corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Sep 09 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes got the receipt for postage so is refunding me and claiming on them so thats alright

Just need to find one now that fits and hope that its the root of the problems as its begining to fuck me off now

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
corsa_rob

21st Sep 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has ure clutch gone? or did i imagine this? mine just has...i have a vts also...just had a strange noise so popped the coilpack off to check the sparks...1 not even screwed in ...ALL loose...thread gone...got that helicoiled...then 1 1/2 hours later my clutch was on the floor...£190 to replace with labour...just thought id let u know incase ure has gone mate
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Sep 09 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clutch is fine actually

ChrisBoom

22nd Sep 09 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Clutch is fine actually

Famous last words
Ojc

22nd Sep 09 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have gone and done it now.
gavin18787
Premium Member

22nd Sep 09 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Until its next track outing

gearbox is the suposadly weak point and its been nice and quite

Still working on the idle issue

Checked for airleaks

Found a small crack but after sealing it over its still the same

Just need to test the brake servo diaphram to see if thats leaking maybe

Also need to look into the battery as I have been informed they should be at least 640amp and mine doesnt look like it is

Checked over the main fuses and they all seem fine too

Hate niggles would rather the car just broke properly as at least I would know what it is then

Rich H

22nd Sep 09 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's French, it'll never be 100% - there'll always be a niggle somewhere lol.
corsa_rob

23rd Sep 09 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine has allways had a niggle on the go...but its soooo much fun to drive in garage getting its clutch done in next few days...i hate it now...but know as soon as i drive it i'll love it again
gavin18787
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here like today when its idling all over the place when stuck in traffic I hate it.

But as soon as I take it on a drive down some lanes or something I know I will be grinning from ear to ear again

ChrisBoom

24th Sep 09 at 03:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have the love/hate with the XSI.

All hate with the GTI though, ive never liked it really, only bought it because it was equal-ish to the XSI, and cheap.

Selling it soon anyways.
stingray1987

24th Sep 09 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tried cleaning the throttlebody and all sensors within that area? y it works ai dnt know but i had the same problem on my polo and my saxo vtr and just cleaing the tb and all the sensors fixed it.
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Sep 09 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer that was the first thing I did

gavin18787
Premium Member

2nd Oct 09 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted a differnt coil pack today so I will give it a run and see how it goes.

Although after telling the seller to pack it well so it didnt get broken they posted it in a carrier bag

Cracked the wiring plug but it still seems to work ok

Out with the old

In with the "new"

note the careful packing material

Back together

DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Oct 09 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully you might find this problem, would annoy the fuck out of me.
gavin18787
Premium Member

2nd Oct 09 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Already annoying the fuck out of me

Would rather it just break then aquire niggles.

Hopefully selling the civic interior tomorow so will have more money for the new car/saxo toys fund

DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Oct 09 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooh whats next on the list?
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well once I am sure the problems have been ironed out

Lower mount and new gear box mount to try and get rid of the loose clonk noise on gear change

If I can find some springs that wont change my handling I want to go 50mm. Currently 35mm on faulkners and grp-n bilstiens.

Pug gti rear bar

get a spare box and rebuild it with a quaife

Strip, cage and buckets

Cams and tb's if I still like it by this stage

gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also are front lower braces worth a look? As I always thought if you stiffened the front of a car it became understeery. Which isnt what I want

Feels nice and neautral at the moment with a light back end which is nice. Just want it to feel and bit tighter and stiffer

DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front lower brace is a must IMO, it totally transforms the feel of the car. Through corners, at different speeds not just going slow, the car stays totally stiff. No body movement, roll, pitch, anything. Mine doesn't understeer at all.

Regarding springs mine is 60mm on the front, yours are 15" wheels though arent they so 50 would be about right.
gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They expensive? also you have issue with bumps? I hear they like to hit things

Liking the geronimo cages atm local guy to me has one

IMG]http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv32/sean_vts/PA031501.jpg[/IMG]

So switching from 35mm springs to 50mm ones wont fudge up the handling. tbh its only cosmetic but I think it would look 100% better. What springs are good any suggestions?

DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
They expensive? also you have issue with bumps? I hear they like to hit things

So switching from 35mm springs to 50mm ones wont fudge up the handling. tbh its only cosmetic but I think it would look 100% better. What springs are good any suggestions?

I bought mine off Chris for about £20 I think and if I'm honest it's probably the best thing for the money I've done

My car is lower than yours and I have no problems hitting objects on normal day to day driving, ocasionally it'l clang off a dead pheasant in the road or something but thats it mine clangs off a fair few back roads up here though as they are mainly stone and very un even. It may hit things but anything other than something fixed to the road and it will be fine. They are really simple to fit, the Peugeot ones are just 2 bolts on the lower arms. You fit it to the back of lower arms, all you need is a socket set to get it off and drop neck 18mm to get it back on, I used an airgun aswell to tighten from the other side which was much easier. Once it's tight there's no movement in it at all.

Here you can see I have around 4-5 inches clearence...

I would imagine going a tiny bit lower would help it handle better, it certainly wouldn't make it worse anyway. I have Jamex springs on mine which are good, pretty stiff aswell but when I have the cash I'll be investing in some coilovers as they will be far superior to standard shocks and lowering springs, if you have the cash I'd go for coilovers.

ChrisBoom

3rd Oct 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres no way im getting a lower brace on the new xsi, its too bloody low
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gavin18787
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might keep my eyes peeled for one then

Ojc

3rd Oct 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That cage looks good mate.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project cheap fun (Saxo VTS) *oulton park pics poly bushes on and frost bite gained 28/11/10 24 database queries in 0.1099839 seconds