corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anybody who know's your wire colours help! ITS WORKING! last update

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anybody who know's your wire colours help! ITS WORKING! last update
westsidecorsa

User status: Offline
7th Dec 04 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i bought a motorized screen recently. It seems simple to connect but the instructions are terrible as its from honk kong or something! anyway, there are 4 wires, red, black, yellow and blue. The red and yellow wires are both fused. I am guessing red is positive and black is earth? so connected them up and the lighs come on the unit but nothing works, buttons dont work and it doesnt flip out etc. So i am wondering what the yellow wire is? apparently the blue one is for a parking sensor so i am not bothered about that?

If anyone could help that would be great

BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR NEXT PROBLEM! \/

[Edited on 08-12-2004 by westsidecorsa]

[Edited on 01-01-2005 by westsidecorsa]
neiliosxi

7th Dec 04 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, your right with the red and black! The yellow wire is the switching live. red is permanent live thats why the unit is on. there should be a yellow on your iso plug just run it to the screen, this wire becomes live when u switch on your ignition. blue will be for the handbrake switch so the screen only works when the handbrake is on, just leave it.
hope this helps

[Edited on 07-12-2004 by neiliosxi]
Richie

7th Dec 04 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no for the screen to work, you need to connect the blue to a ground
neiliosxi

7th Dec 04 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is just loose on alpine motorised
westsidecorsa

7th Dec 04 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats great mate, do you mean the iso plug that plugs into the back of the headunit? basically i am running the head unit as well as the screen, so could i just splice into the yellow wire and run it to both?
Sorry about all the questions but u seem to know what your talking about!

also, is the swithing live just a positive from the battery basically, what i mean is, in theory could i run it from the battery via a switch? so i could switch it on manually if i wanted? thans for the help!
westsidecorsa

7th Dec 04 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is exactly what the dodgy instructions say:

Connect the wire ACC (red) to the lighter button.
Connect BATT (yellow) to the storage battery wire
connect backing wire(blue) to backing button or backup wire.
GND (black)

What the hell is the lighter button??
Richie

7th Dec 04 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oke doke.

Red - Ignition live or take it to a switch
Yellow - Permanent live
Blue - Ground
Black - Ground

then all should work
westsidecorsa

7th Dec 04 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, ill try get some pics up later of the 2 headunits working together unless i come across more problems!
Dom

7th Dec 04 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best bet mate, wire the yellow iginition wire to the barrel, or to a perm live if you want it on all the time etc

and yea, usually you need to wire the blue wire to ground if you want the screen on all the time
westsidecorsa

8th Dec 04 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok wired it up, works fine with the engine off but the minute i turn the engine on the screen goes black, the picture is still on but there is no backlight, then when i turn the engine off it goes normal again??

How could the screen know the engine is on?

Its wired to negative on the battery, positive on the battery, and the remote lead of my head unit tells it when to turn on and off??

Please help
Dom

8th Dec 04 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there only 4 wires in the screens ISO block??

you might have a lumination wire (usually orange) that needs to be connected. Although personally i would wire your iginition wire (yellow) to the barrel...that way it only comes on with the keys in etc etc

Also, make sure the blue wire is connected to ground (body work etc etc)...

although i dont understand where you remote lead from your other headunit comes in to play????
Richie

8th Dec 04 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet you have wired the blue to the remote lead.

You need to connect it to a GROUND. Otherwise when you turn on the ignition, it sends a positive feed to the blue wire. When the ignition is off, it switches to a ground.
westsidecorsa

9th Dec 04 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes there is only 4 wires in the ISO block,

I am sure the blue wire is for reverse camera as i tried it connected to an earth and it made no difference.

At the moment, i have yellow to the battery positve, black to battery negative, and the red on i have wired the red one to the remote from my head unit, so when i turn my head unit on, the screen comes on.

But the minute start the engine the screen goes off??
Richie

9th Dec 04 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably due to the current drain, have u tried pressing the power on switch after you start the car?
westsidecorsa

9th Dec 04 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, sometimes when i start the car it stays on, but if i press the button for it to go back in again, when it comes out it goes off?

would thincker wire to the battery be better? i am only using thin stuf at the moment
Richie

10th Dec 04 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think you need to get someone to look at it for you mate

sounds like a wiring issue or a battery drain issue.
Dom

10th Dec 04 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF mate?

the red wire is perm live, so that goes to the pos on your battery. Black to ground, and yellow to either perm live or the ignition barrel, then blue to ground.

If you want the display to turn on with your HU, then wire a relay to your remote lead (make sure its rated to that of the HU) and then wire the yellow wire through that, then to the battery/ignition etc

edit -

p.s - only thing is that you might loose settings on your screen...but im 99% sure you wont

[Edited on 10-12-2004 by Dom]
Richie

10th Dec 04 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt sound like he's had enough time with the screen to make any settings
westsidecorsa

11th Dec 04 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm interesting... well i tried wiring it straight into the ISO lead of my headunit this time, exactly the same thing happens??

How can something so simple be so difficult!
Dom

11th Dec 04 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you shouldnt wire it to your HU loom, because its only rated to that of the HU.

Create your own loom, ie: wires to battery etc

easiest way to check out is to wire the red and yellow (perm live and ignition) straight to the battery (with a fuse obviously!) and then the black and blue to ground and see what happens. You should be able to switch it on with the ignition off, then start your car and see what happens...it shouldnt dull down...if it does, then it must be a fault, as there isnt anything to cause it...although you could try disconnecting the blue from ground and tape it up and see what happens
westsidecorsa

20th Dec 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok - this is getting a joke now, basically had the screen tested and it works fine, the problem is when the car is started the alternating current causes the screen to go black - think this may be a safety thing? anyway, i think if i buy some sort of device that stops the current changing? im guessing halfords or some ice shop sell them?? then the problem should be solved!
Dom

21st Dec 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phone up the customer services of who ever makes it mate, as it sounds abit fooked to me...never heard or seen a screen that switches the backlight off when you start the car

you sure there isnt a orange/lum wire that should be connected to your lights or anything? its the only thing i can think of - switching on lights, cause screen to dim/go out to stop distraction etc

you say its the alternating current....you what???? its all DC mate, so nothing changes in terms of the power alternating like AC

what if you wire everything up bar the yellow ignition wire...does that solve it?? maybe applying power on that causes the backlight to switches off
westsidecorsa

21st Dec 04 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The screen is from ebay mate, there is no make on it as its one from Honk Kong or something.

I have basically given up on it as i dunno whats wrong must be faulty!
Dom

21st Dec 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, im guessing its fecked mate....complain to who ever you got it from mate
westsidecorsa

1st Jan 05 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok , final update - Its working! basically i discovered it had a sensor in that could sense the change in current when the engine was started and it turned the screen off for safety. So my dad built a regulator using a diode or something! to keep the current at exactly 12 volts, worked a treat!

Thought u might be interested Dom as u seem pretty clued up about this sort of stuff!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll