corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just bin out in my bro's 20XE Nova in the wet....

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just bin out in my bro's 20XE Nova in the wet....
Daimo B

User status: Offline
30th Jul 03 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have seen a LOT better quality novas than i have Puntos. In fact, theres been quite a few superb novas, totally show condidtion, that still get track use.

Only high bhp punto i know of is Xedos one. But that kept blowing up?

PErsonnally, i'd prefer a really tidy nova compared to a really tidy (if there is such one been done yet) Punto.
Marc

30th Jul 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daimo, this is why vibrio doesnt like u!!!
Sooty
Banned

30th Jul 03 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc, what about the rest of us?
Marc

30th Jul 03 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo B

30th Jul 03 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats wrong with that. I am putting a personnal opinion down just as he does. OK for vibbers but not anyone else?

But what i put is true. Vibrio may like Puntos more, furry muff, but im saying i haven't seen a punto to the high quality that i have a Nova. There are some immaculate examples, where-as i haven't seen any like that of a punto?
Marc

30th Jul 03 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm, im windin u up!
BabyBlade

30th Jul 03 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33
at the end of the day, the corsa is a girls car, the nova's old, they both dont handle standard, dont see why the novas gettin slated cos the corsa was derived from the nova, at the end of the day lets have a look at the condition of corsa in about 10years time

My corsa is 10yrs old and is still in very good condition, never been welded and solid underneath.

And the corsa i had one and a half years ago (1996 plate) had rust on the bottom of the drivers door.

Whats your point?
xedos@hotmail

30th Jul 03 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
I have seen a LOT better quality novas than i have Puntos. In fact, theres been quite a few superb novas, totally show condidtion, that still get track use.

Only high bhp punto i know of is Xedos one. But that kept blowing up?

PErsonnally, i'd prefer a really tidy nova compared to a really tidy (if there is such one been done yet) Punto.

Kept blowing up, news to me. Melted 2 years ago, never blown up since. Rings wore out, hardly a blowup, but then you never were very bright.
big eck

30th Jul 03 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
at the end of the day, the corsa is a girls car, the nova's old, they both dont handle standard, dont see why the novas gettin slated cos the corsa was derived from the nova, at the end of the day lets have a look at the condition of corsa in about 10years time

My corsa is 10yrs old and is still in very good condition, never been welded and solid underneath.

And the corsa i had one and a half years ago (1996 plate) had rust on the bottom of the drivers door.

Whats your point?

My point is that the corsa wont rust half as badly at that age as the nova would.
xedos@hotmail

30th Jul 03 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Whats wrong with that. I am putting a personnal opinion down just as he does. OK for vibbers but not anyone else?

But what i put is true. Vibrio may like Puntos more, furry muff, but im saying i haven't seen a punto to the high quality that i have a Nova. There are some immaculate examples, where-as i haven't seen any like that of a punto?

My god you really are a cock
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i'm with daimo on this one. although i own a corsa, i aint sayin a nova is a good car. But it does come down to personal preference.

Down this way, the only ppl drivin Punto's especially GTs and Sportings are 20 year old kids, mainly jewish, who are under their mums insurance and believe that having a stick on tail pipe, is high modified. They feel that they all have the quickest car around, and get very upset when a nova passes them

This is why i would not own punto, but thats just coz of the image it has around this way, and the fact i DONT like em in general.

Matt
Sooty
Banned

30th Jul 03 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl, welcome to the Daimo 200 club
Daimo B

30th Jul 03 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Show some examples then xedos of superb Puntos!!!!

And i was under the impression u sold ur punto cos it wasn't reliable enuff, and kept going pop?
xedos@hotmail

30th Jul 03 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
quote:

i'm with daimo on this one. although i own a corsa, i aint sayin a nova is a good car. But it does come down to personal preference.

Down this way, the only ppl drivin Punto's especially GTs and Sportings are 20 year old kids, mainly jewish, who are under their mums insurance and believe that having a stick on tail pipe, is high modified. They feel that they all have the quickest car around, and get very upset when a nova passes them

This is why i would not own punto, but thats just coz of the image it has around this way, and the fact i DONT like em in general.

Matt

Novas are a quality car.
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Whats your point?

mine originally had it all under the underside, in the engine bay, b - pillar cracks, under the plastic arches............yet my brother's 13 year old nova does not have this, and never has.

Matt
xedos@hotmail

30th Jul 03 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
pmsl, welcome to the Daimo 200 club

Is that 200 people hate him ?
xedos@hotmail

30th Jul 03 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Show some examples then xedos of superb Puntos!!!!

And i was under the impression u sold ur punto cos it wasn't reliable enuff, and kept going pop?

I sold it because the engine was modified to such an extent that it needed rebuilding every 1k miles, something that I cannot afford to do both for time and money, so I bought a new Lotus Elise instead
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xedos@hotmail
quote:
quote:

Matt

Novas are a quality car.

i agree with ur sarcasm....they are crap....they look crap, their safety features are poor, many of the older models had a lot of rust and that why i bought a 1.2 corsa instead of a 1.2 nova.

However, like for like in engine sizes, they will beat corsa's both in a straight line and round corners. Fact. And believe it or not, that is what this post is about

Matt
big eck

30th Jul 03 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A guy round my way has a Valver nova and when I raced him I could'nt get past him BUT he was'nt pulling away from me, i'd say it was neck and neck in performance.
BabyBlade

30th Jul 03 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Whats your point?

My point is that the corsa wont rust half as badly at that age as the nova would.

That might be so, but then again it might be that your corsa has been given loads of TLC which not all cars had,both of the cars are surely the same build quality since theyre made by the same company?

I'm basing this on my friends nova which is clean, not sure if its been done again but it is very tidy, tidier than a lot of corsas i've seen anyway.

I'm not trying to put down corsas i think theyre great cars (except mine!) but i'm voicing my opinion
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep......a well looked after 15 year old nova will have little or no rust, where as a thrashed and ragged 10 year old corsa will do.
BabyBlade

30th Jul 03 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i agree with ur sarcasm....they are crap....they look crap, their safety features are poor, many of the older models had a lot of rust and that why i bought a 1.2 corsa instead of a 1.2 nova.

However, like for like in engine sizes, they will beat corsa's both in a straight line and round corners. Fact. And believe it or not, that is what this post is about

Matt

I would have to disagree.

IMO the Nova 1.3 SR is faster than mine, however i do not think the GTE/GSI would beat a corsa GSI.

My friend has a GSI and its only quicker than my car in first and a part of second, after that i stuck with him.

He even admitted i was keeping up.
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Matt

I would have to disagree.

IMO the Nova 1.3 SR is faster than mine, however i do not think the GTE/GSI would beat a corsa GSI.

My friend has a GSI and its only quicker than my car in first and a part of second, after that i stuck with him.

He even admitted i was keeping up.

so ur sayin that a Nova 1300cc SR would beat urs.....but u keep up with a 1600i GTE/GSi......? Ur mates GSi must be mashed mate......coz that just dont make sense.

Matt
big eck

30th Jul 03 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Whats your point?

That might be so, but then again it might be that your corsa has been given loads of TLC which not all cars had,both of the cars are surely the same build quality since theyre made by the same company?

I'm basing this on my friends nova which is clean, not sure if its been done again but it is very tidy, tidier than a lot of corsas i've seen anyway.

I'm not trying to put down corsas i think theyre great cars (except mine!) but i'm voicing my opinion

Fair point m8 but the bit about bein the same build quality i'm not sure if thats true, Ford for example the series 1 turbo's build quality was shit due to the thin steel that they used where as the series 2 model was made with much thicker steel, not sure if thats the same senario with vauxhall.
MattyB

30th Jul 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh - and yes, i've seen various nova GTE's pull past corsa GSi's in my time. I'm hopin to spot this match this sunday at the pod.

Matt

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just bin out in my bro's 20XE Nova in the wet.... 22 database queries in 0.1948709 seconds