corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official 2016 F1 Thread
Aaron

User status: Offline
30th Apr 16 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton looks to have been dry bummed again.
Ben G

30th Apr 16 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed. Ruined qualifying as Mercedes were so far ahead, Rosberg only had to crawl round to get P1.
Rob_Quads

30th Apr 16 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like we need bottas to get a bumper start and block rosberg otherwise he will just walk away with it again
Ben G

1st May 16 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine change for Lewis, back to Melbourne, but mixed with upgraded stuff flown in overnight.

Good job by Mercedes to get it all fixed (hopefully) without incurring any penalties.
Ben G

1st May 16 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Looks like we need bottas to get a bumper start and block rosberg otherwise he will just walk away with it again

More than likely. The Williams is always quick at the start and very slippery down the straights. Hopefully Bottas and Kimi can at least Nico some grief, else it'll be a bore fest at the front again.
Ben G

1st May 16 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good start
Ben G

1st May 16 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely radio message from Vettel he is not a happy German.
Ben G

1st May 16 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear. Kvyat thinks he's playing destruction Derby. Suppose it makes up for the accusations from Vettel in the last race
Ben G

1st May 16 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So Lewis takes 5-6 seconds out of Nico's lead and suddenly he has a water pressure issue

Here we go again......... Getting boring now.
Ben G

1st May 16 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nico's lead back to 13 seconds and miraculously, lewis' water pressure issue has stabilised.

You really couldn't make this up
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st May 16 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Nico's lead back to 13 seconds and miraculously, lewis' water pressure issue has stabilised.

You really couldn't make this up

I'm pretty anti-conspiracy theory when it comes to F1. Too much at stake to these teams to screw around like that.

I did chuckle though as all that unravelled.

Nico's gifted championship aside, the team radio rules are really, really sucky. Hate not hearing what's going on between the teams and drives - though Sebs outburst was pretty damn good

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

1st May 16 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's ridiculously boring for the fans now. We have to instead listen to I think it's Crofty? Constantly messing up the drivers names.

Lewis looked mega pissed off on the podium. I'm sure there will be words with the management later.

Kyle T
Premium Member

1st May 16 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the issue is that a number of gobby casual fans were always spouting out that F1 drivers are talentless because they have an engineer on the phone telling them it's hammertime.

I always thought it was an excellent insight into how these cars work around a track and how a race team functions, I wanted to hear more - not less! These engines are so complex now, we can't see on the TV what's going on when the driver is twiddling away at all his knobs but at least you could have something to think about when the engineer would come on and specify some settings or whatever.

Stuff like Nico asking where to brake was a little bit funny, but I didn't find it irritating and it didn't diminish the sport, most sports have people sat on the sidelines coaching during a competetive event...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jambo

1st May 16 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not about the drivers though is it, WDC aside, it's a team sport.

I'm all in favour of radio messages. Was far more interesting
Ben G

1st May 16 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we should be treated to at least one set vettel radio message every grand prix race.
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st May 16 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
It's not about the drivers though is it, WDC aside, it's a team sport.

I'm all in favour of radio messages. Was far more interesting

The drivers/team bosses are forever crediting "the guys back at the factory" in interviews, but banning the radio is just diminishing the perceived input of the non-driving team members into a GP weekend.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jambo

1st May 16 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know most people who watch one race a year and declare it boring would have this opinion. I hate elitism or anything of the sort but common man, this is what makes it fascinating and amazing! It's a sport where the team result is essentially the "important" thing, but the WDC gets all the praise. Which is deserved essentially, and something I love obviously. But let's not forget how many individuals contribute to the success a team has.

Wothout meaning to anger any of you, Lewis/Nico is only as good as the Mercedes they are driving. That "Mercedes" is the product of much money and many peoples. It requires a level of commitment that is never appreciated I don't think. It's a really great thing to see how these people can make a car embarrass a Ferrari by 1second or so round a track that in theory thy should be close to. It's testament to some very very clever people and a lot of talent/man hours.

This is IMO what makes the sport so unique and so great: you can have Alonso and be chuffed you are finishing in the points.

It's complex, difficult and unique: this is F1. Ok so it's a tad capitalist in the sense that the richest entrants have the biggest advantage but it's not impossible for the smaller teams to compete on s monetary level.

It's the pinnacle of human interaction and cooperation whilst overcoming engineering objectives. What more could you bloody ask for!
djgritt
Premium Member

5th May 16 at 07:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RBR & STR are swapping Kvyat & Verstappen ahead of Spain...

http://www.redbullracing.com/en_GB

The Ruski must have really pissed someone off!
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th May 16 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, that's a shocker. He's had a few miserable races but Verstappen has been a bit of a douche too!

I find myself rooting for Sainz now.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

5th May 16 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that's to secure him for the future - as he would have been snapped up end of the season - regardless of long term contract

If they put him in the Front team he is more likely to stay

[Edited on 05-05-2016 by whitter45]
Ben G

5th May 16 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't mess about, do they?

Verstappen is clearly the better driver of the 2 anyway. Yeah he's made mistake, but he's also a lot younger and less experienced.

Interested to see if he shows up Danny Ric.
Jambo

5th May 16 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree it's a move to keep him, but I doubt he will stay if Mercedes came knocking!

Bit harsh for Danil, he's essentially had the only podium for Red Bull this year!
whitter45

5th May 16 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Agree it's a move to keep him, but I doubt he will stay if Mercedes came knocking!

Bit harsh for Danil, he's essentially had the only podium for Red Bull this year!

agree, but what is Redbull's main objective - marketing its products and image

Vers has more potential then Kvyatt from a marketing perspective

[Edited on 05-05-2016 by whitter45]
Ben G

5th May 16 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely. The youngsters love Verstappen. My brother only starting watching it because of him.
JM_16v

10th May 16 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

other theories. . .

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1890562 seconds