corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  46    47    48    49    50    51    52  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Dale

User status: Offline
11th Apr 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good shaun, coming together well now
taylor2008

11th Apr 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gettin there nw mate whens it going to be up and running?
Ant B

11th Apr 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks mint mate,i mite just come to pvs to see that
shaunmods
Premium Member

11th Apr 10 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads

Warren I know what you mean tbh. Sometimes I wish I hadn't gone so OCD about it I can't see it staying that clean for long as it will be used as my everyday car again. I'll have to try and keep on top of it lol

Dan, by the end of next week

[Edited on 11-04-2010 by shaunmods]
cjohnson

11th Apr 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh ok mate, I'll keep chacking back to see what you do with it lol. you got a link to the hose you bought please?

Cheers.
thegsi

12th Apr 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely stuff Shaun! How much was your catch tank?
shaunmods
Premium Member

12th Apr 10 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
Lovely stuff Shaun! How much was your catch tank?

Just under £28 + postage Jay Heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160403542707&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Sean-B

12th Apr 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ATS is about 25-30mm

One of these is perfect

http://www.viperperformance.co.uk/productsearch.php?xscId=2978&mat=104&filter=63.49mm

Big mistake fitting a cone filter as well Shaun.
The improvement from re-fitting the airbox drilled with a K&N was ridiculous!
NovalutionGSi

12th Apr 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Cheers lads

Warren I know what you mean tbh. Sometimes I wish I hadn't gone so OCD about it I can't see it staying that clean for long as it will be used as my everyday car again. I'll have to try and keep on top of it lol

I'd keep it as a weekend car Shaun..... that is sooooooo clean i wouldnt use it every day! TV Feature FTW.

I've just told Lou i'm having an inlet like yours! plus she adds that she likes the work..... could even grace our drive if your Drifting down Snetterton this year.
andyc1234

12th Apr 10 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good fella. its a nightmare keeping shiny white engine bays clean though. so long as were all clean for pvs still its all good
shaunmods
Premium Member

12th Apr 10 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sean I was hoping it would be alright being as its an enclosed jobbie? If its turns out to be pap I can always change it back. It looks nice though

Adam, I really wish I could keep it as a second car but I can't afford to run both so my 106 has got to go Hopefully next year my insurance will drop down nicely again and so I can look at having a different everyday car again. Its a shame really, I'm not going to be able to tell the gain the inlets makes with it being on from the start. Hoping it frees up a few BHP Really hoping to get a least one drifting round in this year! Havent used my car in about a year

Cheers Andy, I'm gonna be a ghey and not take it out in the rain before pvs to keep it as good as possible lol. After that I'm not going to worry and just try to keep on top of it Lots of wax is the plan!
NovalutionGSi

12th Apr 10 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if you do make it to the 1st Snetterton i'll take you out in OCDC and you'll feel the difference, speaking with my man in the Know these power boxes reduce low rpm torque but up the bhp.
flybikeslee

12th Apr 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coming together well
Matt L

13th Apr 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice shaun will be awesome once its done. was talking to jibjob the other day about having a photoshoot with yours and andyc's too, so hopefully something will get sorted.
cjohnson

13th Apr 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Incase you haven't checked back to my thread mate, the inlet made a good difference to my car. Especially top end of the revs. If you have been in a vtec, when the power just kinda kicks in lol, but not as powerfull obviously. Ordering one of them oil catch tanks tonight
shaunmods
Premium Member

13th Apr 10 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a plan that Matt. Once I've got it back on the road I'll deffo get in touch about sorting something

Its a shame that I'm not going to be able to feel the actual gain of the inlet in a way. I've been out in Sean-B's Corsa a few times which is very similar to mine mods wise and it felt rapid to me! Always brings a smile to my face that car and makes me get all excited about getting mine done The catch tanks looks great and serve a purpose so I'd say definitely go for one
MarkSport

18th Apr 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked really good today mate .shame you forgot to take your 1.0 chip out your key and wondered why it was cutting out

Still I suppose you learn from your mistakes so it's all ok now.Just get the ICV and you will be Happy again
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Apr 10 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mark major fail on my part lol

Well its official...ITS ALIVE! well just about anyway lol

Saturday me and my dad got my Janspeed catback on! Went on nice and easy luckily. We that fitted my new 16v radiator and my slimline fan.

Then today we got the last couple of bits and bobs sorted. This included the vacuum pipes, brake servo pipe, HT leads etc. We then filled it up with the fluids ready to turn the key I was so nervous but excited lol. I turned the key...nothing bloody happened lol. So we went back and checked all the connections and tried again. Turned the key and it turned over!

After a couple more goes it fired up...and swiftly cut out My EML was flashing when the ignition was on so I got myself on good old CS to find the problem, turned out to be the immobiliser. Panic then set in as I thought I may have a mismatched transponder and chip. I'd read a few thread on here which said to tape the new chip to the transponder ring so thats what I did. Me and Mark (little_duke) went to Sadla_xe's who very kindly removed the transponder, ecu and chip from his car for me to try but it dawned on us what the problem was. My 1.0 chip was still in the key so it was trying to read that and not the 1.6 one We quickly took my key apart and fitted the new chip, turned the key and it fired straight up!

However, its revving its arse off so I've only let it run for about 5-10 secs at a time as I dont want to damage anything (that means no vids just yet boo ) so we initially thought it was the ICV. However, I'm now thinking its more likely going to be a vacuum leak after reading a few similar stories on here. I'm going to re-do all my vacuum pipes and makes sure everything is done up correctly first before shelling out for a ICV

How I've left it today. So glad I know it runs now! Can't wait to sort this idle problem

Steve
Premium Member

18th Apr 10 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just unplug the icv and see if the problem goes away or the car dies then youl know

[Edited on 18-04-2010 by Steve]
AlexW

18th Apr 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ICV disconnected it revs to 4k.

I presume the Powerbox was bolted on when you started it? lmfao

Good progress anyhow, Get on msn?

[Edited on 18-04-2010 by AW06]
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Apr 10 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it was bolted on before mate I took it back off again to remove the ICV

Cheers for the tip though lads. I'll give that a go tommorrow

[Edited on 18-04-2010 by shaunmods]
AlexW

18th Apr 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You already taken out the ICV? Where abouts was it? Was it all the way in/all way out?
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Apr 10 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
You already taken out the ICV? Where abouts was it? Was it all the way in/all way out?

Yeah I've got it off the car now. The Haynes manual says it can be a maximum of 33mm. It was set at 31-32mm so pretty close to the max.

Just coming on msn now
barney1.6sport

18th Apr 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine done the same type of thing wen i started it up first time after rebuilding it.
it had sat round 4 a year, i told the lads at my garage and they said just give it a good run up the road and it should sort it.. and it did
been reading this progress thread 4 ages now, keep up the good work matey
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Apr 10 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barney1.6sport
mine done the same type of thing wen i started it up first time after rebuilding it.
it had sat round 4 a year, i told the lads at my garage and they said just give it a good run up the road and it should sort it.. and it did
been reading this progress thread 4 ages now, keep up the good work matey

Cheers! It must be revving to about 4-5k from cold so I've just turned it off straight away because I was worried about breaking something. AW06 has given me some helpful advice over msn about the ICV so I'm going to try those out tomorrow. If not I'll just have to do as you said and see if it calms itself down if all else fails

<<  46    47    48    49    50    51    52  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 23 database queries in 0.1143749 seconds