corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Sep 10 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black definately, mine look really good in person in black. £50 is a good price, I paid £80 with 2 tyres
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Sep 10 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and they are speedline which is what I wanted and only had to go five mins up the road

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Sep 10 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bargain definately, I just sold my raptors for £100 too so that has paid for the new wheels.
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Sep 10 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice

AlexW

18th Sep 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

White, be cool imo
gavin18787
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went same colour as my road wheels and kept the lip. Not a 100% good job but I was keeping it cheap as they are only track wheels

DannyB
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look good mate
gavin18787
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ta mate car is booked in with kris-b of saxp fame to get the rear beam sorted and new ball joints etc so should be 100% for oulton park

DannyB
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what rae your next plans then, you stripping it fully?caged?
gavin18787
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no just get it working 100%

when its working I love it as it is. Only thing I may change is get some slightly stiffer lower springs if something comes up before the rear beam booking.

But need to see if the 205's with the semi slicks rub at all -35mm first which is what it currently is.

So when the rear beam is fixed and the front suspension doesnt sound like its going to fall off il be happy

DannyB
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about engine mods or are you leaving that? I was suprised just how quick mine is with the 16v but already thinking about tb's for next year some time.
gavin18787
Premium Member

8th Oct 10 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

goes well enough and im keeping this a fairly cheap project as it will probably be sold soon.

I like the power curve it has at the moment as it pulls really well low down so is easy to drive fast

gavin18787
Premium Member

27th Oct 10 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right good bit of progress happened over the last few days.

Firstly it was off to Kris-b who is the warren g of the french car forums to get my rear beam refurbed

All went smoothly except pressing in the new stub pins was a fucking cunt of a job

new pins

Shouldnt really be impressed by sticks of steel but the finish and engineering on them is bloody good. need to be for £70

No fitting pics as I didnt take a camera with me.

Fitted my new pads this weekend. Greenstuffs were in a bad way and were melted to the calipers

DS2500 feel so much more solid through the pedal already

Going to keep an eye on the calipers though as some pads seem to have worn more then others. Although it stops straight as an arrow

Old v new

New in

You can see the variety in wear here

Then I checked that my track wheels fitted ok without issues. As they have chunkier tyres on

Only slight issue is a slight bit of rub on the caliper and balancing weights

Reckon it will be alright if just left to wear down?

Looks like a tractor in 50 profiles

On a bit of a slightly less good note when I had the rear beam rebuilt we took the rear plastic out the arches and found a little gift

Pulled off all the insulation and loose bits and was left looking like this

Can see its actually gone through in one place where my finger is. So need to find someone friendly with a welder

Coverered in in hammerite for the time been

So ready to roll for oulton park now

May change the fluid if I get time but its not essential as it was fine last time

AndyCorsaSport

27th Oct 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love those new wheels, id have them as road and the VTS as track.
brebaz

27th Oct 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to sort out the rubbin couldnt you take the sticky balence weights off the inside and put the ones on that clip on the outside of the rim? car looks nice mate

[Edited on 27-10-2010 by brebaz]
Graham88

28th Oct 10 at 04:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are some sexy tyres! Looking good Gav. Shame about the rust, but looks easy enough to sort.
marklawton

28th Oct 10 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good. see you at oulton park, iam going to watch, its an awesome track, you will love it
gavin18787
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Love those new wheels, id have them as road and the VTS as track.

Tempted by it but I couldnt be arsed to pay for 8 tyres to be changed

oem sleeper look ftw, although the vts wheels do need a new coat of paint as they are a bit chipped. Will do this after the winter.

Mark see you there, feel free for a passanger ride

gavin18787
Premium Member

21st Nov 10 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick post oulton update

Car performed very well. only issue been a bit of noise coming from the rear beam now which isnt good as its only just been re-built Only about 1mm of play in the passanger wheel though so might just been something like a loose arb. Heres hoping anyway.

Think it looks good on its track wheeels though, Got a few good snaps of it courtesy of Doug and steve

Was a first outing for these and was very impressed at the grip that the semi slicks offered Did a bit of elise hunting in a dry spell on track

Also just won a set of lower arms with poly bushes on ebay. Hopefully they will improve the fronts "loose" feel. As the rubbers and ball joints are split and perrished on the current ones so need doing asap. So I will whack these on once I man up to go out in the cold

gavin18787
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right so today I took some Man up pills and went out in the cold to fit my new lower arms and poly bushes

Not what you want to see

Anyway lots of tea was drank to keep warm and they were on

Did get caught by the neighbour C'ing and F'ing under the car with a crow bar attacking the ball joints Been an 80 year old she wasnt impressed

Anyway all in and nice new purple colour scheme

No wonder the others were noisey all the joints and bushes were fecked

Drives alot tighter now

Just need to take more man up pills next weekend and change the brake fluid then im good for brands if its not snowed off

Ian
Site Administrator

28th Nov 10 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always nice when you do a bush change to have a good wobble on the old ones, makes it all worthwhile
gavin18787
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye its amaziing what bits of rubber do

DannyB
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work
gez bay

28th Nov 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good gav!
gavin18787
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads

Will give it a proper drive tomorow on the way to work. Hopefully its cured all the weird noises

Should I get the tracking checked or will this have not moved it about?

[Edited on 28-11-2010 by gavin18787]

<<  13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10 24 database queries in 0.6522958 seconds