corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
19th Oct 08 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol im not the tit who has quite blatantly ripped off a number of members, as said in this thread one potential customer for you has changed their mind. I hope others follow. cowboy.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th Oct 08 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ripped off?

I have offered a full refund

BarnshaW

19th Oct 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as u said earlier, the guy who rung you to get a refund and just said to leave it. more then likely a genuine customer, just made urself a tidy 70 quid on that one alone have u not?
gtitim

19th Oct 08 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW

u tit, u dont HAVE to have a receipt to obtain a refund. i work for one of the biggest global electronic companies in the world and if a customer loses their receipt then the retailer MUST hold copies of purchases for a set amount of time (much longer then the 5-8 months or whatever dave a had the depo buy for)

adult of you, as predicted. As a RETAILER, not a GLOBAL CORPORATION OF BOLLOCKS, i would expect you to provide proof of purchase. If a retailer was selling say £1/2m a year, there is no way on this earth they would trace a copy of the transaction for £72. With so many transactions at the same time for the same amount, the onus of proof is on the claimant, not the defendant, to provide proof of purchase. It's common sense. You order it, you keep receipt. What would happen if they had arrived and were then faulty. With no receipt, who's to say where they were bought from? Again, proof of purchase is required.

For your record, I was management for a major retailer for 5 yrs, and would not refund or even exchange/credit note without receipt. Company policy, meant i didnt have many trying it on as they soon cottoned on i wouldn't do it.
Brett
Premium Member

19th Oct 08 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
and if they have changed address, or changed job? (many addresses were work addresses)

..and?

This is where the lights were going to be delivered. Still don't see the problem tbh.
BarnshaW

19th Oct 08 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if a customer pays for an item via cash (can happen alot believe it or not) and they lose their receipt then thats not just the end of it. Please bear in mind that none of these people actually received goods either, Retailers DO have a responsibility to keep logs of all customer purchases for a set amount of time.
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neither do I.
Cosmo

19th Oct 08 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blatant attempt to con people out of their money tbh.

You will have a list of who ordered something in the group buy - or how would you know a. how many to order, and b. where to send them once the items came in?

You would also have a list of which of these members had paid - or how else would you know IF to send their item out when it came in?

The fact you havent sent a receipt out to each of the customers is one matter in itself. The fact you will obviously have details of who has ordered and who has paid yet havent personally contacted them all apologising for fucking up royally and offering them a refund asap is just a joke.

You said they were being lazt a few posts back - but IMO when you have had the cash sat in your bank for so long and making money from them Id suggest its you being lazy not doing all in your power to refund them.
Danny P

19th Oct 08 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
For your record, I was management for a major retailer for 5 yrs, and would not refund or even exchange/credit note without receipt. Company policy, meant i didnt have many trying it on as they soon cottoned on i wouldn't do it.

Aye, but I bet your company actually issues a receipt in the first place, something which (from what I can gather) Dave didn't do.

If he'd have issued receipts & then the customer would have lost the receipt, then fair enough, make them do the donkey work to prove they paid.

If he'd have issued receipts then there wouldn't even be all this trouble.

[Edited on 19-10-2008 by Danny P]
gtitim

19th Oct 08 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if a customer pays for an item via cash (can happen alot believe it or not) and they lose their receipt then thats not just the end of it. Please bear in mind that none of these people actually received goods either, Retailers DO have a responsibility to keep logs of all customer purchases for a set amount of time.

Correct, but then how can the customer prove they bought it? they can't. all a log on a company till will prove is that product x was sold for x amount on day y at time z. it wont prove who bought it. That would be down to the customer to prove, and short of CCTV, there is no real proof. word of retailer against word of customer. Retailer wont give refund on this basis.
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Retailers DO have a responsibility to keep logs of all customer purchases for a set amount of time.

Retailers also have a responsibility to ensure thet refunds are processed using the correct methods and are as secure as possible. confirming details for finacial transactions via U2U is not secure or a correct method.

Confirming your details via post with proof of who you are and that it genuinely was you that paid is the correct method.
Cosmo

19th Oct 08 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So how did you know who had paid you for the items and you were sending them to Dave? I means thats if you did intent to actually honour this group buy and werent fucking about to improve cash flow in the short term?

[Edited on 19-10-2008 by Cosmo]
BarnshaW

19th Oct 08 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but YOU have the details of who you sold them to. dont you think after 5 months or so YOU should be contacting people to get it sorted not vice versa?
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and EVERY member that was part of the group buy will have been issued with proof of payment.

The final reciept for the parts would be sent with the parts, not upon payment. Upon payment you recieve a payment reciept, which everyone was issued.
gtitim

19th Oct 08 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see fault on both parties here.

Dave A should have a list, but is equally right to ensure that he is refunding who paid, and not chancers hoping for a quick earner.

Users who bought should have kept their receipt/proof of payment, as they have a responsibility to do this too.

Maybe if all of us not involved kept their oar out, it would be less bitching than it is now??
Cosmo

19th Oct 08 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
and EVERY member that was part of the group buy will have been issued with proof of payment.

The final reciept for the parts would be sent with the parts, not upon payment. Upon payment you recieve a payment reciept, which everyone was issued.

In what form was it issued?

At the end of the day you have proof of purchase, and in good faith for royally fucking up you could EASILY sort this out for every single member.
Jake

Loafofbrett has it nailed on the head mate. While you're at it you may as well claim petrol costs for getting to and from the bank - twice and any loss of earning for doing it during working hours
Dave A

And yes, I do have peoples addresses, they just need to confirm them and provide proof of payment to get their refund.

The same as any UK based retailer would ask for.
BarnshaW

19th Oct 08 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what if they dont have the payment receipt anymore? maybe lost it? deleted it? what then?
Cosmo

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
Dave A should have a list, but is equally right to ensure that he is refunding who paid, and not chancers hoping for a quick earner.

How will chancers con him?

He will have a list of how has ordered and who has paid, or how else would he know how many to order and who to send them out to once they came in stock.
Dave A

quote:

If people paid by bank transfer, they would have a record of it with their bank. If they paid by card then the card processor would have automatically sent them a reciept to the address the card is registered to. If they paid by cash over the counter at a bank they will have been given a reciept. If they paid over the counter at the shop, they would have been given a reciept.
ali_corsa

19th Oct 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
Loafofbrett has it nailed on the head mate. While you're at it you may as well claim petrol costs for getting to and from the bank - twice and any loss of earning for doing it during working hours

what about interest that has been lost in youre £72 you could of had that in a savings account
Cosmo

19th Oct 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And yes, I do have peoples addresses, they just need to confirm them and provide proof of payment to get their refund.

The same as any UK based retailer would ask for.

Why when you have it and fucked up?

I'd fully understand if it was a standard customer maybe trying to return something, but the fact it was a group order, you have the records to hand of how has and hasnt paid, it would be easy for you to ask for proof of ID and then refund.
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so what if they dont have the payment receipt anymore? maybe lost it? deleted it? what then?

As I have already said, they just need to contact me. One member has been in this position and his refund has been processed.

FFS are people on this site stupid? one member even asked me if it would be ok to send me his passport in the post as proof of identity
Cosmo

19th Oct 08 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
If they paid by cash over the counter at a bank they will have been given a reciept.

Thats not proof of purchase FROM the retailer, thats proof they tried to send you money. All that proves is they put it in the banking system, they have no proof you received it. Which is why RETAILERS are meant to issue receipts.

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it 22 database queries in 0.1031871 seconds