corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NTL customers... :D

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NTL customers... :D
ashoasis

User status: Offline
9th Mar 05 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by set top boxes do you mean cable modems?
Richie

9th Mar 05 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is happening with most major broadband providers eg. if ur on 1 meg they bump you up to 2 meg ect ect

Just dont it with Nildram, had to pay £12 to get it fast tracked tho
Super_si

9th Mar 05 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet , if you dont request upgrade what happens??

Kepp 700k and unlimited BW?
Tim
Site Administrator

9th Mar 05 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave17
il be upgraded to 2mb, what my bandwidth with that?

2mbit/s is your bandwidth... if you mean converted into bytes just divide by 8...

You'll get 256kb/s max... (2048/8)
Robbo

9th Mar 05 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
This is happening with most major broadband providers eg. if ur on 1 meg they bump you up to 2 meg ect ect

Just dont it with Nildram, had to pay £12 to get it fast tracked tho
Yep same with PIPEX they put us up to 2MB from 1MB but I paid £15 for now rather than wait until summer
VegasPhil
Premium Member

9th Mar 05 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about Tesco

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dave17

10th Mar 05 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
quote:
il be upgraded to 2mb, what my bandwidth with that?

2mbit/s is your bandwidth... if you mean converted into bytes just divide by 8...

You'll get 256kb/s max... (2048/8)

sorry i meant whats my bandwith limit? ie 1gb a day?
Swiftie

10th Mar 05 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30GB / Month

[Edited on 10-03-2005 by Swiftie]
Dom

10th Mar 05 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right guys -

if your on the 300k service you CAN go up to the 1mb service (your choice) but you have a limit of 3gb a month (which you have to accept for the increase).

All 750k people will go up to 2mb and 1.5mb folk will see 3mb for nout extra, and you will still get the current 'sticky' cap - and there rolling it all out from the 8th, so you should get it sorted over the next couple of weeks

Upload limits increase (in some cases) -
1MB = 100K
2MB = 200K
3MB = 300K

If you use a Pace STB for your cable access, you will need to upgrade to a new silver samsung jobby (generally better) to go for speeds higher than 1mb (as the Pace's network limit is 1mb). Otherwise if you have a stand alone cable modem or already have a samsung box your sorted

As for the caps, well currently there not firm caps - therefore if they only see extreme heavy usage will they contact you. 1mb service users get 3gb a month, while 2mb and 3mb people still get the current 1gb daily limit.
However, im sure they will start looking at enforcing these caps (especially if peeps start taking the piss with their connections) in the future, and i have heard of stories that your connection will drop down to 56k once your over your monthly/daily limit - but this ISN'T in place yet, so just continue as normal (dont go hammering the new connection though)

eitherway, if you are an NTL customer then make sure you have a butchers at www.cableforum.co.uk - loads of ntl techies/beta testers etc are on the forums, so you'll hear of any future updates alot quicker than waiting for NTL to tell you

[Edited on 10-03-2005 by Dom]
dave17

10th Mar 05 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohhhh so i get a shiny new Samsung box then, sweeeeeeeet
Dom

10th Mar 05 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ohhhh so i get a shiny new Samsung box then, sweeeeeeeet

thats if you use the STB for your net access - ie: patch cable goes into the back of it etc and your on a tier over 1mb - you'll need to phone up customer services though
Otherwise, your Set Top Box doesnt change

But ive just upgraded, getting a steady 190 down from uk servers, which isnt too bad...although it isnt too bright neither, but im guessing its the web server having a limit - an not the shite NTL network it has

btw one more thing, using the link first posted by dave....you need to use the login details of your main account, the user details that you used when you first registered the cable modem - you cannot use your add-on mailbox user details (unlike you can with any of there other settings you can do etc).
dave17

10th Mar 05 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i tryed on the site, but it didnt let me do it, so i jus phoned customer services, they asked me what box i had (pace) and said that i can only get 1MB through that, so there sending out an engineer to put in a new box for me, so i can get the 2MB
Dom

10th Mar 05 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeh i tryed on the site, but it didnt let me do it, so i jus phoned customer services, they asked me what box i had (pace) and said that i can only get 1MB through that, so there sending out an engineer to put in a new box for me, so i can get the 2MB

Dodgy preview pics of the samsung box (im sure there are better) -

but overall its suppose to be alot better than previous pace boxes - especially for interactive stuff (which is still shite compared with sky etc). However, there are a number of bugs with them, especially the picture one - where it will automatically rescale the image into a 4:3 picture, instead of windscreen or 16:9 etc. But my pace box does something similar at the moment anyways
JJ

10th Mar 05 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shweet
dave17

10th Mar 05 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh wel, that looks better than the pile of plastic shite ive had for years anyway

might get a new remote toooooooo

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NTL customers... :D 24 database queries in 0.0181000 seconds