corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Orange (mobile) how much grief

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Orange (mobile) how much grief
mattyboy199

User status: Offline
9th Jul 04 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ordered a new phone from orange nokia 6230, so it arrives today & suprise its a sony ericsson k700i, so i get on the phone to them to be told thats what i ordered (never even new about this model or its exsistance). Ordered a bag to return it in, & then asked if i can order my nokia 6230, i was told until the phone is returned i can t order it, so i said well look its not my fault why should i have to wait. Anyway apparently systems are down no one can do anything i m getting the arse & i ve been told that the nokia 6230 is in stock & then its not in stock what the fuck are they playing seems to me their trying to fob me off with an equivilent phone.

Surely new customers should be treated with upmost importance ?

Surely i should be told if the phone i want is not in stock i m considering cancelling altogether.
1600power

9th Jul 04 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer their fobbing u off m8 tbh theirs plenty of other providers that will be more than happy to take ur money off ya hands and treat u with abit of respect!

my advice is call them again and then complain about the way u've been treated and say that u might go elsewhere! they shud give u some sort of credit to make u change ur mind!
mattyboy199

9th Jul 04 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gonna send an email first
Gregor

9th Jul 04 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on the phone to them for an hour the other night trying to get my sister's phone unlocked
mattyboy199

9th Jul 04 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think 3 are the worst for customer service, but these people assume you will make do with what they send you to top it off they still charged me £50 for the phone
1600power

9th Jul 04 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattyboy199
i think 3 are the worst for customer service, but these people assume you will make do with what they send you to top it off they still charged me £50 for the phone

thats because their customer service departments in frikin Dubai
Matt H

9th Jul 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

orange are probably the best network in the uk

ok so they made abit of a fuck up when you ordered but if their computers aren't working they cant do anything till they are working again. it would be illegal & way to stupid for them to supply you a differant phone to what you ordered so dont be thinking they did it on purpose!

its only a phone & you have 1 to use in the mean time so just relax its friday night
Matt H

9th Jul 04 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 & o2 are terrible for customer services
mattyboy199

9th Jul 04 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1600power
quote:

thats because their customer service departments in frikin Dubai

Yeah 3 s is not orange
mattyboy199

9th Jul 04 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by matt h

ok so they made abit of a fuck up when you ordered but if their computers aren't working they cant do anything till they are working again. it would be illegal & way to stupid for them to supply you a differant phone to what you ordered so dont be thinking they did it on purpose!

its only a phone & you have 1 to use in the mean time so just relax its friday night

What so your telling me by chance they happened to send me a phone of the same value & equivilent features.
Dom

9th Jul 04 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally, i think orange and vodaphone a pretty much crap. There both as expensive as each other and gave me alot of hassle in the past, and other people i know...plus a orange signal is ni-impossible around here

Best customer services ive had is from my virgin PAYG phone. Ive must have foned them about 20 odd times and all calls are answered by a member of stuff within a minute or so Plus virgin's tariff is cheap as chips, for a PAYG tariff

Never experienced O2 (apart from i have shares in mmO2 and BT), but they seem alot cheaper than orange/voda

back to the topic though, best bet matt do what 1600power said and tell them you have be treated badly and that your sending the phone back and getting the same phone from a different provider, unless they can sort it out ASAP. If they dont, then tell them where to go and go with O2 or voda
mattyboy199

9th Jul 04 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i ve sent them a email of the above post with a bit more detailed added so see what happens, i also got hold of the fax number for complaints.
Matt H

9th Jul 04 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

What so your telling me by chance they happened to send me a phone of the same value & equivilent features.

yes
mattyboy199

9th Jul 04 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well u either work for orange or ur jus an ignorent person
Matt H

9th Jul 04 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i work for the link

its a mistake. do you really think that they did this on purpose & that you wouldnt notice??
damon

9th Jul 04 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ordered a 6230 from the link, the website said they where in stock, the next day i get a phone call, your phone, will be delivered in 3 weeks its out of stock atm, so i said that fine.

next day phone comes, same time as i ordered a crappy nokia 7210 off ebay whilst i wait.

i put in the contract sim card, never worked, left it a few days, contacted them tellin them that my contract wasn't working as i didn't want to pay full price for the phone.

2 days later i got a replacement sim, same thing happened again. i go onto the link webste and try and log into my account, but came back as invalid account. got left with a £250 phone and 2 inactive sim cards for nothing. got the benefits of a great phone for nothing and pay as you go.

the link have never been in touch with me and its been over 2 months so looks like they couldn't be arsed with me and my problems.
BlueCorsa

9th Jul 04 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Link website are fcukwits - they only let you order 2 payg phones in your lifetime and then that's your limit !?! Either they are running their website at a loss, or they don't want to make profit?

I work in an Orange shop - and Orange are just as much a pain in the arse to us as they have been to matty when they fcuk up - they connected the wrong phone number for one of our customers and then they want us to do the running around to sort it out

Unfortunately you will just have to return the K700i and then order the 6230 once they have received that one back. AFAIK the 6230 is out of stock both at Orange themselves and in all Orange shops - my store has a waiting list of over 50 people who want one - if I could make them myself then I'd be a millionnaire...
Matt H

9th Jul 04 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the link website is completly wank

makes us look really bad in store when its actually a totally differant company that pay dixons/the link to use our name

we've got quite afew 6230's on all networks except o2 (will be some in stores by weekend). really dont understand why the orange retail stores are so under stocked
Joff

9th Jul 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Orange are trying to give you a DECENT phone rather than let you be another Nokia owner.
BlueCorsa

10th Jul 04 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the link website is completly wank

makes us look really bad in store when its actually a totally differant company that pay dixons/the link to use our name

we've got quite afew 6230's on all networks except o2 (will be some in stores by weekend). really dont understand why the orange retail stores are so under stocked

Because our upgrades are so cheeap

Got my 6230 as soon as the first batch arrived from Orange though

Tariq
Adam-D

10th Jul 04 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im on voda its never fucked up in erm 5 years or more they get a
nickyboy01

10th Jul 04 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had Vodaphone, Orange and O2

The best i have to say is O2, nevr had a problem getting thru to the customer service, a few mins at most to get thru which wasnt bad IMHO. Signal is second to none, never had a bad signal anywhere even in the depths of Cornwall. Was on Orange before and was constantly losing signal, bear in mind this was less that a year ago. Couldnt use it in Tesco etc whereas i can with O2. Didnt have to phone the customer service so cant comment on them.

Voda, dont get me started, no signal anywhere and expensive calls

New Poll