corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Battery drain issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battery drain issue
jasesaint

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 17 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Hoping someone can give advice or signposting to an auto-electrician?

I have a Corsa C20xe that was bought already modified. The issue I have is battery will drain after 4 or 5 days of being stood. It's had new battery and bigger rated batteries but issue remains. I disconnect a terminal which stops the issue but hoping to make it a daily drive soon but need reliability after long weekends etc.

Any ideas of a cause or someone that could look at in in Nort West or North East? Cheers
jay.jay

4th Aug 17 at 06:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to put a multimeter inline between the negative terminal and negative battery post when the car is locked and doors shut etc. Wait about 20 minutes and see what the current draw is. Should be no more than 0.03 amps ideally. If it's higher then you need to start pulling fuses one at a time to try and identify which circuit it is that's the issue. (Don't turn the ignition on with the multimeter in line!!) If it's been converted to 2.0 I'd check where they have taken the feed for the ECU etc.
jasesaint

6th Aug 17 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent, will try thank you!

Although I stumbled upon a local auto-electrician that has thermal imaging cameras to show where current is 'leaking'.

Clever stuff!

New Poll