corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  48    49    50    51    52    53    54  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Jamie_Hastings1

User status: Offline
19th Apr 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the tps set up the same as on an xe/let? My tps butterfly was jammed open and it that was my problem.
marklawton

19th Apr 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother thinks its icv as thats what his use to do when his broke. use carb cleaner or wd40 and do it while the engine is running and it should try and cut out

[Edited on 19-04-2010 by marklawton]
Crana

19th Apr 10 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

massive air leak? or try another tb it might be faulty? When my engine first got put in it had a air leak and it was ticking over at 3k+

[Edited on 19-04-2010 by Crana]
Crana

19th Apr 10 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to say mate to test for an air leak get someone brave to put there hand over the throttle body and you will hear the air leak also check all the vac pipes and that they are on right because that would make it idle funny as well and make sure the brake servo vac pipe is in right at both ends hope you get sorted mate as I know its a total kick in the balls feeling when something doesn't work right
billy_t15

20th Apr 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i first got my vtr everytime i turned the ignition on it redlined,
i looked under the bonnet and the 2 bolts that held the rail that plugs into the spark plugs (forgot what its called) like ht leads were ruined so i got new ones and bolted it down properly and now its fine hope this helps
shaunmods
Premium Member

20th Apr 10 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for all your help guys Tonight we tried forcing down onto the powerbox to see if it was a dodgey seal but it make no difference so I'm just about to order a new ICV so I can go from there. I've checked all the vacuum pipes and brake servo connections and they all look fine so I think the ICV is all it can be now
Steve
Premium Member

20th Apr 10 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what happens if you unplug the icv whilst its running

[Edited on 20-04-2010 by Steve]
shaunmods
Premium Member

20th Apr 10 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
what happens if you unplug the icv whilst its running

Just been and tried that Steve, with the ICV unplugged it does exactly the same thing
Steve
Premium Member

20th Apr 10 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm. he says, have you got a resistor to bridge the contacts in the plug?
Chris x

20th Apr 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucked ECU?

Car looks perfect btw Shaun!
Linch

20th Apr 10 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a air leak. everything tight? washers on the bolts on the power box?
Steve
Premium Member

20th Apr 10 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spay wd40 around all the inlet joints and listen for a drop in the revs, that will indicate roughly where a leak is if any
Olsrey

20th Apr 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Linch, it sounds like an air leak. My mates did exactly the same when he fitted his Dbilas manifold. They'd left a bolt loose.
Linch

20th Apr 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ good advice
MarkSport

20th Apr 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with all the lads here shaun.after seeing it in the flesh it seems to be an air leak but the ICV definately needs changing as the hacked one just aint good enough. get sadla to fit the power box again.hes good at that stuff!
shaunmods
Premium Member

20th Apr 10 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I may have found the problem

Me and Alex (AW06) have been racking our brains trying to work out what the hells wrong with it. I got reading on MIG to get some more ideas. One thread had the exact same problem as me and it turn out to be a dodgey TB gaskets so I thought I go and double check mine and found this!

Sorry for the very crap pic. Basically, I've got a stud missing on the throttle body where its held onto the inlet So I reckon thats got to be it? I can't see how the hell I'm going to get a bolt in there though

Edit. Just checked Warrens guide. I can see where I've gone wrong now! For that one you have to screw a stud through the back. Got it I think!!!

[Edited on 20-04-2010 by shaunmods]
dalejones

20th Apr 10 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good effort!
MarkSport

20th Apr 10 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

21st Apr 10 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top work on this, loving how clean the engine bay is, so much attention to detail !
Mark.W

21st Apr 10 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant work Shaun,hope that missing bolt is the one to solve the problem
shaunmods
Premium Member

21st Apr 10 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that didn't go as I'd hoped I was really hoping that the hole went right through to the inside of the inlet chamber so that I could put the bolt in the opposite way to the other three if that makes sense. Basically there isn't enough room to get a big enough bolt in to get a good seal. It really is a shit design compared to the mantzel ones.

I've tried using threaded bar but I just can't see what I'm meant to be doing. There's got to be a certain way of doing it but I'll be damned if I can work out what it is

People using the VX performance inlet - How have you sorted this problem please?

[Edited on 21-04-2010 by shaunmods]
jibjob

21st Apr 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the exact same problem with mine mate. I just tightenend the other 3 up as tight as i could then just sealed that hole shut. Fingers crossed it works i couldnt get a socket or spanner onto the end of the bolt to thats why i just gave up on it
cjohnson

21st Apr 10 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine has a piece of threaded bar through that hole. Mine came with a TB on it already though so I didn't do it, but I presume this was done before it was fitted! haha. You will sort something out mate!
MarkSport

21st Apr 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed there shaun.when that lad on here was selling them he asked for your tb in exchange for one fitted to the power box
shaunmods
Premium Member

21st Apr 10 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted it!! Tonight me and my dad completely stripped down the inlet and re did it from scratch. This time we used gasket sealant to make sure we got good seals. We then put it back together a fired it up and its soo much better! The revs and hunting a little bit and it does sound a bit rough to be honest but it should hopefully sort itself out once it been left to allowed to run and let everything settle down for a bit.

A massive thanks to everyone who's helped me I was so annoyed with it earlier but I'm chuffed to bits now its up and running!

<<  48    49    50    51    52    53    54  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 23 database queries in 0.0255570 seconds