corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it
strick206

User status: Offline
21st Oct 08 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S214_UPP
Yes there was a cock up with the group buy but it doesn't mean that dave should go to every single person within the group saying im sorry what shall I do?

You've got that all wrong, he arranged a group buy, accepted payment by bank transfer or cash in the bank because it was "easier"

Then held on to peoples money for 5 months at least, maybe to help his cash flow(a possibility, not a fact)?

Now he says he will issue refunds but you have to do the legwork, when for some people it is very very difficult to get a refund, but if he just went through his records and people confirmed the details they gave him, address etc, that should be enough

Also, i don't think he sent out emails to anyone confirming there purchases, so therefore imo it is unreasonable to ask for proof of purchase

[Edited on 22-10-2008 by strick206]
Brett
Premium Member

21st Oct 08 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Everyone is different, some of us are intelligent, others are pot smoking jumped up badgers with spelling problems

Ash_EP3

21st Oct 08 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
Yes there was a cock up with the group buy but it doesn't mean that dave should go to every single person within the group saying im sorry what shall I do?

It's customer service DUH

Yes....? and the customer should do something about it not wait for dave to sort it Dave has already stated what he wants in order for a customer to receive their money back if they can't be arsed then
Cosmo

21st Oct 08 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

And that gives you more of a right to post your opinion than anyone else?

No, im just saying i've seen it all before, and rather than sprouting poop, i've added factual information on what should and should not be done.

Not just an opinion.

There is a major difference.

I've added some relevent information, im not getting into the willy waving competition, theres enough male ego here as it is.

I think you'll find a lot of what has been posted in here already is as much factual info as you have and is far from people getting involved in what doesnt concern them or whatever the shite you wrote was.

Not just you have experience in these things you know so step down off that high horse.
Colin

21st Oct 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm with Dave tbh

Whenever I buy anything I always have some form of receipt (for example print screen of an online receipt etc) if people can't be arsed to go down to the bank then that's their problem

If a customer of a shop is unhappy with something they go/write/phone the shop not the other way around!

[Edited on 21-10-2008 by S214_UPP]

If I was running a group buy on something & it went tits up id be informing everyone & sending them a refund asap, as id know who they were from the information they sent me when they ordered/paid, it would have been my cock up so my proplem to solve....no one elses.

Isnt that simple instead of still arguing about it & making yourself look silly 5 months on!?
Sam
Premium Member

21st Oct 08 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes....? and the customer should do something about it not wait for dave to sort it Dave has already stated what he wants in order for a customer to receive their money back if they can't be arsed then

Please read below:

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

You've got that all wrong, he arranged a group buy, accepted payment by bank transfer or cash in the bank because it was "easier"

Then held on to peoples money for 5 months at least, maybe to help his cash flow?

Now he says he will issue refunds but you have to do the legwork, when for some people it is very very difficult to get a refund, but if dave just went through his records and people confirmed the details they gave him, address etc, that should be enough

Also, i don't think dave sent out emails to anyone confirming there purchases, so therefore imo it is unreasonable to ask for proof of purchase
BarnshaW

21st Oct 08 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Frankly, i have read this.

I see poor company management. A company who does not keep proper records, should the clients have not been invoiced from V-Sport (hence a copy of that invoice be kept). If this was the case, getting a refund would be no problem as V-Sport would know who has paid or not. Or do you not give invoices to your clients whent hey have paid for goods.

Poor company management, shades of PVD....

BUT

The guy who's whinging, sorry but you must be a right idiot, or have picked up no life skills.... You've paid for an item, thats fine. You've paid by cash, also fine....

But the fact you've paid for an item, and not got a receipt of any kind, is simply dumb as hell. Did your parents not give you any financial advise or consumer advice???

I keep ALL my receipts until a time of which they are not needed (6mths - 1 year). Why???? Well if that item has a problem, how the hell are you going to take it back and prove you bought such item from that shop???? Otherwise fraud is far easier than it already is.

So from what i read...

Young lad made a mistake, hasn't got receipt for paid item.

BUT

V-Sport also should have invoiced said bloke above, hence should have a record of payment. Then it simply is down to the customer to prove who he is.

Once proof of identity has been obtained (easy) then revert back to the invoice and send full refund to client.

Poor business management by V-Sport, and poor simple common sense by client.

Both need a kick up the arse.

As for the others getting whey to involved with what they think, with no relevence or help, please, get a life and concern yourself more with something else....

Im putting my opinion after seeing a previous Vauxhall tuning company go bust.

[Edited on 21-10-2008 by VXR]

pmsl u complete twat, u have just as much right as anyone to voice an opinion.
Ash_EP3

21st Oct 08 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And all this slating of Dave (whether they are joking or not) is a real shame for both Dave and V-sport

"I was going to buy an exhaust from you but now I'll ask elsewhere"

Because of one cock up! - it's a real shame

I not long ago purchased an exhaust from Dave A with no problems at all - secure payment, goods delivered on time, and good customer service

I don't think I know the big picture tho
Cosmo

21st Oct 08 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can only think you havent read and understood all this thread S214_UPP - as its 100% Dave's fault.

He never issued a receipt/invoice, he is expecting the customer to keep something from the bank to say he has paid - but this is NOT evidence of the company receiving his payment. If Dave is going to insist on POP to return the money then he should be expected to provide an invoive/receipt at time of purchase.
BarnshaW

21st Oct 08 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fact members have now stated they wont buy from him just SHOWS that they have read the thread and made their own decision. the right one IMO.
Cosmo

21st Oct 08 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And all this slating of Dave (whether they are joking or not) is a real shame for both Dave and V-sport

I not long ago purchased an exhaust from Dave A with no problems at all - secure payment, goods delivered on time, and good customer service

Put it this way - this isnt the first thread I have seen about him, but it will be for some as I think the others were in the PL. If he had come out and apologised in here and sorted it out in a timely manner then Id consider it as a mistake and possibly buy from him in the future - but with how he has acted in here I wouldnt buy anything from him even if he was the only place in the universe that sold it.

[Edited on 21-10-2008 by Cosmo]
Ash_EP3

quote:
I can only think you havent read and understood all this thread S214_UPP - as its 100% Dave's fault.

He never issued a receipt/invoice, he is expecting the customer to keep something from the bank to say he has paid - but this is NOT evidence of the company receiving his payment. If Dave is going to insist on POP to return the money then he should be expected to provide an invoive/receipt at time of purchase.

I only read the first few pages

[Edited on 21-10-2008 by S214_UPP]
Hammer

quote:

I felt the same way to begin with mate as it's the guys livelihood.

The facts started to become clearer that he's fleecing people though intentionally. He may be the nicest guy on the planet but he's conducting his dealing's in public and in a manner not befitting of a reputable company.

Anyway i think this thread is probably in danger of being closed now, he'll have no doubt complained and left Ian in a predicament again.
Ash_EP3

21st Oct 08 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

* I want Ian to sum it all up and conclude *
strick206

21st Oct 08 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason you may have not seen any other threads about problems with V-Sport S214_UPP is because all the past problems have been in threads he has started.

That gives him the option to trash them all, which he did, this one isn't by him so that's why it's still around
Brett
Premium Member

21st Oct 08 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Because of one cock up!

Errr, actually there's been several before now.
BarnshaW

21st Oct 08 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u dont need ian to, read it and make ur own decision. dont be a "sheep" as VXR put it.
Cosmo

21st Oct 08 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
u dont need ian to, read it and make ur own decision. dont be a "sheep" as VXR put it.

Does Daimo know you're on his high horse?!
BarnshaW

21st Oct 08 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry, il step down. he might not approve of it.
Colin

21st Oct 08 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
* I want Ian to insist Dave refunds all involved otherwise he gets a big red 'DO NOT TRADE' sign above his name *

Sam
Premium Member

21st Oct 08 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
sorry, il step down. he might not approve of it.

Yes stop getting on the bandwagon ...

Ash_EP3

21st Oct 08 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

argh ok, well I didn't know the "big picture" and therefore withdraw my input!

I'm just saying that imo: he's a nice chap and from what I have seen in previous threads he was considered a good seller - but I am unaware of other people's problems with him
ssj_kakarot

21st Oct 08 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i actually still cant believe people are defending him, i wonder if they would be saying the same thing if they were the ones who ordered something from him and now want a refund? nearly half a year down the line.

And as for the bank giving people the info of when they have paid into his account would they even do this? wouldnt it break data protection to walk into some one elses bank and ask the bank teller to give information of when a deposit was paid into some one elses account, as somepeople have already said they cant remember the exact date ect.

i meen surely wouldnt that meen any one could go into my bank with my sort code and acount number and ask about how much money has went into my account?

[Edited on 21-10-2008 by ssj_kakarot]

[Edited on 21-10-2008 by ssj_kakarot]
Mobby

21st Oct 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
As for the others getting whey to involved with what they think, with no relevence or help, please, get a life and concern yourself more with something else....

Im putting my opinion after seeing a previous Vauxhall tuning company go bust.

And that gives you more of a right to post your opinion than anyone else?

contradicting to the max!!!!
Xs

21st Oct 08 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing I dont get is he says people got receipts sent out from the card machine or have the bank stub, but as cosmo stated he should also issue invoices. How many of you have ordered from Demon Tweeks or Motorsportworld? You order and pay then get an invoice number, if you have any problems you phone them up with the invoice number and you can be identified straight away be it for a refund or to chase your order up.
I think this is where the problem has came from, it appears dave may just be a spanner monkey with no idea on how to conduct sales?! Yes, he can probably build you an exhaust or fit your new suspension kit and charge you for labour once he is done but when it comes to sales of goods he appears to fail.

Maybe he should go back to being a garage and not a shop?

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it 22 database queries in 0.0180678 seconds