corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold

New Poll
  <<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 16v XSI - sold
ChrisBoom

User status: Offline
20th Oct 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any backfires? My 8v would do it sometimes, 16v all the time
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Oct 09 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah occasionally, the burble is pretty loud and constant so I don't really hear it.
ChrisBoom

20th Oct 09 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait till you strip it all out, my system has a silencer atm and its silly loud inside
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Oct 09 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strippage will commence this week harnasses are on the way, I may need to get some harness eyes to fit them, not sure though?

Everything bar the front door cards, and front part of the carpet will be out this week
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Oct 09 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few new pics of the car, not had use of the PC since Monday as they were doing work local so my net has been down, a few pics of the (dirty) car with the exhaust...

Short Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Kgf4IAqp0

[Edited on 23-10-2009 by DannyB]
ChrisBoom

23rd Oct 09 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leaves on the window are optional extras

Sounds nice, looks the part too
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Oct 09 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pissing down when I took them pics yeah it sounds really nice, a lot louder than it comes across in the video.
Pridzz

23rd Oct 09 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice mate im liking, Whats your opionon on em' Ive got a gey sportex outward rolled tip and decat. sounds ok but is loud and pops and spits out occasional flame.
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Oct 09 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the Pugsport, well worth the money, I got mine 2nd hand in the end for £160 so with delivery cost with a new one I probably saved about £90. It burbles nicely, not overly loud, looks nice, pops a bit when coming down the gears. There's a few for sale on 106owners at the minute.
ChrisBoom

23rd Oct 09 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Supersprint is a cheaper alternative, backbox ist as nice as the pugsport though. Found my supersprint excellent quailty and fit, hear a few stories of the pugsports being quite a nasty fit?
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Oct 09 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Piece of piss to fit I could do with grinding abit off the flange near the manifold though, like I did on the manifold aswell. Apart from that it's bang on
Butler

24th Oct 09 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
Supersprint is a cheaper alternative, backbox ist as nice as the pugsport though. Found my supersprint excellent quailty and fit, hear a few stories of the pugsports being quite a nasty fit?

Lies, supersprint is much better than the pugsport. They sound pretty much the same but the supersprint looks more purposeful, pugsport is far too disco for my liking.
ChrisBoom

24th Oct 09 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom

Lies, supersprint is much better than the pugsport. They sound pretty much the same but the supersprint looks more purposeful, pugsport is far too disco for my liking.

Thing I found with my supersprint was the backback sat miles out and under the bumper. If id had the car longer () I would of made it sit pretty.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Oct 09 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm not keen on the supersprint for that reason, the back box looks weird, it's too small.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Oct 09 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Set of fibreglass door cards, glove box blank and radio blank have been ordered, should be ready next week sometime.

DannyB
Premium Member

27th Oct 09 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ordered some door handle surrounds from 106parts last week, it clearly states on the website that you get 2 yet I receive one I planned on sending them off this week to get flocked ready for when the doorcards are here. Brilliant, will have to wait now.
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Oct 09 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No progress as such, I now have both door handle surrounds, non electric window door pockets are on the way and I'm trying to source manual wing mirrors, all I'll need then is a manual window setup and I'll be set for the door cards. The handle surrounds and door pockets will be sent to be flocked before they're fitted though, I'll also be filling in the holes for the speakers on the door pockets so they're smooth for flocking. I won't be having a stereo in the car or anything so no need for them

edit: 5 minutes after making a wanted thread for the manual wing mirrors I have some, brilliant

[Edited on 29-10-2009 by DannyB]
ChrisBoom

29th Oct 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all coming together, pics when its all stripped and fitted
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Oct 09 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definately, I just hope the door pockets get here sharpish with this postal strike bullshit going on
Badgersport

29th Oct 09 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work Danny. Will be great with the door cards fitted!

im liking our little group of stripped out xsi's!
Sean-B

29th Oct 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Badgersport
Good work Danny. Will be great with the door cards fitted!

im liking our little group of stripped out xsi's!

gay tbf
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Oct 09 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

XSI's are the future Yeah, I bought some harnesses off B3KAN but they seem to have got lost amongst this Royail Mail piss up so I'll have to get my money back and buy some from somewhere else, where did you get your manual window set up from Ste, how much?
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Oct 09 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My lower strut brace still hasnt turned up fucking postmen

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Badgersport

29th Oct 09 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
XSI's are the future Yeah, I bought some harnesses off B3KAN but they seem to have got lost amongst this Royail Mail piss up so I'll have to get my money back and buy some from somewhere else, where did you get your manual window set up from Ste, how much?

My manual window setup was from 106OC or sax-p i can't quite remember now. Were £20 hand delivered by the chap. Was great to open the windows again......as i chopped the wiring before getting the manuals.
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Oct 09 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
My lower strut brace still hasnt turned up fucking postmen

Cnuts arent they, where did you get yours from?

Ah ok Ste cheers, I'll keep my eyes peeled then.

<<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold 24 database queries in 0.0234871 seconds