corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Losing the lard, take 12

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Losing the lard, take 12
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Mar 12 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having tried many many time to lose weight and get fit and healthy, this week, i have decided this is the time to do something and stick to it.

Ive tried p90x, insanity and many other methods, all of which i have found too intense and have caused me to give up before i barely get started.

So this time, im doing it off my own back, nothing major.

Started monday morning at 212lb, weighed myself today and im down 5lb to 207lb.

Really want some pointers on a variety of foods to eat, as having what i have had this week is going to bore me to death.

I have a decent air rower in the shed, as well as a running machine. So i have done 4 sessions of 3.5km on the rower this week. Plan to up this each week.

Diet is...

Breakfast: bowl of shredded wheat or weetabix, glass of orange juice

Mid morning: Two piece of fruit (seperate times)

Lunch: Wholewheat pasta with a lloyd grossman chilli/tomato sauce and a single chicken breast

Mid afternoon: Two piece of fruit (seperate times)

Tea: Chicken breast marinated in nandos peri peri and a bigt handfull of broccoli/cauliflower

During the day im drinking around 3litres of water/weak cordial mix

Any pointers for what else i can eat etc would be greatful

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
chris_uk
Premium Member

31st Mar 12 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eat and drink what you want type wise, but not massive portions and just excersise.

my mate was 16 st and he carried on eating what he was but just cut down the portion size and went to the gym and is now just under 14st
Dan
Premium Member

31st Mar 12 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My biggest trouble is i work shift, with nothing near by other than a garage with shit food in. Previously id been spending £50+ a week in there on general shit food and drink.

So not only am i doing myself a favour, im better off finacially.

Russ

31st Mar 12 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i find the lloyd grossman stuff very olive oily
Carl

31st Mar 12 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are on the right tracks, ditch the fads and make small long term changes. If possible build the physical activity into everyday life such as walking or even cycling, even if that is parking further away from work etc. Also the other point is find something you enjoy doing and you are far more likely to continue it, ie you might have a decent rowr in the shed but what's the chances you'll be on your own rowing on it 3 month down the line.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Mar 12 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just lost a stone by eating similar to you, but going to the gym three times a week, still got a stone to go roughly
Dan
Premium Member

31st Mar 12 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How Long that take ivi?

I have a very physical job. Being a truck mechanic, everything is either very heavy or fuckong tight

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

31st Mar 12 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about a month, but ive not stuck religiously to the diet. had a mcdonalds or a kebab here and there
Dan
Premium Member

31st Mar 12 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good going though. Im not 100% sticking to it, but im doing my best to avoid things id usually eat. Treats now and again wont hurt

jacko198

1st Apr 12 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im trying the same. Ill just have a nesquik milkshake in the morning (protein shake if i can stomach it) to get me going.

Few bits of fruit through to about 1. Then abit of pasta or chicken and rice.

Bit more fruit and then my tea - chicken and rice or pasta

Just need to get started with the excercise bit!
I want to start running but i never really have tbh, appart from cross country in school which i hated!
Thinking of investing in a road bike to get some miles done when i get back from work.
Dan
Premium Member

1st Apr 12 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I think I know you need a decent breakfast, it's the most important meal of the day?

jacko198

2nd Apr 12 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive never known wether its best just to have something that gets everything working or something bigger.

I get pretty hungry at about 11 ish.
AdZ9

2nd Apr 12 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of studies recently talking about this Lean Gains website, where you fast until mid day and don't have breakfast, I personally prefer having breakfast, it gets me going in the morning!

http://www.leangains.com/
Corsa_Joel

2nd Apr 12 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some protein in at breakfast - egg whites easiest form possibly, alongside a bowl of around 50-60g oats with water.

Have some almonds with your fruit for good fats.

Chicken and pasta is fine, could you lose the sauce and just add some spices for taste?

In the afternoon have a protein shake (a simple one such as true whey) with your fruit.

stuartmitchell

3rd Apr 12 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
Loads of studies recently talking about this Lean Gains website, where you fast until mid day and don't have breakfast, I personally prefer having breakfast, it gets me going in the morning!

http://www.leangains.com/

This is what I do but I've never eaten breakfast in my puff so quite straight forward

Currently:

Lunch: Tomato Soup and sandwich (brown bread)

Tea / Dinner: Meat + 2 veg

Thats it + Gym 4 nights per week.

Could murder a Dominos
Dan
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need some advice...

I work split shifts, 6-2 1-9

I can manage the 1-9 shift easy as i eat main meals at 80-120-170

The 6-2 shift is not happening though.

I need breakfast at 5.30, before work. Then I have a lunch break (1/2 hr) at 10, so i have my dinner then. I finish work at 2, and missus and little one dont eat till 5pm, so im going from 10am-5pm without a decent meal. Which is like 7 hours. I want to have no carbs from 12 onwards. So what can i eat as a kind of fill in at around 2pm, which isnt going to fill me right up, but get rid of these hunger feelings till i have my tea with the family?

Corsa_Joel

4th Apr 12 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What time do you train, and why no carbs after 12pm?
Corsa_Joel

4th Apr 12 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For quick snack ideas .. Tin of tuna and some nuts, Beef Jerky (but be wary of the salt content), peanut butter on a couple of oatcakes, couple of boiled eggs?
BarnshaW

4th Apr 12 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rule of no carbs after 12pm would really only apply to someone working a normal work pattern and sleeping normally, if your working nights then obviously it would change?
Corsa_Joel

4th Apr 12 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't worry about when you have carbs, as long as you hit your macro targets for the day.

Fat loss is majorly calories out vs calories in.
BarnshaW

4th Apr 12 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you do have to worry because its no good packing in a load of carbs just before bed and sleeping on them.

if you want to seriously lose weight quick and are not worried about losing a tiny bit of muscle then you can put your body into ketosis, so basically extremely high protein diet and cut out carbs completely. i did it for a while and it definately works, you will soon run out of energy though.

Corsa_Joel

4th Apr 12 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I think as long as it's low GI carbs your ok. High GI carbs will spike your insulin levels which won't help fat loss obviously, but i've always just gone for hitting my macros in a 24 hour window. When I was "losing the lard" I just used to count calories and as long as I was hitting X amount it didn't matter how I got the calories (within reason) and a lot of the time i'd have chicken and brown rice or similar before bed and it didn't effect me. I guess it's trial and error, some people may react differently to carbs before bed.
Dan
Premium Member

4th Apr 12 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, i sorted the eating time issue.

Had a chicken salad today at 10, then saved a chunk of it for 2.30pm.

saj_123

5th Apr 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done for your initial weight loss Dan. I found that it varies so much person to person and understanding your personal requirements is key. I lost weight earlier late last year, i managed to lose 5kg over the course of 6-8 weeks. I found it tough I must say. Not eating junk food was the hardest part for me. Exercise I enjoy. What really helped me was working out how many calories I needed a day and keeping a record. If your work your BMR you will get your daily calorie need. Then worked out my carbs etc from there and stuck to it really.

You have a good foundation for your diet and just sticking to it, I am sorry I cant really mention any other foods to mix it up. All the best of luck.
Dan
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after the second week, in which i have stuck to the diet 100% until last night, when i had 4 pints, to wet the latest family babies head Havent managed many sessions on the rower due to being far to busy this week.

Just weighed in at 206lb. So 6lb total loss since the start.

Happy with the total loss, but this week ive only lost a lb, if anything. :/

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Losing the lard, take 12 24 database queries in 0.2006340 seconds