corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  45    46    47    48    49    50    51  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Ryan_G1

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that gearlinkage is from a Nova. Same as the gearbox mount that was on the gearbox in your before engine pics mate.
kylesri

3rd Apr 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are you doing with the dash
cayenne15
Premium Member

3rd Apr 10 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad i could help mate!! i look sexy with that loom shame about the little snag but shouldnt be too hard to sort out
dan-sport

3rd Apr 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you gonna do shaun? fit the one from the 1.0l?
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd Apr 10 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle the dash is just going straight back in as soon as the new loom has been fitted

lol cheers Luke!

Dan, thats the plan mate yeah. I'm not sure if its the same as the rest of the range but its worth a try while I've got one here. If it doesn't work I'll have to try and source another one. £105 + VAT for a brand new one so Im really hoping my old one fits lol.

[Edited on 03-04-2010 by shaunmods]
dan-sport

4th Apr 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't go new tbh scrappy and the 1.0l one will be the same i would of though
AlexW

4th Apr 10 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.0 is the same.

Its not a massive job to change the linkage anyhow

[Edited on 04-04-2010 by AW06]
swill_omnibus

4th Apr 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame about the linkage mate, but seems straight forward just an inconvinience more than anything!

Im talking to a few people in AUS now about parts and that's a pain as their 10hours ahead
Ant B

9th Apr 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any updates
shaunmods
Premium Member

9th Apr 10 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah got a few updates to report Ant

Well the first thing I tackled was the gear linkage. I took the Nova one off the car and then stripped the old one off my 1.0 12v lump. I cleaned it up and a bit and then went to fit it. Didn't fit did it It was a different shape and hit against the gearbox when you tried to change gear. I knew the Nova one fitted ok so me and my dad set about modifying it. I ended up removing the Corsa clamp part of the linkage and fitted it onto the Nova one. Refitted it and it fits fine! The only slight issue I have is that the ball joint connection is slightly loser than I wanted. I need to try some harsh gear changes to see whether it can manage them without popping off. Other than that its all gravy!

While I was fitting the gear linkage we also noticed that the speedo sensor in the gearbox was a cable driven one. So that was removed and changed for a electronic one to go with my new sport clocks

Now that the old loom had been removed thanks to the help from Luke and Dan I started fitting the new one. I layed it into the car and fed it through the bulkhead

Then the dashboard went back into place and I started putting the loom into place

Then I started refitting the dash parts. Got a few bits left to do to it but pretty happy that I got this far with it

Then on Sunday me and my dad fitted the engine loom We fed it through the bulk head and laid it in place. We started connecting up the wires, while we were doing this I found that I was missing a few sensors which I've now bought.

Next we started fitting and connecting the pipework and mounted the powersteering pump ready for my new belt to go on

Heres how the engine bay now looks!

There will be loads more updates within the next couple of days Its so close now I'm stupidly excited!
Ant B

9th Apr 10 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work shaun,im looking into swapping my engine over in my 1.2 8v to a 1.6 16v next year but i dont know if im brave enough to do it as ive never done a conversion before.
that is a very sexy looking engine bay though mate,i will hopefully see this at pvs if ive passed my test by then,as i dont want to look a complete noob going on L plates again lol.good work tho mate

[Edited on 09-04-2010 by Ant B]
shaunmods
Premium Member

9th Apr 10 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ant B
good work shaun,im looking into swapping my engine over in my 1.2 8v to a 1.6 16v next year but i dont know if im brave enough to do it as ive never done a conversion before.
that is a very sexy looking engine bay though mate,i will hopefully see this at pvs if ive passed my test by then,as i dont want to look a complete noob going on L plates again lol.good work tho mate

Cheer bud. I'm sure you'll be fine though I had to go to shows with my L's on to start with to lol. Just whip them off when you park up and nobody will be any the wiser lol. Don't miss out on the fun because of it though mate
Ant B

9th Apr 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i could do but i went last year with L on,so i dont really want to go again with them on lol,but in a way i really want to go.
i mite just book my tickets lol
dan-sport

9th Apr 10 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good shaun, the hard part is done now it will be running by next weekend
billy_t15

9th Apr 10 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did u sort the gear linkage out
i went to view a corsa today which had a tigra engine and stuff and the gears are all over to the right
so gear 5 the stick is like pushed into the drivers seat?
FAZ
Premium Member

10th Apr 10 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks really good shaun , but why didnt you get a black carpet whilst all the dash was out?
Sean-B

10th Apr 10 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can change a carpet without the dash being out faz
shaunmods
Premium Member

10th Apr 10 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All being well Dan it should be ready to start then

Billy, thats sounds like the neutral position hasn't been set right to me. I haven't done this on mine yet, I've got it where I think it should be, Just need to get under the car to connect it all and try it. So you'd probably need to disconnect the gearstick from the linkage and move it over to a better position

Yeah Sean is right Faz, luckily the carpet can come out without having the dash out. Its not majorly important at the minute I'll probably do it at some point over the summer

[Edited on 11-04-2010 by shaunmods]
shaunmods
Premium Member

11th Apr 10 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update as promised Its still not running though

During the week I got a few jobs out of the way thanks to my little helper, Luke cheers dude! When the boot was resprayed and smoothed the rubber surrounds were removed so we got those refitted. Wasn't as hard as we first thought it was going to be thank god.

I didn't get quite as much as I wanted to get done today but still made good progress with it. The main job today was to finish all the pipework and wiring. When first started fitting the loom I noticed I was missing a few sensors so I bought then during the week and got them all fitted. This included and new Coolant temperature sensor, lambda, MAP, and oxygen temperature sensor.

Now that all that was sorted we fitted the loom for the injectors etc. Took us a while to work out how it was all going to go but we got there in the end. This then meant that I could finally fit my powerbox properly I cleaned the TB out and connected the throttle cable. I just need to extend the brake servo hose and make my vacuum hoses

I also painted my pipercross viper filter in Star Silver to match my other engine bits. Bought a nice Roose 45 degree induction hose as well to fit it with. I wasnt going to buy one from Roose to start with because of their rip off postage costs but I wanted all the hoses to match so thought sod it!

Heres we've left the engine bay for today. popped the viper on quickly to check it all fitted ok and for a quick snap Would have been rude not to lol

Exhaust was next! We fitted the second part of the raceland manifold and my new cat.

Finally a few pics of my lastest purchases

Oil catch tank

10" slimline fan

and all the fluids for the engine

Still on target to have it running by the end of next week. Plenty to keep me busy but just little jobs now
jibjob

11th Apr 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking amazing mate Cant wait to see it at PVS! Really need to pull my finger out and get my done yours is putting it to shame massively Did you have to put the vacuum outlet on the powerbox yourself as the one ive got has just got a small and large outlets but only two not 3 like yours

[Edited on 11-04-2010 by jibjob]
daymoon
Premium Member

11th Apr 10 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that exhaust..... soooo lovely!

The only thing i dont like is the induction kit.... standard airbox looks better.
Griffiths1991

11th Apr 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mint.
cjohnson

11th Apr 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you going to do about the air temp sensor in that roose hose mate? Interested cause I fitted my powerbox this weekend, and I'm after a nice tidy pipe like that for the filter, but was wondering if you would have to order a special one with a port for the sensor?

Looking amazing mate!
shaunmods
Premium Member

11th Apr 10 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys!

Jon, The kit came with all the piping for the vacuum hoses, I just need to cut/split them with T pieces to go of to their different points. The other outlet on mine is for fuel tank vent valve I think because its got a vacuum outlet on it as well.

My plan for the air temp sensor is to make a hole in the underside of the silicone hose so you cant see it and then slot the sensor into it...hopefully. I'm not sure how big the actual sensor is though cos I'm still waiting for them to deliver it. If its a bit beasty I might need to rethink it lol
Warren G

11th Apr 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks to clean for me :s

<<  45    46    47    48    49    50    51  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 23 database queries in 0.2837560 seconds