corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Outstanding customer service!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Outstanding customer service!
TNM

User status: Offline
26th Jun 06 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got an N70 in january. stopped charging a few months ago.
Went into the shop and had a 45 min argument with the 12 year old shop manager who didnt know very much about phones or the law.

He told me that they didnt have any contracts in the shop to look at when I challenged him about the terms and conditions of the contract

Any way got fed up and told him to fuck off and got a round of appluse by the 20 odd people waiting behind me in the shop.

Emailed o2 and told them what had happened and that i now had a broken phone.

Had no reply after a week so sent them another email.

Got a reply on Friday saying sorry about the problems blah blah send the phone back to us and we will send one out the same day.

I thought i would send it end of this week before i go on holiday.

Saturday i got an email saying they are sending me a replacement now and to send mine back with in 30 days

Now the funny thing is that before when i had sent them emails they didnt reply.

I was moaning to some one in the resturant in work about how poor o2 was only to find out it was one of the big wigs from o2

Spoke to him about it and all of a sudden they are falling over them selves to help me
Jason Iles

26th Jun 06 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a big wig

dna23

26th Jun 06 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o2 sorted me out when my w800i wiped my memory stick, just spoke to the right people and she got me a brand new one free of charge

Seems the w800i is crap in terms of wiping memory cards and that though!

Glad its sorted timmy.
3CorsaMeal

26th Jun 06 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Iles
I have a big wig

thats well amazing

got any more?
Tom

26th Jun 06 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just swapped my k750 for a w800
--Dave--
Banned

26th Jun 06 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a V3, it can hold 1 song
dna23

26th Jun 06 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I've just swapped my k750 for a w800

It's not bad at all

Just don't plug in ure memory card and disconnect it without doing it properly
Tom

26th Jun 06 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok won't do
Jambo

26th Jun 06 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet you the managert of o2 knows a shitload more than you.

Nothing pisses me off more than bloody customers who watched watchdog once and think they know everyting. The man you were talking to was doing his job as 02 would have told him to. He willsurely know the rules as thats what he does everyday.

Because it wasnt very helpfull you assume hes bieng a prick. Without knowing the finer details id say the procedures o2 place down would be the same as orang or any other network. A shop is exactly that. A shop if you want to buy something go there if any other queries are needed phone customer servioces the hint is in the title.

If the guy in the shop has 3 options to give to you (given by his employer) and they dont suit you he is not being a prick he is doing his job.

The reason the bigwig helped you out is because he will be interested to help you and be unaware of all store level procedure problems and be able to authorise anything, as hes the boss.

So please stop the slagging of people in phone shops. Its uninformed and generally speaking far from the truth.

I apologise if the manager was a cock and really wasnt doing his job and was a twat, but working in a phone shop i get all these nobbers claiming to know their rights, when they couldnt be further from the truth. It pisses me right off and is a constat frustration and its quite funy that none of them are right and no matter if they are "going to the papers" or trading standards its funny how they never win?

[Edited on 26-06-2006 by Jambo]
Matt H

26th Jun 06 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nail on the head Jambo

Did he offer to send the phone away for repair?
Tom

26th Jun 06 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The exact reason I would never work in customer services type environment again, everything you do or try to do is dictated by procedures and regulations it's annoying as feck especially when you agree with the customer
Adam_B

26th Jun 06 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not just phone shops, its working in retail in general, you can only do what your told. Most of the time people think your being a prick, but id rather that than get sacked for doing shitloads of returns and stuff.
TNM

26th Jun 06 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jombone calm donw.

I have worked in retail.

The first person I spoke to was very unhelpful. She said they didnt have any loan phones. I asked her if she could check the other store which she did in a grunt. I then asked if it was possible to reserve one and she said no. The only thing i could do was ring up every day. I said if that was the case would they hold on to it so i could get in to the shop the same day and she said no.

She then said it stated in the terms and conditions of the contact that a loan phone would not always be available. I asked to see a contract and she said they didnt have one.
The manager then said the same thing.

Now im sure you should know that by law if some one is to sign a contract one must be available to view. And if one isnt then one can be requested in writting.

The manager had an attitude problem from the start.

The person I spoke to who was in my office has nothing to do with any of the stores.

So I do know my rights and the staff were being very unhelpful.
dna23

26th Jun 06 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have this at work all the time...

Thing is, if someone goes high enough (well in my company anyway) we'll usually do what is requested so long as it's fairly reasonable because they can't be bothered to deal with the hassle.

Personally not the way i'd run business but it is the way it's done.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
not just phone shops, its working in retail in general, you can only do what your told. Most of the time people think your being a prick, but id rather that than get sacked for doing shitloads of returns and stuff.

I have this a lot Adam to, I can really see their point of view and side with them but due to regulations .etc we can't do anything and it makes me come across as having a bad attitude

[Edited on 26-06-2006 by dna23]
Matt H

26th Jun 06 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TNM
Jombone calm donw.

I have worked in retail.

The first person I spoke to was very unhelpful. She said they didnt have any loan phones. I asked her if she could check the other store which she did in a grunt. I then asked if it was possible to reserve one and she said no. The only thing i could do was ring up every day. I said if that was the case would they hold on to it so i could get in to the shop the same day and she said no.

She then said it stated in the terms and conditions of the contact that a loan phone would not always be available. I asked to see a contract and she said they didnt have one.
The manager then said the same thing.

Now im sure you should know that by law if some one is to sign a contract one must be available to view. And if one isnt then one can be requested in writting.

The manager had an attitude problem from the start.

The person I spoke to who was in my office has nothing to do with any of the stores.

So I do know my rights and the staff were being very unhelpful.

Which contract?

Your phone contract? - what you pay a month & what you get
or your purchase contract?

This is to do with the contract formed at the time of purchase & would mainly come under the sales of goods act.

They have to provide a service to either repair or replace the item. It is up to them which they choose to do but normally it would be to repair if outside of the "reasonable amout of time" they set to screen for inherently faulty products (normally 28 days).

By looking in your warrenty details in your handbook you got with your phone you will see that it doesn't say anything about a loan phone. Any form of service like this the retailer provides is purely off their own backs. Bottom line is they don't have to do it.

If they don't have any in at the time they can't give you one. Simple as. Nor can they have peoples phones lying around unaccounted for. However them not offering to ring you when one comes in isn't exactly helpful. As for ringing other stores that would start to get complicated & you'd just be pissed off about having to travel.

I've sent my 8800 off through O2 multiple times to be fixed. Its a much quicker service than we have.
TNM

26th Jun 06 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pay monthly contract maffo. The other shop is about 800 meters away.
I also have never signed a contract (physical pen to paper) which the manager said he didnt belive.

I wasnt asking for my phone to be left in the shop i was asking for them to let me know when a 3G loan phone was in.
This was asfter he tried to put my simcard in a 2G phone and it didnt work. Which i had already told him that it wouldnt work.
Matt H

26th Jun 06 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TNM
pay monthly contract maffo. The other shop is about 800 meters away.
I also have never signed a contract (physical pen to paper) which the manager said he didnt belive.

No its to do with your purchase contract IE your warrenty

If you did it over the phone you wouldn't sign a contract. If you did it in a shop you would

We've not had any problems putting 3G sims into other phones
TNM

26th Jun 06 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When they have tried it and my self the sim card wont register in the phone.
Mad Moe

26th Jun 06 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm my O2 3G Sim still works in a 2G phone
Matt H

26th Jun 06 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you try touching his dangly bits?
TNM

26th Jun 06 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
Did you try touching his dangly bits?

Too be honest he didnt look old enough.

If it was you on the other side of the counter tho maffo I would have. Either that or kicked you in the cunt.
Matt H

26th Jun 06 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have kicked you in the bum hole
BlueCorsa

27th Jun 06 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL how did I guess this was about O2. They are utter shoot.
BlueCorsa

27th Jun 06 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I bet you the managert of o2 knows a shitload more than you.

Nothing pisses me off more than bloody customers who watched watchdog once and think they know everyting. The man you were talking to was doing his job as 02 would have told him to. He willsurely know the rules as thats what he does everyday.

Because it wasnt very helpfull you assume hes bieng a prick. Without knowing the finer details id say the procedures o2 place down would be the same as orang or any other network. A shop is exactly that. A shop if you want to buy something go there if any other queries are needed phone customer servioces the hint is in the title.

If the guy in the shop has 3 options to give to you (given by his employer) and they dont suit you he is not being a prick he is doing his job.

The reason the bigwig helped you out is because he will be interested to help you and be unaware of all store level procedure problems and be able to authorise anything, as hes the boss.

So please stop the slagging of people in phone shops. Its uninformed and generally speaking far from the truth.

I apologise if the manager was a cock and really wasnt doing his job and was a twat, but working in a phone shop i get all these nobbers claiming to know their rights, when they couldnt be further from the truth. It pisses me right off and is a constat frustration and its quite funy that none of them are right and no matter if they are "going to the papers" or trading standards its funny how they never win?

[Edited on 26-06-2006 by Jambo]

please GTF.

I really hope you don't believe any of that shoot, most people working in Orange shops don't know their arse from their elbow, it's always been like that because Orange provide fcuk all training for their shop staff.
supacook2k

27th Jun 06 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've never had a problem with them
2 years ago i got the samsung e800 on contract, after 1 month the lcd broke so took it back to the shop, they sent it for repair and gave me a spare phone, a week after having the phone back it happened again. got the phone back again and still broke so as you would imagine not very happy but they replaced my phone after the 3rd time.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll