corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » change of subject, ***fan wiring to cool the amp***

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author change of subject, ***fan wiring to cool the amp***
langey

User status: Offline
   10th Aug 04 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i orderd my ice off 2 websites, 1 was mcs-direct.co.uk the other was caraudiodirect.com

not heard nowt from them about my oreder wether its been prcessed or what.

i ordered saturday night, fair enough no one will be in till monday, but is it just me, or should it only take them 1 day to process the card details, then package it up then send it, i.e me recive it today (tuesday) or wednesday, and i aint had any emails sayin such an item is not in stock.

also i ahve emailed both website asking about it, yet to recive jack.

[Edited on 11-08-2004 by langey]
supacook2k

10th Aug 04 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give them a ring m8
langey

10th Aug 04 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got confirmation that the amp, wires, fues's and that sort of gear has phisically left caraudiodirect and is on its way to me either 2morrow on thursday

just need to wait for the sub to be sent, hope its instock, cant be arsed waiting ages for it, as i'm off all this week and need to uild the box for it.
langey

10th Aug 04 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rang up about the sub, its out of stock and they have just ordered it from audiobahn and are now waiting it to get it shipped, from america, this will take ages wont it

got the week off work and i'm gonna have to just build it at the weekend or next weekend

got the wires and amp and that so at least i can get everything in, and maybe evan build the box ready to just put the sub in asap
HeNdie

10th Aug 04 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not go, motorworld and halfords
langey

10th Aug 04 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coz the sub is audiobahn and they dont stock them
langey

11th Aug 04 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wires and amp came today, almost missed the courrier

anyway stuff i've forgot lol, 1st thing is the cable that goes fromthe HU to the amp to switch it on, got the RCA cables.

next thing, i baught AGU fuses, and an ANL fuse holder

silly me making mistakes ordering stuff at 2am on a sunday morning. lol.

also i got a little computer fan, any idead how to wire it up?? it look ready to go straight in the pc lol.
Dom

11th Aug 04 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remote lead goes from HU to amp and is only bell wire or something like that mate Just nip down to Focus or B&Q, or maplins and get a few minutes of bell wire or sometihng similar

as for the puter fan, i would wack a relay on the remote lead, with one connection going to amp and other to the fan Obviously, you will then need a 12v feed to the relay, but atleast then when you switch ya HU on, it will switch the fan and amp on

Just make sure the fan you've ordered is 12v and not 5v and that it has 2 connections (pos and neg). If its got a number of connections going to the fan, then google on how to bodge it. I think you can just use the pos/neg but the third wire is usually a sensor etc
langey

11th Aug 04 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its got aload of wires tot eh fan, black, blue red, yellow, alsorts of colours.

if its only bell wire, maybe the bell in our house might stop working soon

dont understand much about relays and stuff :confused: i'll have a look upon it or sumthin.

New Poll