corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold

New Poll
  <<  22    23    24    25    26    27    28  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 16v XSI - sold
Badgersport

User status: Offline
14th Oct 09 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
The guy is posting it this Friday, it will get here hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday, I'll fit it the same day in work

Nice one. Get some vids up. I am just trying to decide on zaust setup for my xsi at the moment. So would be nice to hear what its sounding like.

Ste
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Oct 09 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do mate, any progress on yours lately.
Badgersport

14th Oct 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Will do mate, any progress on yours lately.

Will send a u2u save spamming up your thread.

Ste
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Oct 09 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No bother though mate, I don't mind, anything to do with french cars is welcome in here
ChrisBoom

14th Oct 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed it is, french car thread FTW

I tried to take a video of mine today, doing the "jam the camera in the headrest" trick, fucking thing kept falling out though
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Oct 09 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I did, works OK but baffles the sound a lot. Have you sorted the idle issue Chris?
ChrisBoom

14th Oct 09 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That's what I did, works OK but baffles the sound a lot. Have you sorted the idle issue Chris?

Sound wasnt too bad in the vids actually, just the camera kept falling out of the headrest

Yup, runs lovely now, was just the wires to the MAP sensor. Still need to replace the entire loom though, its been bodged so badly
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Oct 09 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good news atleast then, some one on 106owners is selling a loom for an s1, just forget who now...
ChrisBoom

14th Oct 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Good news atleast then, some one on 106owners is selling a loom for an s1, just forget who now...

Already got another GTI loom, just need to buzz it, then join to the multiplug. Will be a challege this time though, since all the connectors have been cut off the original loom
chrisritch

14th Oct 09 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a video of my exhaust i just took lol, supersprint with piper backbox and raceland manifold
note the burn marks on the bumper, it spits flames when you change on the limit
Sound quality is a bit gash, ill try and get a drive by video, sorry for the spam and ASW but hey its a french car thread lol
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Oct 09 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds nice that chris, tailpipe is abit big for my liking though.
chrisritch

14th Oct 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but its Stainless Steel piper and i got it for £40 so would have been silly to turn it down really
would like a SS race backbox but cant warant spending much more on it having just bought new horse/laptop/phone lol been an expensive month :S
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Oct 09 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New fibreglass door cards might be being bought, I messaged the lad and he still has them so I replied saying I'll take them, just waiting to hear back

Before they will be fitted I'll need to buy a manual winder set up and new interior door handle surrounds and then I can lose the electric windows, they will also get flocked at some point.

EDIT: Door handle surrounds now bought.

[Edited on 18-10-2009 by DannyB]
ChrisBoom

18th Oct 09 at 03:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did you get those? Could do with a set.
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Oct 09 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On 106owners mate from a guy called slyr_106rallye .I think he may make them as he has something about fibreglass and flocking in his sig.
Badgersport

18th Oct 09 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good Danny! be ace flocked. going to get dash flocked at some point?
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Oct 09 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah although I'll probably buy a second dash and get it sent off or dropped off somewhere, I wan't lots flocking but I'll have to do it all in bits. I need to get some door pockets off a 106 with no electric windows as the switches arent there.
ChrisBoom

19th Oct 09 at 03:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do without door pockets
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looks soo bare without them though I prefer it how it is in the above picture. All the speakers and everything will be going anyway.
ChrisBoom

19th Oct 09 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah well, S2 pockets if they will fit, or base model/rallye door pockets from an S1.
pow
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

S2 pockets should fit shouldn't they? They'd look good
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they will fit Exhaust just turned up will fit it tomorow at work, £160 well spent.
ChrisBoom

19th Oct 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent, bring on the noise
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Oct 09 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yes, I can't get pics though as I'm using a phone Jesus used and my mum is away till friday with the camera I'll have to nip round my mates tomorow night and borrow his.
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Oct 09 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exhaust is on, sounds nice, really burbles at idle and when at steady revs in gear, going down gears sounds nice aswell. It isnt overly loud when accelerating either. I'll get some pics later.

Tomorow I need to go and cut the spare wheel brackets off as the exhaust is vibrating against one of them. The backbox had 4 hangers on it, I might cut 2 off as they're not needed...

[Edited on 20-10-2009 by DannyB]

<<  22    23    24    25    26    27    28  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold 23 database queries in 0.1901271 seconds