corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it
John

User status: Offline
19th Oct 08 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm glad you've now had a look at the trading standards website and are now quoting it correctly instead of what you have been doing up until now.
Colin

19th Oct 08 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely you know who's sent you money, you've been on here long enough!?

Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th Oct 08 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay then, my number is in my sig.

anyone who wants a refund, ring me now with card details and your username and I will just give you some cash on your card.

do the sensible people on here see the serious opening for people to commit fraud if the above method was used rather than asking for proof of payment?
John

19th Oct 08 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you not have names and addresses of where you would be sending the lights out to.

I'd think it would be quite simple to confirm the details on that and method of payment.
Ben G

19th Oct 08 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dav, why don't you u2u every person who paid you with a ''codeword'' to ring up and tell you.

that way you will know they are the correct people and not fraudsters...

it's not difficult, you're just being an arse about it as you don't want to pay the money back.

shame really, i was looing into buying an exhaust off you as i heard your work was good.

now i think i'll go elsewhere.
Ryan

19th Oct 08 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think everybody sees your point dave, its just the fact that you must know who has paid you, other wise how would you know who to send the lights too if they had arrived at you?
K17STY

19th Oct 08 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i bought something say 6 months ago you should be able to tell me what and for how much if i called.

At the very least you should have products sold on a specific date for your account books alone?

And if your worried about fraud send out cheques in the name of the people who bought the stuff.

[Edited on 19-10-2008 by K17STY]
Xs

19th Oct 08 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its funny how there are always these posts about V-spunk and Dave A but he seems to always think he is in the right. You are clearly a bit of a del boy as no way all the posts about you and your company can be down to mistakes by users of CS, I think you are a liar and a fraud and people should simply stop trading with you.
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I will not U2U members with a 'codeword'

I will ask for people to request a refund and provide proof of payment, as I am entitled to legally and as my bank has advised me to do so.

If people do not wish to do this then they should contact me and tell me why they cannot achieve this, upon which we will look at other options (not codewords by U2U)

The only people that are being difficult are the people that are failing to be proactive and going down the correct route to obtain their refund.

look at it this way, if you ordered something from a shop and had paid for it, then the shop couldnt get the item in, you couldnt just turn up and say "this is my name, give me my money back please" they would ask for proof of who you were, how you paid or at least proof that you ordered and paid in the first place.

expecting anything other than this is unreasonable.
Xs

19th Oct 08 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely if they provide their name and address then you can refund them as you must have these details in order to post the lights out to.
It seems to me you are trying to make it awkward and trying to keep the peoples money.
Ben G

19th Oct 08 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the company would ask my name and the first line of my address then they would give me my refund.

i've done that before with a well known company with no problems.
Colin

19th Oct 08 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
No, I will not U2U members with a 'codeword'

I will ask for people to request a refund and provide proof of payment, as I am entitled to legally and as my bank has advised me to do so.

If people do not wish to do this then they should contact me and tell me why they cannot achieve this, upon which we will look at other options (not codewords by U2U)

The only people that are being difficult are the people that are failing to be proactive and going down the correct route to obtain their refund.

look at it this way, if you ordered something from a shop and had paid for it, then the shop couldnt get the item in, you couldnt just turn up and say "this is my name, give me my money back please" they would ask for proof of who you were, how you paid or at least proof that you ordered and paid in the first place.

expecting anything other than this is unreasonable.

If you bought something from a shop you'd get a receipt or invoice..........did your customers get either?

Your really backing yourself into a corner here as to any future business from folk on this site. It looks bad, thats all!!
K17STY

19th Oct 08 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely tho if it was a group buy, or you were waiting for item to come in before you posted it then your aware he had paid, or you wouldnt be posting in the first place.

He has already stated he has not proof of payment, can you not check your records for money transfered into your account that day with the reference or the sort code of the bank he was at as the reference. I doubt the bank will be able to help him its more your end that needs checking.
Xs

19th Oct 08 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another valid point, you really should be posting out invoices with invoice numbers for customers to use as reference when contacting you regarding chasing their orders for 8 months.
Clearly the people wanting their money back will be the only folk to know their name and address, so I suggest if they phone with these details that you refund them and atleast try save some face in this whole thing.
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes colin, If people paid by bank transfer, they would have a record of it with their bank. If they paid by card then the card processor would have automatically sent them a reciept to the address the card is registered to. If they paid by cash over the counter at a bank they will have been given a reciept. If they paid over the counter at the shop, they would have been given a reciept.

all they have to do is provide this proof and refund will be made, 2 refunds have been given so far, 1 to someone that didnt have a reciept but could prove they had paid by other means.

ringing me up and claiming to be someone will not get anyone a refund, neither will complaining on the internet.

We did get a call on friday by someone asking for a refund, they couldnt remember the address they had requested postage to, all they could confirm was their name and username and asked for me to put a refund onto a card for them. I refused their reply was: "dont worry then" which led me to think that they were trying it on. hence the need to make the process of refunds as secure as possible.
Xs

19th Oct 08 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taking a transaction with a card terminal does not send a receipt automatically...
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it does if you have online card processing with HSBC. You have the option for the payment reciept to be sent automatically, hence the reason we ask for the house number and postcode that the card is registered to.
Xs

19th Oct 08 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still seems like your trying to do everything possible to keep folks money.
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, to me it seems that everyone is making it as hard as possible for me to refund their money.

take 30 seconds to write a request for a refund following the steps outlined in the classifieds post and its really that simple!
col

19th Oct 08 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
dav, why don't you u2u every person who paid you with a ''codeword'' to ring up and tell you.

that way you will know they are the correct people and not fraudsters...

it's not difficult, you're just being an arse about it as you don't want to pay the money back.

shame really, i was looing into buying an exhaust off you as i heard your work was good.

now i think i'll go elsewhere.

i think thats great idea to behonest
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sending codewords over a website does not appear in the reccomendations that are given to businesses by the office of fair trading to ensure that refund situations are kept safe and legal.

However, the process I have requested that people follow is.
Danny P

19th Oct 08 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave - Do you have a list of who has, and hasn't paid you?

If you do, is XSIHardy's name on it?

If you do, and it is, then he has clearly paid you hasn't he? So why not just send him the money back.....

Surley as a seller you have a record of who ordered what, who has paid what, how they paid, if you have refunded them already etc etc
K17STY

19th Oct 08 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should all be in the books
Dave A

19th Oct 08 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny, that isnt the problem, people simply are not requesting the refunds that they are due, they expect to just get the refund by ringing me with a username over the phone, which will not happen.
jamied

19th Oct 08 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just read the whole lot... what a fucking fiasco
its pretty obvious to dave who has paid and who hasnt isnt it?!
All this process shit to get a refund is crap.
If they were ticked off as paid and now they are not getting the item they should have got a u2u asking "sorry for all the inconvenience, how should i send you the refund"

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when u have paid for some thing yet can not prove it 22 database queries in 0.1122341 seconds