corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Internet speed help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Internet speed help
J1

User status: Offline
   12th Oct 09 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have recently moved home and I had to take BT broadband with me as I'm tied in for another 10 months. Problem is the speed is crap. It's only 0.5 meg speed an I did a speed test from some site and apparently I'm only running 0.25 Mbps. Can I do anything to speed it up?
strick206

12th Oct 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, in my experience ADSL broadband is generally shit

Much prefer cable, but just bought myself a house and i have to go with ADSL
N3CRO

12th Oct 09 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT are crap. Seriously. I had to get away from them, I even paid off the rest of my contract coz they were that bad.
I was paying quite a bit for 8Mb but only getting 0.25 and after phoning them every day for a month and listening to each crap excuse and having an engineer round and he said everything was fine, shouldn't be a problem, I told them where to shove it!

Now, I'm on O2 and happily getting a constant 12-14Mb outta the 16Mb I'm paying for, even though BT told me on numorous occasions that my phone line could only take 0.25Mb.

Seriously, if you can afford to, get out.
Whittie

13th Oct 09 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nextdoors internet is doing me proud... (asked him to use it, whilst BT is getting sorted, lol)
J1

13th Oct 09 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there anything i can do to speeed up my internet on my wireless laptop while im on the subject
strick206

13th Oct 09 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
BT are crap. Seriously. I had to get away from them, I even paid off the rest of my contract coz they were that bad.
I was paying quite a bit for 8Mb but only getting 0.25 and after phoning them every day for a month and listening to each crap excuse and having an engineer round and he said everything was fine, shouldn't be a problem, I told them where to shove it!

I had the same problem and after working my way from the slums in india through to the head of the indian call centre, then moved onto the english call centre, my remaining 7 months of my contract were terminated with no charge

just got o2 myself, and i'm astonished at how good the speed is for adsl, was expecting to get about 0.25 if i was lucky
_Allan_

13th Oct 09 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My o2 aint bad tonight

New Poll