corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » In the shit -money day

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author In the shit -money day
spencer88

User status: Offline
21st Jul 11 at 06:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had around 17/18k of debt when I was 18, and it became a problem.

I sold my Vectra C and stopped doing things I did not need to do.

I also needed a reliable car. I bought a 1993 Corsa Diesel. Most reliable and cheap car I have ever owned. Seriously!

Now I have two credit cards which I use monthly.

It is not nice going from having nice things to crap stuff, but needs must.
Leighton

21st Jul 11 at 07:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Push the boat out if I'm having visitors. This week it's got Peroni, Sol and Brahama, the latter being on special and the former being payment for a computer job

awww you did that for me

Nismo

21st Jul 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go and see a money expert, there advice is free, they will sit down with you go through all your debt and offer you the best advice they can.

Sell the car, cheap cars are reliable too, i bought an old rover years ago and nothing went wrong with it in the year i owned it, and it only cost me 350quid,

get an evening job? bar work or something, doesnt pay that well but it pays and that can go towards your debt.

Sell things you dont need, if you have a smart phone, sell it get a cheap £30 phone or something, they all do the same inital job!

rent a room out, lower your rental fee to attract someone in, having someone in for not alot is better than no one!
Nismo

21st Jul 11 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also most mortgage companys will let you take a repayment holiday if you have been paying for 6 months +, take a break and let them know its to clear debt, it will be in there intrest as this means you are less likely to miss a mortgage payment.
Tom

21st Jul 11 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no easy way out unless you are willing to take a hit somewhere in your life. For me (without understanding how much you owe) it sounds like selling the car would be the quickest and easiest solution. Also get rid of stuff you don't need as Ian suggested and live within your means. I had loads of debt and it took me years to clear it, mainly due to not stopping living beyond my means.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

21st Jul 11 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much debt you in?
whitter45

21st Jul 11 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to sound funny but it sounds as if your parents should take some of this blame

If they are paying out for cars for your brother and holidays and even paying towards the car replacement when you have more out goings than incoming then surely they should refrain from getting you more in debt

Easy to say but it sounds as though its a recipe for not valuing money in my opinion

If your parents are willing to help out with car payments then surely that should be directed towards your debt and get rid for a run about car

Its not going to get better from the sound of it
Ben J

21st Jul 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car needs to go ASAP.

As said buy a cheap runabout. That will free up quite a bit?

Also contact your mortgage company and explain you are in the poo. Most will allow you to defer on payments for several months.

[Edited on 21-07-2011 by Ben J]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll