mair

21st Oct 08 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All seems very strange, now a company name change??

Bankrupt and no money for a refund? onpenign under a new name to write off existing debt?
Colin

21st Oct 08 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
All seems very strange, now a company name change??

Bankrupt and no money for a refund? onpenign under a new name to write off existing debt?

Would not surprise me at all, fairly new company with what looked like a large spend on set-up/equipment, possibly big loans used to furnish the place + might feel the pinch in the current times.

Why else rename, I mean its not like Pizza Hut rebranding to Pasta Hut is it!! Although I dont really get that one either!!
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 08 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there is some mileage in what you suggest but without the facts I would prefer that people don't guess.
Cosmo

21st Oct 08 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I dont understand whats difficult about that.

IF you dont have the money then you cant give the refund. My personal opinion was he did this for some short term cash flow - but that is purely opinion.

And the name change can have nothing to do with debts, it could be a purely business based decision. And it really depends how he is going about it, as its not as easy as closing one company and opening up another with a different name to wipe clear debts.
Mobby

21st Oct 08 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
how you can defend it makes me laugh ian. seriously open your eyes. theres no bandwagon. its bad trading
I agree it's bad - that is obvious. But how many people in this post are actually involved? How many people in the other posts are involved? The stuff is trashed because people who are not involved come along and post stuff which doesn't solve the problems.

this is a forum, iv learnt you cant stop people posting. but one thing you are not doing ian is putting anything under his name, if it was tom dick or harry then there would be a warning under his name. like cfuk. remember i was nearly ripped off, but i actually ended up receiving the item and it was alot sooner then 3 months let alone 5. answer that one
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 08 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Messages under peoples names are generally put there because they are either clearly deliberately ripping people off, or there are no contact details for them, or they actually have had money fraudulently. Dave is none of these.
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Oct 08 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think Dave needs anything under his name for people to know he is a bad trader.
Mobby

21st Oct 08 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Messages under peoples names are generally put there because they are either clearly deliberately ripping people off, or there are no contact details for them, or they actually have had money fraudulently. Dave is none of these.

i can see people getting ripped off. why are you not stopping him trade on here??

this is why we need a trader system (feedback), because you wont put anything under his name and people need to know

[Edited on 21-10-2008 by mobby]
Mobby

21st Oct 08 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jezza
I was part of the group buy. I paid £132 for two pairs of Depos for me and my mate.

Put the letter in the Post 1st class Friday evening, nothing to report yet.

its even worse for you because you get your mates aswell
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Oct 08 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
why are you not stopping him trade on here??
Page 15 -

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Luke
Stop him trading on here, will resolve alot of problems.
If you are up to date with the situation, which you appear not to be, the new/renamed company are not planning to trade anyway.

Will you please read what is written.
Nismo

21st Oct 08 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15 pages into a sentence for me please
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Oct 08 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, after this, I wouldnt buy a BLT of Dave if he manned a burger van at pvs 09.
CORSA NUT

21st Oct 08 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nismo have you still got the s2K mate?
Nismo

21st Oct 08 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes... want to buy it, up for sale kind of

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it 22 database queries in 0.1128371 seconds