corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Interview Tips plz

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Interview Tips plz
Happy_2008

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 04 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi people,
As i have just finished uni i am currently looking for a job in my local area. I have my 1st ever interview with Nationwide soon and would like some tips on the questions they are likely to ask me. I know appearance is everything so obviously i will be turning up in a suit etc.
Also i have gathered some questions they are most likely to ask:

1) Why do you want this job?
2) Where do you see your self in 5 years etc?

What would be the best response for Q1???? Obviously i would say i would like to be in the same company but at a higher position for Q2.
stevegreetham

22nd Oct 04 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just be yourself mate. A mate of mine went for a similar job and the interviewer got him to try and sell her some flowers, a sot of role play set up. Spot on with your appearance mate, remember you never get a second chance to make a first impression...be polite, keep eye contact etc are also things that you should be doing. If you are struggling to look into the interviewers eyes directly then look just above them in the middle of their head, just above the top of their nose....this is meant to give them the impression you are looking into their eyes :s
good luck mate.
p.s. dont feed hem bullshit, just what they want to know

[Edited on 22-10-2004 by stevegreetham]
Stuckey

22nd Oct 04 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the job involve e.g. customer service

if its customer service say i enjoy helpig people solve their problems or whatever
corsa_sri04

22nd Oct 04 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i had an interview with barcleys bank they asked how would i benefit the company, what my aims/goals where etc also when they ask if you have any questions always try and think of some i asked about the training for the job about ongoing support etc and how important it was to focus on customers etcalso about whether they had a mystery customer sceem and about bonus etc .. this all helped and they offered me second interview
Happy_2008

23rd Oct 04 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its for a branch customer advisor. I have thought of some questions i.e:

1) Is the training scheme ongoing and will it provide me with all the neccessary skills?
2) Are employee efforts rewarded with promotion opportunities?

Anymore questions u guys think i should ask?
Ally

23rd Oct 04 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask about company pension and benefits, training programs and opportunities for progression.

Mention that you think the job will be a 'step on the ladder' and that you are looking for a company that you can get into and work for for a very long time.

If its a CS position you will probably need some experience, if you do then make sure you that highlight all the relevant duties of your old job that would be similiar to this one.

Talk about any skills you may have, a cs position for a bank means that you'll need to be very 'yes sir no sir' and be able to listen to people scream cry and moan at you without taking it personally.

Yes, i did used to work in recruitment
leni

23rd Oct 04 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end, your very last question should be!

Thank you, you have answered all my queries, now is their anything that you would like me to clarify that I have said during this interview?

they love it!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Interview Tips plz 23 database queries in 0.0105410 seconds