corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Apr 10 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds timing related, basically the car will self adjust retarding or advancing timing but only within certain tolerances if its creeping outside then it will miss check the timing belt hasnt jumped a tooth or something

[Edited on 30-04-2010 by Steve]
gavin18787
Premium Member

30th Apr 10 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt that be a consistant problem if that was the case?

BTW steve have you got any more info one what you said a while back about there been a problem with the gear linkages been too short or something on these?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Fad

1st May 10 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its deffo a sensor of some kind due to the intermittent nature of the issue.

If timing was out it would have to be quite a bit out for it to be noticable.
Ian W

1st May 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot this on my last post.

Check the wiring on the plug that goes to your MAP - mine was split on the white wire as it joined the plug and any hard accelerating was causing the engine to rock and the MAP to fail which in turn caused the car to kangaroo - not good when joining roundabouts
gavin18787
Premium Member

4th May 10 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Ian

seems all is well at the moment so I am going to leave it alone for the time been

Survived mallory fine

Vids

Steady start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuFSKkAT0pY

more open track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJLs3WXWkiE

happy as it seems to have the same straight line speed as a CTR

Quite an economical lil thing too

including track time one tank saw over 300 miles

gavin18787
Premium Member

19th Jun 10 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right car made a sucsessful trip to the ring and back.
Only thing going wrong been the GMC 4-1 manifold cracking
So all in all the french box did alright. Going to take it somewhere to get the manifold welded and then it should be back to health

Vid of the GP curcuit, bit slow as I didnt know the way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ2MTMhDLfY

On the way home

Spent £80 on it today hower as its due a service and the lights have always been shite so bought a set of hids as they were only £40. As the longest day is here already the nights will draw in again soon

>hids
>new AUX belt
>oil
>filters
>plugs
>coolent

Anyone know where you can buy the header tanks that allow you to fill the coolent system properly?
I can't see to bodge a bottle on with a good seal

Going to get my hands dirty and do it all tomorow

[Edited on 19-06-2010 by gavin18787]

gavin18787
Premium Member

20th Jun 10 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a full day on the car today

Refitted all the exhaust so its sitting nice and did a little bodge to stop the manifold sounding so shit for the moment until its welded

Then fitted the hids

Just awaiting it to get dark now so I can check the beam and see if they are any good

Happy with the drivers side as I have hidden it all away under the ECU so it looks nice and OEM

Passaner side I couldnt find a location for that I liked so it is temporly attached to the alarm siren. Need to have another look in the future to see if I can find somewhere better

Then did all the servicing jazz like plugs, oil and filters.
All was straight forward until I couldnt get the oil filter off. Think they hired Halk Hogan to fit it last time. Even the tool was slipping

So bought out the medieval tools and got down the dirty

New

All thats left to do is change the coolent. Manufactured myself a header tank from a robinsons orange bottle and am all good to go when I get time

My rad doesnt have a drain plug though it seems

So I think I should just be able to pop the hose off here to get the same effect

Anyone know where the drain plug is on the head on the 16v models?

Also couldnt change the AUX belt as someone has rounded the fuck out of the tensioning bolt. So I am going to get a new one before I attempt anything there.

DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a drain plug on the righ of the block and one top left near the inlet manifold.
gavin18787
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
There's a drain plug on the righ of the block and one top left near the inlet manifold.

Down by the aux belt kind of area?

Then there are the bleed points by the inlet mani, thermostat and top of the rad yer?

Why on earth cant it be simple like on corsa's

Need to dig out the owners manual now and find out how to get rid of the service light/spanner

lwigmore

22nd Jun 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did that on my VTS mate, you hold the dial button down by the mileage screen, whilst turning the ignition on and off then a clockdown should appear, leave it to countdown to 0 then you'll have another 12k mileage until next service light spanner comes on
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dam should have checked back in here before spending half an hour digging out the manual

Done now though

ShEp

22nd Jun 10 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still having running problems?

I haven't read all your thread but I was having some very intermittent running problems on mine.

It would sometimes bog down and become undriveable, sometimes just a little cough or splutter.

Turned out it was the map sensor. I just cleaned mine with electrical contact cleaner and it's been brilliant ever since.
lwigmore

22nd Jun 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
dam should have checked back in here before spending half an hour digging out the manual

Done now though

good good , i did the same spent an hour looking through citreon handbook looking on how to get rid of it lol,

Mertin

22nd Jun 10 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp

I haven't read all your thread but I was having some very intermittent running problems on mine.

It would sometimes bog down and become undriveable, sometimes just a little cough or splutter.

Turned out it was the map sensor. I just cleaned mine with electrical contact cleaner and it's been brilliant ever since.

Yours run ok when you bought?

Seen it leave Buckie petrol station around a month ago with absoloutely no power and just went nowhere
gavin18787
Premium Member

23rd Jun 10 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine runs fine at the moment.

Every month or so the idle goes up the wall but if you reset the ECU it becomes fine again.

Easy way to tell if the map is screwed or not is to run the car and unplug it to see if it becomes worse or not.

ShEp

24th Jun 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
quote:
Originally posted by ShEp

Yours run ok when you bought?

Seen it leave Buckie petrol station around a month ago with absoloutely no power and just went nowhere

Run fine when I got it, with a blip every now and then.

Think the boy was having intermittent problems with the map sensor and gave up

Such an easy fix and he got rid.
gavin18787
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mixed issues today when working on the car

Finally got round to doing the coolent change. Sounded complicated with bleeding the system but it was easier then I thought.

Made a home made expansion tank to avoid paying shiteron the £23 they wanted for the proper one. Insulation tape to make a tight fit and a drill + hacksaw ftw

Then fitted my new abs sensor to the front. Lights now gone

Was going to fit the driveshaft that I bought from ebay next but

Also still need to figure out how the hell I am going to get this rounded off bolt out of the bottom of here

Mertin

21st Jul 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What bolt is rounded in the pic? Small socket hammered onto it?
gavin18787
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not really in that pic, in the botton of that assembly there is a allen key headed bolt. It runs up inside that silver shaft and tensions the pully on the belt by pushing up on it.

This one

There isnt really anywhere to get pliers round it or anything

Steve
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so its rounded inside the allen key bit?
Mertin

21st Jul 10 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try hammering a torx bit into it and should grip the sides
gavin18787
Premium Member

21st Jul 10 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer completly rounded in the allen key bit

Who ever did it up before was a fuck tard

Got a couple of pics of the lights in use the other night too, phone wasn't a fan of the dark mind

also for people with abs problems I copied off a wiring diagram and tested the resistance of all of the sensors from the main plug this:
A) means you dont have the crawl under the car
B) you test all the wiring too

Should all read a resistance of around 1000ohms. Front right read zero so new one from the scrappy and all is well again

gavin18787
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tempted by wheels as I wanted some r888's and a set of alloys have come up with some already on them.

Wants £450

888's have 4mm on, cant decide if this is a good price or not, they are all in good nic with no kerb marks

[Edited on 08-08-2010 by gavin18787]

DannyB
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are my mate Gez's (the lad with the 205 turbo) pretty sure these sold yesterday mate, they were in great condition and all tryes were good.
gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Aug 10 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
They are my mate Gez's (the lad with the 205 turbo) pretty sure these sold yesterday mate, they were in great condition and all tryes were good.

ah I pm'd he yesterday morning

ah well not to worry will stick to my origional plan and get some 205gtis

Just hoping the group buy on the 888's goes ahead then they will be cheapy cheap

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10 24 database queries in 0.1965752 seconds