corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just bin out in my bro's 20XE Nova in the wet....

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just bin out in my bro's 20XE Nova in the wet....
xedos@hotmail

User status: Offline
30th Jul 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
yep......a well looked after 15 year old nova will have little or no rust, where as a thrashed and ragged 10 year old corsa will do.

You wouldnt compare a ragged car to a well kept one regardless of the make you bellend
BabyBlade

30th Jul 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33
quote:
i agree with ur sarcasm....they are crap....they look crap, their safety features are poor, many of the older models had a lot of rust and that why i bought a 1.2 corsa instead of a 1.2 nova.

However, like for like in engine sizes, they will beat corsa's both in a straight line and round corners. Fact. And believe it or not, that is what this post is about

Matt

I would have to disagree.

IMO the Nova 1.3 SR is faster than mine, however i do not think the GTE/GSI would beat a corsa GSI.

My friend has a GSI and its only quicker than my car in first and a part of second, after that i stuck with him.

He even admitted i was keeping up.

so ur sayin that a Nova 1300cc SR would beat urs.....but u keep up with a 1600i GTE/GSi......? Ur mates GSi must be mashed mate......coz that just dont make sense.

Matt

My point exactly. The engines are worn mate thats why today i dont think you got a point, however when they first come out i think it would be close.
luca2020

30th Jul 03 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with damio, id much rather have a tidy nova than a tidy punto

my 1.4SR was absolutly mint, and kept up with nova GTE's (had a few tuning goddies) and handled like it was on tracks
BabyBlade

30th Jul 03 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Fair point m8 but the bit about bein the same build quality i'm not sure if thats true, Ford for example the series 1 turbo's build quality was shit due to the thin steel that they used where as the series 2 model was made with much thicker steel, not sure if thats the same senario with vauxhall.

Yeah i wasnt sure about it when i wrote it tbh, the novas have a thinner steel but not sure how much of a difference it would have made.
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xedos@hotmail
quote:
yep......a well looked after 15 year old nova will have little or no rust, where as a thrashed and ragged 10 year old corsa will do.

You wouldnt compare a ragged car to a well kept one regardless of the make you bellend

No but what i was gettin at is the way in which a car is looked after will make a difference. ie: a looked after older nova will be in better condition than a not so looked after younger corsa.....dispite that fact that they are of poor quality built, and susceptableness to rust, tosser

Eg...My 10 year old corsa, that has full vauxhall service history, (serviced twice yearly from 93-97), and owned by one gentleman since new who had it garaged, had alot of rust on the underside, b pillar cracks, arches etc..... Where as my brother's nova which i believe has been ragged to bits since birth, messed around with, had only slight rust to one arch before it went into the bodyshop for its makeover.

Matt
Daimo B

30th Jul 03 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so its a Euro Nova, and it has thiose orrid 14"s, but the guys done this himself.

Never seen a punto as clean, tidy, or well maintained as that!!
Then theres Brett (??) Turquiose green Nova on TB, An amazing car. Also, that SBD 225bhp 2.1 16v, Perspex windows, blue, painted alloys. Also, @ PVS, a yellow Nova, blakc 17"s, bit like the one above, twin chromed carbs etc.

Novas are a passion for a lot of people. Puntos are not liked like that. There are reasons
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by luca2020

my 1.4SR was absolutly mint, and kept up with nova GTE's (had a few tuning goddies) and handled like it was on tracks

make that 2 of us who agree with daimo.

I no wot u mean m8, my mates nova 1400SR with various mods is rapid as anything. Although never tried agaist a GTE/GSi, it does eat corsa 1.4 8v SRis for breakfast

[Edited on 30-07-2003 by MattyB]
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Also, that SBD 225bhp 2.1 16v, Perspex windows, blue, painted alloys.

Thats now dead, sittin on a driveway 2 roads away. But that was unbeliveable quick, and pre-death, it was running bout 245bhp. Whole lot is gettin transplanted into a new shell, which shud b a stunner.

Matt
xedos@hotmail

30th Jul 03 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Is that not like saying, Id rather live in a tidy caravan, rather than a tidy flat?
xedos@hotmail

30th Jul 03 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok so its a Euro Nova, and it has thiose orrid 14"s, but the guys done this himself.

Never seen a punto as clean, tidy, or well maintained as that!!
Then theres Brett (??) Turquiose green Nova on TB, An amazing car. Also, that SBD 225bhp 2.1 16v, Perspex windows, blue, painted alloys. Also, @ PVS, a yellow Nova, blakc 17"s, bit like the one above, twin chromed carbs etc.

Novas are a passion for a lot of people. Puntos are not liked like that. There are reasons

Yep, their cheaper and the masses can afford them, I mean; who cannot afford £10 for a car.
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Is that not like saying, Id rather live in a tidy caravan, rather than a tidy flat?

erm....no not really.
Daimo B

30th Jul 03 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yep, their cheaper and the masses can afford them, I mean; who cannot afford £10 for a car.

LMFAO what a retard So the guy above only spent £10 on this Nova then? Mind u, i guess u only spent about £20 on your punto?
xedos@hotmail

30th Jul 03 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If something costs £1million, only a few people can buy something. If something is priced at £500,000 then twice as many people will be able to afford one.

You following ? (just try I know its hard)

So, take a nova, produced over decades, made millions, cost pennies, this means that everyone who can afford a penny chew could potentially buy a Nova, and have, so therefore by the masses dictating the market more people have the Nova and have modified it. Getit ? Silly question really. Stick to posing in future lol
Daimo B

30th Jul 03 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy any shitty car, but it takes time and money to build it Dumb arse

And as for what u say, well, Puntos aint exactly expensive, and theres far more highly modified corsas, built to the same kind of standard as above as there are novas.

No-one wants to do the punto's

And why should something written by such an idiot as yourself (i know im bored, lets try to start winding people up, yeah, nice guy muppet ) be so hard to understand by me. It like reading a comic book your replies

Go back to wonderland my sweet
xedos@hotmail

30th Jul 03 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont call me your sweet, Ive never slept with you.

As for my replies, it is but alas most enjoyable also winding you up too.

Daimo B

30th Jul 03 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not wound up my suger dumpling, far from it Im glad your "getting off" on trying though Your a real man.

How old u say u were again?
xedos@hotmail

30th Jul 03 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im 39.

Im getting off on winding you up, if only getting off was so easy, takes my left hand 3 weeks to jack me off these days.
Sooty
Banned

30th Jul 03 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo... your an A class twat

[Edited on 30-07-2003 by Sooty]

[Edited on 30-07-2003 by Sooty]
Dan_Corsa

30th Jul 03 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall nova 2.0 16v quarter mile in 14.82@93.77mph 2.0 16v standard engine stripped interior 15/09/02 Santa-pod Mike

astra gte 2.0 16v quarter mile in 14.82@94.12mph standard engine and K&N filter 164bhp 01/09/02 Santa pod
ED

explain that mattyb

some how i think your bro's nova is producing more power than your letting on

[Edited on 30-07-2003 by Dan_Corsa]
Marc

30th Jul 03 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot i wanna kno is how they got 14bhp from a k&n
Adam-D

30th Jul 03 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vmarc
wot i wanna kno is how they got 14bhp from a k&n

shhhh secret is the bigger the better

14bhp
BabyBlade

30th Jul 03 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

make that 2 of us who agree with daimo.

I no wot u mean m8, my mates nova 1400SR with various mods is rapid as anything. Although never tried agaist a GTE/GSi, it does eat corsa 1.4 8v SRis for breakfast

If its tuned i should hope its faster. I'd say the 1400's are on par, so if its tuned it would be faster, would no way eat my car for breakfast

[Edited on 30-07-2003 by Sethion33]
kro

31st Jul 03 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Im sorry fella, somethings wrong. It won't be able to to it that fast. Even teh 2.0ltire Turbo or B00ST's corsa with 18"s was only doing a 14.4!!! And thats got nearly doublt the bhp!!!

dats with he 18;s , imagine having on 16s, customised suspension and amongst other goodies.. ( and no they ain't neons:lol.. will be kinda fast..
fordxr3

31st Jul 03 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If something costs £1million, only a few people can buy something. If something is priced at £500,000 then twice as many people will be able to afford one.

You following ? (just try I know its hard)

So, take a nova, produced over decades, made millions, cost pennies, this means that everyone who can afford a penny chew could potentially buy a Nova, and have, so therefore by the masses dictating the market more people have the Nova and have modified it. Getit ? Silly question really. Stick to posing in future lol

TRUE BUT THIINK BOUT IT, every car is almost worthless at one point so is'nt it a waste of money buying £20,000 new cars that only owrht £4000 about 5- 6 years later?????

a nova gsi is faster than corsa gsi????my opinion is that they're about the same, 1.4sri corsa faster than 1.3 sr FACT, i would rather a gsi nova in mint condition unmolested and save the extra pennies that a corsa would cost to buy a manta gt/e,

but i would only ever have a gt/e or gsi nova nothing less,

i like my xr3i's they're equal to a nova gsi speed wise

[Edited on 31-07-2003 by fordxr3]
nik

31st Jul 03 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
This thread is gHey.

I repeat...

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just bin out in my bro's 20XE Nova in the wet.... 22 database queries in 0.0204320 seconds