corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  50    51    52    53    54    55    56  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st May 10 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh my this sounds like its going to be a right barrel of laughs...Still got those matches and the jerry can handy Alex?
AlexW

1st May 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure i can get some yes.

Il bring my nova to put on the fire too?

[Edited on 01-05-2010 by AW06]
jibjob

1st May 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont give up mate! It'll be worth all the shouting, swearing and getting frustrated to see it getting loads of attention
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st May 10 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm only playing Jon lol. It'll take a lot more than this to make me give up Like I say its so close to being finished now. Still can't wait for the first drive!
AlexW

1st May 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might be kidding, but il soon bring the matches and petrol up

Gettt on msn! Im bored lol
jibjob

1st May 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know mate But ive seen people with projects like this just give up when a run of things dont go right and it would be the worlds biggest shame if you didnt get this finished Are you going PVS for the weekend Shaun?

That first drive and you will know its all been worth it
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st May 10 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im off to bed in a min alex gotta be up early so could do with an early night (god I sound old lol) I'll be on tomorrow dude

Just going on the Sunday again this year Jon That reminds me...still not bought my tickets oops. Better sort that asap or it definitely wont be at pvs lol
AlexW

1st May 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Booo.

IF i make PV this year, You have to be there, Just so i can laugh at the engine of doom that resides in your engine bay
Chris x

1st May 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your car is going to feel rapid when you first take it out
FruitBooTeR

1st May 10 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont give up Shaun almost there! All these niggles and stress will be worth it when you see your masterpiece sitting there glistening on the field at pvs (Thats if it doesnt rain lol )
Ryan_G1

2nd May 10 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
The car now idles fine! But now I've been able to run the car properly I've found thats it got a very loud metallic rattle coming from the lower cambelt area. Doesn't sound good at all to be honest! I spoke to Dan-sport about it and he sent me a video of when his waterpump went and it sounds very similar to mine

Did you change the timing belt, pullys and tensioner on the engine?
Steve
Premium Member

2nd May 10 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it just a rounded off bolt head? Ebay irwin bolt extractors they work for rounded off bolts only cost bout 20 quid
harrisp

2nd May 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
is it just a rounded off bolt head? Ebay irwin bolt extractors they work for rounded off bolts only cost bout 20 quid

Cant see them working as a tensioner bolt has got a very very shallow head.
Ryan_G1

2nd May 10 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just re red your post there, is it the torx bolt that holds the tensioner onto the block thats rounded?
dean101287

2nd May 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the tensioner there is the allen hole that you use to tighten the belt up. If you put an allen key in it and turn it anti-clockwise it will loosen and the torx bolt should be able to be unscrewed by hand.

Mine did the exact same thing and after spending half hour with a hammer a screwdriver we did this and it was out.
AlexW

2nd May 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_G1
Just re red your post there, is it the torx bolt that holds the tensioner onto the block thats rounded?

Yeah he did change the belt and everything but the water pump.

And yeah it is that bolt.
Ryan_G1

2nd May 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just chap a 45 torx into it when the head chews, if that fails get a long chisel and use that to slacken it.
kylesri

2nd May 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where abouts did u buy your raceland manifold?
NovalutionGSi

2nd May 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell you what Shaun, if you want to give up on this i'll gladly swap you the Nova.... then you can weld the fucking thing up!
jibjob

2nd May 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to ask you mate where did you get the induction hose from and can you fit it to your airbox? I need one to go from my inlet to my airbox as i just dont like the look of filters Have you figured out what your doing with the inlet air temp sensor yet?
shaunmods
Premium Member

2nd May 10 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
Forgot to ask you mate where did you get the induction hose from and can you fit it to your airbox? I need one to go from my inlet to my airbox as i just dont like the look of filters Have you figured out what your doing with the inlet air temp sensor yet?

Its a Roose on I got direct from them mate. Its too long to fit an airbox onto but as you can see in the pics it tucks my viper into the corner nicely At the minute the air temp sensors just floating about, I'm going to make a hole in the underside of the pipe and push it in so it gets a accurate reading.

Cheers for all the times as well guys The cambelt, rollers and tensioner were all replaced before the engine went in but as AW06 said I didn't replace the water pump. Tomorrow I'm going to do as Dean said and try to untension it. Cheers for the tip bud, fingers crossed that helps

Adam I'm sure I'll be able to soldier on lol but thanks for the offer Can't wait see your nova back on the road! We never did do a photoshoot of them together
NovalutionGSi

3rd May 10 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check JOV mate, you might never get to do it..... at least not as DUC, got to make my mind up on what route too take. Infact i'll update my thread here when i find it!
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd May 10 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam as much as it pains me to say it do you think its come to the end of the road?

This morning me and my dad set to work on it. First off I want to say a HUGE thanks to Dean for his advice on the tensioner. I did what you said and I had it off it 2 minutes So with that finally off we took the cambelt off and removed the old water pump. I turned it by hand off the car and you could hear it making a noise. We then refitted my nice new water pump and got the cambelt on. It took us a while to get all the timing lined up but we had the whole thing done in under two hours

My dad then gave me the go ahead to start it up. God I was nervous I started it up and no more screeching rattle GET IN!! It sounds soo much better! Its tapping a little bit but that should clear once its been allowed to run for longer than 2 minutes and been driven

So pleased at the minute...I love my Corsa again Just need to start refitting everything and get it ready for its MOT. Should be able to take it for a spin on the weekend as well so excited now!

Also want to say thanks to Dan-sport who gave me the idea of the water pump being broke. Cheers bud!

[Edited on 03-05-2010 by shaunmods]
dean101287

3rd May 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No problem
Mark.W

3rd May 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff Shaun your gonna love it when out on the road

<<  50    51    52    53    54    55    56  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 23 database queries in 0.2798619 seconds