corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Aug 10 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1414975.htm

gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Aug 10 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pricey, they are only going to be track wheels.

kerbed alloys + garish spray paint was the plan

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Aug 10 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a bad price really, I've not seen them go for much cheaper on the forums.
gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Aug 10 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was a set of speedline 205's for £50 on sax p yesterday in primer ready to go

Missed out though

DannyB
Premium Member

9th Aug 10 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck sake, I have some in mind aswell hopfully...mind you I need my car back on the road first
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Aug 10 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels have defo gone

http://www.106owners.co.uk/forums/threads/110215-SUPERCHARGED-SUNDANCE-YELLOW-GTI-caged-harnesses-ect-new-wheels-9-8-10/page7

[Edited on 09-08-2010 by DannyB]
gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Aug 10 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Fuck sake, I have some in mind aswell hopfully...mind you I need my car back on the road first

Mine is working atm touch wood

I got the aux belt sorted in the end. My car is fucked up someone must have fitted something different at some point ie a different sized alternator pulley. As the proper 5pk775 belt doesnt fit. Someone had bodged on a 738 one with a bent tensioner before hand

So I bought a new tensioner and am running an obscure metro 755 belt

Simple jobs are never simple it seems

Just looked at those wheels and I think they are based on exchange too so I would need to get a set first anyhow

gavin18787
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did some car stuff last night and today

Last night headed up to stansted airport way and collected x4 yoko A048's

Only used once and mine for £200

Just need to find something round to put in the middle of them now

Also the car ate another shaft this week

So popped in a spare I had not 100% good sounding but will get me back on the road for now

I can change a driveshaft in under 90mins now, says something for french drivetrains

Trying to find out if these could be worth a go, bit more money but apparently have different CV's so are stronger

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-106-Citroen-Saxo-Competition-Drive-Shafts-Rally-/160443294872?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item255b2a6498

Trouble is its a bit of an unknown as no one has used them that I am aware of

gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been offered some steelies to put my track tyres on?

Anyone used them on track before? Main worry is lack of ventilation and brakes cooking

They are 406 turbo 15 inch ones

[Edited on 22-08-2010 by gavin18787]

DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't worry pal, they will be fine.

[Edited on 22-08-2010 by DannyB]
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

supose 106 rallyes come with steelies

gavin18787
Premium Member

31st Aug 10 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right did some work over the weekend as the car had developed a nice long list of faults all at once

First up was the sunroof had started leaking and during the recent rain I may have well as just had a shower in the car on the way to work

this was relitivly straight forward as it was just the sunroof drains had got blocked up. Just took the headlining off and blasted some air down the pipes to clear them. Touch wood I have been dry since

I then replaced My GMC 4-1 mani which had cracked. bought a Ashley 4-2-1 off of a member on sax-p. This was a simple job in theory but some of the nuts on the head were a badger to get to due to where the pipes came out. So after some swearing a faffing it was off

New and old together

New one on

Not happy with the fit of the ashley one though. GMC one seems to be a much better product. this one is very close to the oil filter and sump. also it doesnt have the gearbox mounting bracket so it not as secure.
Also you have to run the Cat at a stupid angle due to the position of the two holes

So I think I will get the GMC welded and plated and sell this one on again

Also this arrived from temple rally sport today

Bit gutted it didnt arrive for the bank holiday so will have to take a half day now and fit it

Compitition spec shaft, hopefully this will mean no more regular shaft deaths

Wont have the semi slicks for coombe or trax though as I still cant track down any suitable wheels

MatthewR

1st Sep 10 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do the 16v badges in black mate
Fro

1st Sep 10 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work gavlaaa should see it at coombe
gavin18787
Premium Member

1st Sep 10 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Considered it matt but I think they are pinned on so didnt want to break em

If they were stuck on I would just get rid.

Cheers G hoping to get some time off work this week so I cant do the driveshaft. Dont really want to do it on saturday before trax just incase something goes wrong and I need to order parts etc

jr

1st Sep 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did you find the a048 for sale gav
Steve
Premium Member

1st Sep 10 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 01-09-2010 by Steve]
gavin18787
Premium Member

1st Sep 10 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the motorsport section on pistonheads. keep checking that and the wheel and tyre section

Steve what did you edit

gavin18787
Premium Member

2nd Sep 10 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also how do I get pics on the main page like all the other cool people?

Graham88

2nd Sep 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Host the pictures in your garage. I like your tyres.
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Sep 10 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its gone belly up this new hi spec drive shaft is about 1cm longer then the oem one and doesnt fit

Ojc

3rd Sep 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Sep 10 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gay as fuck dont think I have bought anything for this car so far that actually fits with out been modded.

Im going to take the hub off completly tomorow put the shaft in and put the hub back to see if I can do it that way. But even then I think it will be too long and the ball joint etc wont line up.

Knocking old shaft will be going back on and will probably implode on track

gavin18787
Premium Member

4th Sep 10 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right new shaft is in.

Was a combo of the joints been uprated and less flexible and the threads been longer on the end. Made the job a pain in the arse.

Took me and the old man pulling on it to do it

All in and ready to go now. Coming back out next week as the ball joint split as slipped when we were putting it back. Will drive it to trax and if it starts getting play il sell my track session i think

gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Sep 10 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of an update

Survived trax and castle coombe fine

vid of the session here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xauy7x7grAQ

Then was suposed to go to brands on thursday but the car spat its dummy and wouldn't start. couldnt work it out as the fuel pump wasnt working.
Got it recovered only to find it was the relay so £165 for changing a relay was alot

Anyway things picked up again today as I finally got hold of some wheels to put my semi slicks on

After about a month of searching I finally tracked down a local set of wheels at a sensible price to put my semi-slicks on

Set of speedline (lighter versions) 205 1.9 gti wheels for £50

Really happy with them as they have been sandblasted and have had the lip polished. So a lick of paint and they will be ready to roll

What colour though?????

<<  12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10 24 database queries in 0.1056869 seconds