corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold

New Poll
  <<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 16v XSI - sold
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Nov 09 at 02:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another minor update, I've been trying to find really wide pieces of grip tape but can't anywhere so I've bought a few rolls of it to go where the floor matts would have been once the car is stripped out still waiting on wing mirrors and door pockets.
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off to get flocked soon have to pay for the fibreglass parts this week so it won't be till next week now. Still waiting on manual wing mirrors to turn up and I need to source manual window setup.

ChrisBoom

2nd Nov 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted my door cards today, much tidier

Where did you get the grip tape? Ill need to do the same.

D-day for my project today anyways, off to speak to the old woman I had a garage from before, was chucked out though, hoping to get back in, then the real work on the XSI can start.
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh that was quick, get a pic up in your thread. I bought the grip tape off ebay mate...

clicky
ChrisBoom

2nd Nov 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will get some pics of it once its *hopefully* in its new home.

Cheers for the link, will keep it bookmarked for now, if I get the garage the rest of the interior will be coming out, can do the tape then.
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah cool, be better having a dry space to work on. I just started stripping mine, I took the rear carpet and seats and seat belts off for now, I'll do the side panels tomorow. With it out I can hear how raspy the exhaust is the good news is there is no major rust except one tiny bit of surface rust, and peugeot seem to have forgot to paint the boot floor cheap bastards. I'll be painting that anyway.

ChrisBoom

2nd Nov 09 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was the same, no paint
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking daft isnt it, just means I have to paint the whole of the rear now

[Edited on 02-11-2009 by DannyB]
ChrisBoom

2nd Nov 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got all the paint for mine already, will tackle it once its fully stripped.
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's so fucking loud now it's better though, I'll need to paint it before the rear cards go on aswell but before that there's a few things I'll need to gring off and filler over, old brackets and the likes will be cut off aswell.
ChrisBoom

2nd Nov 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
It's so fucking loud now it's better though, I'll need to paint it before the rear cards go on aswell but before that there's a few things I'll need to gring off and filler over, old brackets and the likes will be cut off aswell.

It gets louder, wait untill the rear cards are off, sound deading out, ear bleeding material

[Edited on 02-11-2009 by ChrisBoom]
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 09 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can imagine, what did you use to get rid of the shite left by all the deadening?
ChrisBoom

2nd Nov 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I can imagine, what did you use to get rid of the shite left by all the deadening?

Rear deadening comes off in one lump, its more like roofing insulation. Fronts had some form of white paper, left half of it on, covered it up with the door cards
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Nov 09 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rear is fully stripped now, the camera die when I went to take a pic though so I'll get one later or tomorow. It's so loud I'll have to put some insulation behind the new rear cards I think.
ChrisBoom

3rd Nov 09 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'll have to put some insulation behind the new rear cards I think.

DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Nov 09 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, it won't add much weight and will be quieter, the noise of the car doesn't annoy me it's the stones and everything flyind round the wheel arches I might not do yet, I'll put the cards on and see how it goes.

[Edited on 03-11-2009 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Nov 09 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a pic anyway, I'll be tidying them wires and getting rid of what won't be used. I'll also need harnasses fitted before the rear cards go on, I bought some off B3KAN but they wen't walkies in the post lol pink boot floor.

ChrisBoom

3rd Nov 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Och, never mind the stones, more road noise the better

Im going to pull the loom out of the rear, take out all the wires/plugs that arnt needed, all thats required back there is the lights.
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Nov 09 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm unsure what to lose at the minute, I'll be tucking the remaing wires down the back of the panels. There's a lot of brackets to cut and grind off aswell.
ChrisBoom

3rd Nov 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm unsure what to lose at the minute, I'll be tucking the remaing wires down the back of the panels. There's a lot of brackets to cut and grind off aswell.

Well I think the only wires that go past the front seats are the rear lights, boot light and wiper motor, plus those plugs that are mounted to the pillar, fuck knows what they do.

I was only planning painting the boot floor, but when I remove all that brackets, theres going to be a whole lot more to paint
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Nov 09 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I wondered what they do, I'll just trace the wires for the lights back and get rid of anything else. Yeah you'll have to paint the whole rear practically as look where the paint ends under the windows, about 3 inches of that will show when the cards go on.
ChrisBoom

3rd Nov 09 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking I should just get rear cards, would look a lot better. Cant face paying £55 for them though.
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Nov 09 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make some yourself, get some perspex sheets from BNQ then cover them with black fabric.
ChrisBoom

3rd Nov 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Make some yourself, get some perspex sheets from BNQ then cover them with black fabric.

Good plan, might just do that.

Edit, I take it you need to bond on your fibreglass cards?

[Edited on 03-11-2009 by ChrisBoom]
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Nov 09 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sent the cheque off for mine today I could bond the back ones on as there's no real need to get behind them that often but the fronts will need screws of some sort I think.

[Edited on 03-11-2009 by DannyB]

<<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold 23 database queries in 0.1079700 seconds