corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just bin out in my bro's 20XE Nova in the wet....

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just bin out in my bro's 20XE Nova in the wet....
MattyB

User status: Offline
30th Jul 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
i feel the 14.4 would be hard to replicate

Nova with full interior and 17's

once i get the daft bugger rebuilt i'll get some better times

i can only tell on here wot the print out from santa pod RWYB on sun 27th April Shows, and what the car had in it at the point it was taken up the strip.

The nova is up at the pod this sunday at the RWYB event, will post up details after that. Now the car is running bout 165bhp, has a fully stripped out rear, power cap, full zaust with back box only, phase 1 tuning kit from wallace performance, my brother believes a 14.2 should be possible.

Matt
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom D
Nova's are sh1t, yes they can go a tiny bit faster than corsa's but corsa is an alround better package.

i agree, although i dont think i could say they are ALL 'shit'. The majority tho, yes .

But 0.3s up the 1/4.....i wouldnt call that so "tiny". In fact, quite a noticeable difference, which is what this post is all about.

Matt

[Edited on 30-07-2003 by MattyB]
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
quote:
and again.....

my old 1.4 sport would beat Nova GTE/GSi's on the strip....... also Corsa GSi's mind

i hear another Corsa V Nova day cominf on....

i do agree the cars are much the same..... corsa is just a new nova..... half the bloody parts are from the nova anyway

i do not doubt this occured at all, but a STANDARD corsa 1.4 16 would not beat a decent Standard nova GSi/GTE/corsa GSi. In fact, a standard 1.4 16v would struggle to pull past decent but standard nova 1.4 SR. Although book figures would suggest otherwise, i'm talkin bout real races here.

Matt

Real Races

so.... a timed 1/4 mile strip isnt a real race? what is.... an off the lights blat in a city centre

sorry i didnt put myself clearly. I just meant by that, that it doesnt all come down to book figures, because as we all know, in reality, these are often incorrect.

Was ur 1.4 16v totally std, and u beat corsa 1.6 16v? Coz if this is the case, i'm sure u'll agree, that unless ur side of the strip was down hill and u had a tail wind, the other driver(s) must have been crap.

Matt
vibrio
Banned

30th Jul 03 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
and again.....

my old 1.4 sport would beat Nova GTE/GSi's on the strip....... also Corsa GSi's mind

i do agree the cars are much the same..... corsa is just a new nova..... half the bloody parts are from the nova anyway

i do not doubt this occured at all, but a STANDARD corsa 1.4 16 would not beat a decent Standard nova GSi/GTE/corsa GSi. In fact, a standard 1.4 16v would struggle to pull past decent but standard nova 1.4 SR. Although book figures would suggest otherwise, i'm talkin bout real races here.

Matt

Real Races

so.... a timed 1/4 mile strip isnt a real race? what is.... an off the lights blat in a city centre

yes Adam. quickest down union street
vibrio
Banned

30th Jul 03 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
and again.....

Matt

Real Races

sorry i didnt put myself clearly. I just meant by that, that it doesnt all come down to book figures, because as we all know, in reality, these are often incorrect.

Was ur 1.4 16v totally std, and u beat corsa 1.6 16v? Coz if this is the case, i'm sure u'll agree, that unless ur side of the strip was down hill and u had a tail wind, the other driver(s) must have been crap.

Matt

please tell me the book figure for a corsa with no interior and a 2.0L engine running 165hp
Tom

30th Jul 03 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His corsa was 114 bhp

Nova's are pooooo, used to have one myself so I know

.3 up the 1/4 mile is not large, could come down to driver skill
vibrio
Banned

30th Jul 03 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0.3s on the 1/4 mile is huge
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
0.3s on the 1/4 mile is huge

yes.
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
na.... even my bird at the time beat ICY's older bro is his nova

my 1.4 16v wasnt quite std..... cams, PMC manifold, Unichip

was running more power than std GSi

exactly.
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
and again.....

Matt

Real Races

Matt

please tell me the book figure for a corsa with no interior and a 2.0L engine running 165hp

no i was only talkin bout factory built cars (GSi's GTE's etc). ie: the race between kindness's 1.4 16v and a nova SR (untill i found out his was heavily tuned).

Matt
Daimo B

30th Jul 03 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, can someone answer me this Q

Does this Nova Owner get his 14.2 (?) on the 17"s when stripped?? Or was he on smaller wheels?

Will he be running the 17"s at the next strip event and hoping to beat that time?

PS, corsa 1.4 16v Vs Nova 1.4 8v up a drap strip, both standard, would be very close. However, i have not seen a 1.4 8v SRi beat a 1.4 16v corsa (standard) up the strip yet. I raced one, with my 15"s, ind kit n rear box (he had about the same, peco exhaust, K+N but was on standard alloys) and beat him twice by a comfortable margin.

[Edited on 30-07-2003 by Daimo B]
xedos@hotmail

30th Jul 03 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Ka recorded a 14.4 quarter mile last week.
nik

30th Jul 03 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is gHey.
xedos@hotmail

30th Jul 03 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im Ghey too
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B

Does this Nova Owner get his 14.2 (?) on the 17"s when stripped?? Or was he on smaller wheels?

Will he be running the 17"s at the next strip event and hoping to beat that time?

PS, corsa 1.4 16v Vs Nova 1.4 8v up a drap strip, both standard, would be very close. However, i have not seen a 1.4 8v SRi beat a 1.4 16v corsa (standard) up the strip yet. I raced one, with my 15"s, ind kit n rear box (he had about the same, peco exhaust, K+N but was on standard alloys) and beat him twice by a comfortable margin.

This nova has done a standing 1/4 at santa pod, with full interior, std engine, std zaust on 17"s @14.4s.

The same nova, but now fully stripped, power cap, phase 1 and still on 17", i reckon, is likely to get closer to 14.2s at santa pod 1.4 RWYB this sunday. The 14.2 has not been acheieved yet, results will be posted on sunday. The above posts say this.

And we are agreed on ur second point. Nova SR's and SRi's, although down on power to the corsa, stay with em due to being lighter.

PS: I'm sure the rollin radius of ur 15"s (probably 45 or 50 tyres) was the same if not less than the nova on 14"s (likely to have been 60 or 65 profile tyres)

Matt

Daimo B

30th Jul 03 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no way a nova with minimal engine mods can do a 14.2 on 17"s up the strip!!! Either fcuked timing or more has been done to that engine that you are aware of.

Im sorry fella, somethings wrong. It won't be able to to it that fast. Even teh 2.0ltire Turbo or B00ST's corsa with 18"s was only doing a 14.4!!! And thats got nearly doublt the bhp!!!

I will remind u to post on monday the times.
Sooty
Banned

30th Jul 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm BOOOOST saw that go up the strip... wet myself
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There is no way a nova with minimal engine mods can do a 14.2 on 17"s up the strip!!! Either fcuked timing or more has been done to that engine that you are aware of.

Im sorry fella, somethings wrong. It won't be able to to it that fast. Even teh 2.0ltire Turbo or B00ST's corsa with 18"s was only doing a 14.4!!! And thats got nearly doublt the bhp!!!

I will remind u to post on monday the times.

As i have said, the 14.2s is wot i believe the nova will do, it has not been proved yet. I Can however proove the 14.4, as the timin sheet from April is sittin here, but then again, it is only my word tellin u it had full interior (no pics from day).

It now has alot lot less weight, 10-15bhp more, which should at LEAST give early 14.3's, if not wonder into late 14.2s

The engine has been rolling roaded at 153bhp when it was first fitted, but not since then. It is a very strong engine, and does seem to have an edge on other nova valvers. Times/Timing sheets are provided by Santa Pod.
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm......14.4 from a c20let with nearly 300bhp u say? I realise its on 18"s......but i feel it should do it quicker than this.

This would suggest that this car is the same over a 1/4 as a std 20xe nova?? Sorry mate, but i say thats fcuked timing?? I've been out in AP racings 280bhp corsa, and my gosh, that would storm all over this xe nova up the strip..........
big eck

30th Jul 03 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33
at the end of the day, the corsa is a girls car, the nova's old, they both dont handle standard, dont see why the novas gettin slated cos the corsa was derived from the nova, at the end of the day lets have a look at the condition of corsa in about 10years time

My corsa is 10yrs old and is still in very good condition, never been welded and solid underneath.
vibrio
Banned

30th Jul 03 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

This nova has done a standing 1/4 at santa pod, with full interior, std engine, std zaust on 17"s @14.4s.

The same nova, but now fully stripped, power cap, phase 1 and still on 17", i reckon, is likely to get closer to 14.2s at santa pod 1.4 RWYB this sunday. The 14.2 has not been acheieved yet, results will be posted on sunday. The above posts say this.

And we are agreed on ur second point. Nova SR's and SRi's, although down on power to the corsa, stay with em due to being lighter.

PS: I'm sure the rollin radius of ur 15"s (probably 45 or 50 tyres) was the same if not less than the nova on 14"s (likely to have been 60 or 65 profile tyres)

Matt

it's still a fucking nova though. don;t matter what you do it's still a nova.
big eck

30th Jul 03 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MattyB do you still have the timing sheet there?? If so take a pic of it and let us all see for ourselfs.
Daimo B

30th Jul 03 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you have a punto. No matter what u do, itsstill a punto.

So your point being?
vibrio
Banned

30th Jul 03 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And you have a punto. No matter what u do, itsstill a punto.

So your point being?

yes no matter what I do it is still a punto. I have no problem with that statement. better than a nova no matter how quick it is
Tiger

30th Jul 03 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Laguna 2.0 8v - Its still as fast as my Corsa GSi was.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just bin out in my bro's 20XE Nova in the wet.... 22 database queries in 0.1991301 seconds