corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 16v XSI - sold
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th May 09 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got it back today. The car itself is in brilliant condition, has 1 small crack on the lower part of the rear bumper but it isnt noticable. Interior is mint, no bolster OR carpet wear, lovely. I have a folder full of receipts, MOT's, servies etc etc..even dating as far back as warranty work on the vehicle can't wait to get to work on it

And today...

Excuse the poor camera phone quality.

First things are to make new numberplates in work as the ones on it are the original ones and a tad tatty, get rid of the carpet mats and put grip tape down as I HATE carpet mats for some reason, take badges off the boot and remove rear wiper and fit a blanking grommet which will be done this week. I'll be ordering springs for the front next week and I'll sort the torsion bar out after that then it's on to the wheels in the form of s2 rallye steelies

[Edited on 25-12-2010 by DannyB]
stu_c

26th May 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics dont work danny
DannyB
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They work fine for me
ChrisBoom

26th May 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work fine here too.
stu_c

26th May 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it must be my work computer then

will look when i get home
daymoon
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a miniter!
DannyB
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apart from the rear bumper it is, was lucky to get it really, un molested examples are pretty rare
jamez_zz

26th May 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the little keypad for? Looks a minter mate.
DannyB
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Immobiliser mate
ChrisBoom

26th May 09 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keypad imobilizer is awesome, whats your code
DannyB
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what to do about that as I plan on stripping most of the interior out. Any idea on the hole size for the rear wiper? haven't took it off yet but I want to look if I can get a grommet from work.

[Edited on 26-05-2009 by DannyB]
ChrisBoom

26th May 09 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Not sure what to do about that as I plan on stripping most of the interior out. Any idea on the hole size for the rear wiper? haven't took it off yet but I want to look if I can get a grommet from work.

[Edited on 26-05-2009 by DannyB]

It can be removed, just put in your code and unplug it, think that deactivates it.

Not sure what the size is, when I depwipered my 306 I bought a pack of grommets from halfords, it was in that. Would guess about 22mm?
DannyB
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, I'll probably end up buying a pack off eGay with loads in.
stu_c

26th May 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stu_c
pics dont work danny

they do at home
DannyB
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

27th May 09 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made some plates up in work today, cost me £4 I'll fit them on the weekend when I go to my mates, badges and rear wiper will be gone this weekend also.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At my mates today, I've fitted fresh new plates, de-badged the rear. removed some silly peugeot security stickers from the windows and de-wipered the rear..I need to get the machine buffer on the bootlid now though as the badges have left the paint underneath like brand new

I'll be ordering the front springs and wheels next week aswell

I'll update with pics as soon as they come through
Liam B

30th May 09 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
At my mates today, I've fitted fresh new plates, de-badged the rear. removed some silly peugeot security stickers from the windows and de-wipered the rear..I need to get the machine buffer on the bootlid now though as the badges have left the paint underneath like brand new

I'll be ordering the front springs and wheels next week aswell

I'll update with pics as soon as they come through

How do you get rid of stickers on the inside of stickers mate? I've got dealer stickers on mine but my mate said not to bother as they're a bit tricky?
DannyB
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean the dealership garage sticker that you get in back windows and such?
Liam B

30th May 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate and like you got rid of, alarm stickers
DannyB
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 15:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just peel them off mate and get rid of the glue by using glass gleaner or something like that.
Liam B

30th May 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah okay cheers fella!
Corsa_Scotty

30th May 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good mate. i wouldnt mind owning one thats for sure
DannyB
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just going to upload a pic now, stupid yahoo not receiving them. Yeah Scotty, they're really fun little car
DannyB
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rear looks much better now, I just need to get a grommet for the window.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold 23 database queries in 0.1780889 seconds