corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  49    50    51    52    53    54    55  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Griffiths1991

User status: Offline
21st Apr 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Sorted it!! Tonight me and my dad completely stripped down the inlet and re did it from scratch. This time we used gasket sealant to make sure we got good seals. We then put it back together a fired it up and its soo much better! The revs and hunting a little bit and it does sound a bit rough to be honest but it should hopefully sort itself out once it been left to allowed to run and let everything settle down for a bit.

A massive thanks to everyone who's helped me I was so annoyed with it earlier but I'm chuffed to bits now its up and running!

Good to hear
Crana

21st Apr 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine runs a little ruff since I put the powerbox on mate might just need driven for a while
AlexW

21st Apr 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh told ya it was a airleak
Good that ya finally got it sorted.

Hunting etc might be the ICV, as i said that might be a bit iffy. Other than that, you have another problem lol
Ant B

21st Apr 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any vid's of how it sounds now its fixxed shaun?
shaunmods
Premium Member

21st Apr 10 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Alex Got there in the end finally haha

No vids yet Ant. I'll try and do one at the weekend after Its run for a bit
MarkSport

21st Apr 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work mate.let it run for a bit.you know near enough everything is new .
Sean-B

21st Apr 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top work, gasket sealant is a must

[Edited on 21-04-2010 by Sean-B]
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 07:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hunting is more then likely the ecu learning new values for everything
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 07:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Follow this advice

After reconnecting battery, engine should be allowed to idle for 3 minutes, as stored idle and drive values contained within the powertrain control module have been lost. This may cause a driveability concern if the following is not carried out.

Once engine reaches normal operating temperature, revs should be increased to 1,200rpm and maintained for approximately 2 minutes. This will allow powertrain control module to relearn idle values. For powertrain control module to complete its learning strategy, vehicle should be driven for approximately 5 miles of varied driving.
John G

22nd Apr 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Follow this advice

After reconnecting battery, engine should be allowed to idle for 3 minutes, as stored idle and drive values contained within the powertrain control module have been lost. This may cause a driveability concern if the following is not carried out.

Once engine reaches normal operating temperature, revs should be increased to 1,200rpm and maintained for approximately 2 minutes. This will allow powertrain control module to relearn idle values. For powertrain control module to complete its learning strategy, vehicle should be driven for approximately 5 miles of varied driving.

great advise there
shaunmods
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the advice Steve I'll disconnect the battery at the weekend to reset it and redo it again properly as you've said.

The plan for the weekend is to line up my gear stick (neutral is where 3rd is at the minute ) and sort my tracking out so the wheels point straight ready for a test drive
cjohnson

22nd Apr 10 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you sorted it Shaun. I too am gonna reset the ecu the same way. Cheers Steve!
NovalutionGSi

23rd Apr 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Follow this advice

Shall have to remember that when i rob the battery off the corsa for the Nova!

Glad to hear its running right Shaun! whats left for you to do before its on the Road again?
MarkSport

23rd Apr 10 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovalutionGSi

Glad to hear its running right Shaun! whats left for you to do before its on the Road again?

Not alot, I went and seen it.It's about 98% done
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Apr 10 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovalutionGSiGlad to hear its running right Shaun! whats left for you to do before its on the Road again?

Not much at all to get it back on the road now Adam

- Line up my gears
- Tracking
- Test drive it make sure it actually moves
- Fit my dashboard heater control panel and glove box
- Fit front bumper and rear spoiler
- MOT
- Tax
- Insurance

and this is what needs to be done for PVS

- Re fit head unit and re wire in my sub
- Respray slam panel
- Have my wheels refurbished
- Engine bay dressing
- Give it the mother of all cleans! its got 6 months worth of dust and general shit all over it

I'm itching to take it for a spin now All being well I should get to have a quick go sunday!
Gav Corsa

23rd Apr 10 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lovey car mate a credit to you.

you got to get it featured in a mag when finished
Ant B

27th Apr 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks mint shaun and im glad you have sorted the idle problem
daymoon
Premium Member

1st May 10 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shaunmods
Premium Member

1st May 10 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update just for you then mate haha

Well to be honest guys I've had nothing but bad luck with the Corsa this last week or so. We've had a fall out

The problem I had last weekend was the gear linkage. As I mentioned a while back the engine came with a Nova linkage on it. I couldn't get my 1.0 one to work so I tried to modify the nova one. When I connected it all up I could only get 2nd and 4th gears. Spent ages to trying to get the gears but I had no joy. Then after looking at the rear engine mount we saw that that was also from a Nova, this was why I couldn't get my corsa linkage to work. So me and my dad changed the rear engine mount for a corsa one and replaced the whole linkage for the one off my 1.0 lump. Locked the gears and connected it all up and I had gears

The car now idles fine! But now I've been able to run the car properly I've found thats it got a very loud metallic rattle coming from the lower cambelt area. Doesn't sound good at all to be honest! I spoke to Dan-sport about it and he sent me a video of when his waterpump went and it sounds very similar to mine

So I got myself straight onto ebay and bought a new water pump which arrived the next day luckily. Today me and my dad drained the water and started taking the cambelt off. All was going fine and dandy until the bolt holding the tensioner on stripped Stuck now because we can't get the sodding thing off! God knows how we're going to sort it but I'm sure we'll get there in the end. Really losing motivation with it at the minute though. Unless I can sort this rattle problem soon it won't make PVS. Its soo close to being finished though! I will be seriously pissed if I can't get it there
jibjob

1st May 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted mate Hope you get it done in time for PVS! Can you not get a set of grips on the bolt and turn it like that? Youre worried about running out of time with 6 weeks left and im yet to take my engine out
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st May 10 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
Gutted mate Hope you get it done in time for PVS! Can you not get a set of grips on the bolt and turn it like that? Youre worried about running out of time with 6 weeks left and im yet to take my engine out

Well that makes me feel a bit better about the time scale lol! Fair play to you mate You're going to do what took me 6 months in 6 weeks

Can't get grips on its because the heads round if it wasn't in the car it would be a doddle to sort lol
AlexW

1st May 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I done mine with grips bud, was a pain, but im preety sure how me and my mate ended up doing it.

Msn as always bud!
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st May 10 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have another go with the grips then lads. might be me just pussy footing about with it too much

and cheers alex my little helper lol
jibjob

1st May 10 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried mole grips? Thats how i managed to get my engine cover bolts off and they were round. Just set it so its stupidly tight and you can only just about squeeze the handle together and it should hold.

Ye i really should have started it by now but im still waiting on my hoses Its all getting done in 6 days from running to stripped to running again Its going to be a squeeze!
AlexW

1st May 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^as said, They are a pain and i rounded the one off on my nova, thats even worse than a corsa, had to drop the engine off the drivers side mount to get to it.

<<  49    50    51    52    53    54    55  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 23 database queries in 0.2768919 seconds