corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How do i get into spraying for a job???

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do i get into spraying for a job???
Kris TD

User status: Offline
20th Jan 04 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom D
Yes but if you're a porofessional with an accountants degree you will always get in some where.

Persoanlly I think u would regret it if you pulled out now, you may say the money is not that important but at the end of the day the reason we all go to work is to make money, if you enjoy it then cool, but c'mon money is what everything is about these days.

agreed, im prepared to put up with my shit job cos it pays so bloody well.
NeilRocks

20th Jan 04 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think about this.

I earnt £63 a week and had to pay

Car insurance and tax
Phone bill
Fuel
Mods
Going out
Birthdays
2 Christmas's
Clothes
Toiletries
Food
Other stuff

No way anybody can get by with a car unless they get outside help from family or summat.
And I only had a 1 litre Nova!
-Aliba-

20th Jan 04 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand that neil, but thats what i'm trying to find out. What kinda of money is involved. Some places pay differently. Need to find out 1st.
NeilRocks

20th Jan 04 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It ranges mate. I got £63 yet another kid in my apprentice class got £80. The highest went to a 21 year old lad. He started on £160 with no experience and 40 hours a week.

Did college 1 week in 4. You will LOVE going to college. It's like a godsend
Kris TD

20th Jan 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bro started on 160 a week, no experience, hes 18.
-Aliba-

20th Jan 04 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could manage on 160 bucks a week for a while i suppose. Worth it in the end though. Suppose the same could be said about accounting, but its not a lack of effort on my behalf, its a lack of interest. Not doing a course just to keep everyone else happy.
Ian W

20th Jan 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

£63 a week / £1.38 an hour for cutting my hands open, getting taunted by twats, breathing the odd whiff off 2-pak paint and filler dust and half an hour dinner in a 9 hour day.

Same as me but no dinner, no masks for painting and your treated like a f**kin t**t. Plus in the winter its freezing and any shitty jobs will be given to you.

Now doing IT admin, on well better money, i dont constantly have hammered hands and im not blowing red, green or whatever colour car youve just painted that day bogies

quote:

Did college 1 week in 4. You will LOVE going to college. It's like a godsend

Couldn't stress how right that is

Stick with what your doing, after working with cars for a while you will lose intrest in your own and wish you had stuck with accounting.

[Edited on 20-01-2004 by Ian_Gsi16v]
NeilRocks

20th Jan 04 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I did was fun for a while I will admit. I would strip damaged cars ranging from a Corsa Merit to a 3 day old Lexus, help out some of the blokes with spot welding and prepping and put some of the repaired cars back together. I sprayed loads of primer and prepped a few things but I was not allowed to spray top coat EVER.

In the end it messed with my health, fcuked up my hands and in got in debt.

If you can get £150+ a week and a really clean / big workshop environment then go for it mate and set up your own place one day so everyone can be your bitch.
-Aliba-

20th Jan 04 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But i lost interest in accounting about a year ago!!!! Just finally getting the bottle to pack it in!
-Aliba-

20th Jan 04 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you Neil, thats what i was wanting to hear.

My intentions are for setting up a business sometime in the future with a mate of the similar mind. If i can get 150+ a week then i'll go for it.
starkmotorsport

20th Jan 04 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You seem to be in the same situation as me Aliba.

Im sticking to finish off my training so that I have something to fall back on, then thinking of a career move or start up a business. Id definately get your training in though - its a nightmare as your not motivated as I know, but it looks very bad on your CV if you just throw the towel in and give up.

Out of interest, what are peoples ages and salaries?
Graeme
Premium Member

3rd Feb 05 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am currnetly applying for an apprenticeship with jaguar/landrover in bodyshop repairs and i really cant wait to start.
U kinda have to think that you wont earn anything if ur at uni so the extra £60 a week will be better than nothing. it will be hard to get through but i cant wait to possibly get on this course!
corsa5dr

3rd Feb 05 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stick with the accountancy
Mark Petty

3rd Feb 05 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf u do realise this thread is over a year old
BigSte

3rd Feb 05 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wonder what he decided to do

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How do i get into spraying for a job??? 23 database queries in 0.0129631 seconds