corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Tiscalli?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tiscalli?
Ryan

User status: Offline
   13th Dec 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is anybody else with them?
if so how do you find it?

ive been trying to update my ps3 for 2 weeks now and it wont let me.

i can still use my laptop and even the browser on the ps3, but they just dont seem to like you using online gaming.

they are starting to really p**s me off.

_Allan_

13th Dec 08 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

g/f has just left them and gone to Sky. They take the piss with throttling almost to BT levels
Ryan

13th Dec 08 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know yea, thing is the parents are happy with it as they only use it for browsing occasionally, so they say they are not going to change it!

does anybody know if when you download a ps3 update wether its the actual console that updates or is it the connection (if that makes sense) if its the console i should be able to update it at a mates house, yes?

[Edited on 13-12-2008 by RYAN89]
Marc

13th Dec 08 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Allan says, dreadful provider. Incompetant customer service, they also lie to you! The throttling takes the piss.
Ryan

13th Dec 08 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The customer service is dreadfull yes, indian children that dont speak a word of english, they probably get paid in boiled eggs or something though so works out for tiscalli.
_Allan_

13th Dec 08 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have a PS3 but someone will know.
Mike GSi

14th Dec 08 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im now with BT , Tiscali are absolute shit, i couldnt play online games at all unlesss it was off peek times!

Tiscali have a shit way of providing you internet, basically, if you pay for 8meg, you dont ever get the full 8 meg, what they do is provide people more internet when theyre downloading etc, but not only are they providing the other customers with more internet speed etc, its coming from your speed if you get me, so your speed will be constantly changing, if you read the small print youll see what i mean, under peer2peer i think
N3CRO

14th Dec 08 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And now you're with BT!?
Good fucking luck mate
Matt L

14th Dec 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are with tiscali at home utter cr*p most of the time. last time they updated the system we were without net for atleast 2 weeks
drunkenfool

15th Dec 08 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad is with Tiscali (moved from BT which they had no problems with at all) and my dad says its fine, but thats cos all he uses the net for is browsing and email. Any large file downloads are incredibly slow, and the connection drops quite often. DNS servers have gone down twice too just when ive tried to use it and i dont even live there! Ive no idea why my dad tries to stick up for them almost like he has some personal interest invested in the company when they are utter shite!
Oh, and ive been with Nildram for 4 years, tiscali bought them out about 6 months ago and my connection which was 800+ kB/s ALL the time, we are now lucky to get 120kB/s peak rate, and never see over 700 even though the modem is still syncning at the full 8mbps speed.
Brett
Premium Member

16th Dec 08 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn, i've just signed up to Tiscali

Tiscali bought Pipex didn't they?

Only got it because it's £6.50 for the first 6months or somethin. At that price I can handle it not being lightning fast.
nik

16th Dec 08 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT seems fine, been with them 4 years now just they are expensive.

New Poll