corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 09 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found someone selling a lower brace.

Wants £5 apparently its battered but as long as its striaght and not cracked it should be fine

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that the one on 106owners?
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guy splitting a blue xsi from scotland?

Saw it on sax-p

DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye it is, I noticed another on there I'll see if I can fgind it for you.
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers

Also going to order a powerflex lower engine mount and new oem gearbox mount as I still have that clunk when changing gear at "normal" rpms

gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing much going on just a rainy saturday so I set out on a road trip to Dorset

Wax is still doing its job (cue beading shots )

Although after 200 miles in the pissing rain and spray its a bit grubby now

Anyway came back with this

106 S2 rallye box from a 32,000 mile car
Rebuilt by tweeq automotive 500 miles ago with all new synchros, bearings.
Quaife atb diff
1.4 xsi final drive
group n upper and lower mounts

Need to go to the motor factors this week and get a new clutch (seems rude not to while its out) new drive shafts and seals.

Then ask Mr warren g very nicley for his help and garage

Ojc

25th Oct 09 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, turning this into a really good project.
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Awesome, turning this into a really good project.

Seems to be what ever I make from selling vtec yo parts I turn straight into spending on french parts

Diff should be the final peice in the handling as its already got a good suspension setup.

Then after the rolling road day I should know what power its making and can maybe spend some pennies there

ChrisBoom

25th Oct 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That isnt a group N bottom mount from that pic?

Good buy though, is there warranty on the rebuild?
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No ive got in it in a sperate bag

Got reciepts for the build seems like a well trusted company so there should be some come back. Hopefully I wont need it

ChrisBoom

25th Oct 09 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
No ive got in it in a sperate bag

Got reciepts for the build seems like a well trusted company so there should be some come back. Hopefully I wont need it

I see

Should be fine, its usually the diff the goes on them, or the syncros. Should be fine with that box.

Will be a bit quicker off the mark with that box too, slightly shorter ratios that the GTI box. XSI final drive is a good one too
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer spoke to the place that did the work and they said its something that they recomend to people when they do the boxes as it makes a nice difference

What are the flywheels like in the 16v's they worth lightening?

ChrisBoom

25th Oct 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure, not seen many lightened flywheels around for them, so I can only assume they are decent.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might aswell throw on some steel linkages and quickshift at the same time Gav nice purchase that though, bet it wasnt cheap.
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Might aswell throw on some steel linkages and quickshift at the same time Gav nice purchase that though, bet it wasnt cheap.

Seen this type of quickshift too

Dont know weather to go for this or the type you have

DannyB
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics arent working for me Gav?

Ahh hosted on Saxp aswell, you'll have to copy the pictures over mate, have to be logged in to see them aswell.

[Edited on 25-10-2009 by DannyB]
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok its a type that fits on to the linkages themselves to shorten the throw that way

http://www.griffiths-engineering.co.uk/

What would you gain from steel linkages?

DannyB
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh, never used one so I don't know how good they are, they're just a varient of the steel linkages arent they? the steel ones like I have can be made tighter. The quickshift that I have can make the throw really short, all depends what you like

Piece of piss to fit aswell.

gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your one looks like a more solid design so I think thats the one I would do with.

So the steel linkages would just give a smoother feel?

Just had a thought as this is a rallye gearbox will I need different driveshafts?

DannyB
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The steel ones can be made shorter and elimate the sloppy feel, the quickshift itself make the throw tighter and shorter. Not sure on the shafts to be honest, I'm not the best mechanically minded

gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought all the shafts were the same except non abs and abs ones. But after going on the the euro car parts site im not so sure now

DannyB
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris will know, he knows more than me

Not sure if the 8v shafts are the same as 16v? I imagine they're the same for both 16v pug and citroen but then again im not 100% sure.
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

euro site seems to have them listed in a load of different lenghts which is what threw me.

You think a standard clutch like a sach or valeo one will be fine? I dont have mega power and havent had any problems so far

DannyB
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Valeo would be fine I imagine, not massive power is it. I'll be buying a valeo one when I need one, Chris bought one last aswell iirc.
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cars done 90k on the standard one as far as I know so I thought I would change it while I was at it as it must be due one fairly soon especially with the kind of life I have planned for it

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10 24 database queries in 0.0257699 seconds